What is your favorite die-cast car.

NewprideT

Hi,

How is everybody? My favorite is any dodge viper models, I love to build a model die-cast dodge viper because it gives me that joy when I see my model complete. How about your favorite die-cast car

Have a pleasant day,

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Happy Gilmore

My favorite brand has always been Hot Wheels, but I have Matchbox and Johnny Lightnings also. My favorite car when I was younger was a Hot Wheel sized General Lee made by Ertl. My favorite car is now the metallic red Hot Wheels 1967 Camaro that came in the Camaro five pack about seven years ago. It was replaced after a short time. I was lucky enough to buy a couple of those packs.

My favorite is My 1:18 Bugatti EB 110 Special Edition car. I had one before it but it got nailed with a drum stick :( out of 40 cars it had to be that one! my favorite.. shhh.. Anyways.. took me 5 months to order a new one!

hehe.. thats funny.. I have a full size ' 79 transam in my garage.. its got a 6.6 litre 403 in it. sweet car! my dad died and left it to my little brother :( but oh well. thats ok. he likes it more then me anyways. we take it to car shows all the time.My car is white with blue interior though, big blue bird on the front. t-bird sun roof.

• 3 months later...
hehe.. thats funny.. I have a full size ' 79 transam in my garage.. its got a 6.6 litre 403 in it. sweet car! my dad died and left it to my little brother :( but oh well. thats ok. he likes it more then me anyways. we take it to car shows all the time.My car is white with blue interior though, big blue bird on the front. t-bird sun roof.

:evil: :evil: I feel your pain bud......well at least you have a car....me none :cry: :cry:

smileyrem.gif"If you're gonna ride, ride in style"

kiddsani.gif

• 1 month later...

I dont have a lot of die-cast cars. I have about 30 Hot Wheels that my wife bought me and about 8 cars that are the size of a plastic model kit, I think they are 1:24th scale. But the one I like the best is my 1997 Camareo SS convertable. It has been sitting on top of my TV for years.

ya.. those model like ones are 1:24 and 1:25 scale. I have a couple of those..

a Terry Labonte's `94 number 5 Kellogs car, a silver 73 transam and a metallic red Pontic Rageos. I think its called? a concept car..

the rest are all 1:18 scale.. lot bigger :)

Out of my 200+ Vipers my red 1:18 1992 Viper RT/10 is my favorite. Some day I will have a garage with display cases on each wall and in the middle will sit the real thing.

1992DodgeViperRT-P5080344.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

[NOTE] Forgive me if this is not in the proper thread, but I haven't found any other appropriate Forums/Threads for JL/Maisto cars specifically[/NOTE]

I'm relatively new to die-cast car collecting, and aside from the standard 1:18/1:24 models, I have particularly been into the Marvel Cars released by both Maisto and Johnny Lightning.

The Maisto Series 1 and 2 1:64 scale cars are pretty decent, and affordable as well. The 1:24 and 1:18, which are much cooler than the aforementioned, are next on my 'to-buy' list.

As for the Johnny Lightning cars, I am collecting the Marvel's, though I started searching for those too late, and I cannot find any in abundance, other than on eBay.

Out of JL-Marvel cars, the 1:43 scale's: Spider-Man (1 of 9,999), Hulk (1 of 8K), & Spider-Man (1 of 8K) are pretty darn cool, imo, and very affordable compared to teh 1:64 JL-Marvel's.

Also, the JL Simpsons and Cat in the Hat cars are pretty neat, but still looking for the 'chase' Cat/Hat car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...