Monkey Room 'R' Us

Guest Anonymous

Aww so pretty! Congrats!! Can't believe we are all having kids... crazy, lol. I'm excited for you, it is sooo awesome!!

Thanks....its been hectic around the house. Its kept me from posting much at all.

Still been collecting stuff when I have time to look for things.

Its such a change having 2 young boys in the house instead of girls!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember those times too, I haven't been here in ages...I remember chatting a lot with rc_rika, Mike and even did a trade with him, and have now just put JayC together with his reviews I watch all the time...it didn't click they were and are the same guy.

How has everyone been doing??

Yeah, I remember all you guys, I didn't post much but I was around.

I'm engaged to be married next May, no kids, but we have been together for almost 10 years, I guess that's kinda when I stopped coming to the boards as much... weird coincidence??

I remember those times too, I haven't been here in ages...I remember chatting a lot with rc_rika, Mike and even did a trade with him, and have now just put JayC together with his reviews I watch all the time...it didn't click they were and are the same guy.

How has everyone been doing??

What? RC, Mike, JayC = the same guy??

No, I was watching JayC's reviews on YouTube, not putting together that he was the same JayC here that I actually used to talk to on these boards. The other names i mentioned like Mike and rc_rika, are other, different people altogether!! But as more people post I'm remembering almost all of you.

Good thing I saw that this room was still active since I was going to put it on the General Discussion forum, but I find this place much safer and more comfortable.

Anyway, now that I am in my thirties, I finally accepted the possibility of being single until death - as geeky as it sounds, for me to finally accept this scenario, I look up to the classic series and Peter Capaldi's run of Doctor Who as inspiration, For those who are not aware, in the classic series and to a lesser extent, the current incarnation of the timelord, the Doctor enjoys not being in a relationship with his companions.

Jumping right into the point, once or twice a week, I go to this newly organic market that sells overpriced foods at least once or twice a week. I have started to noticed that one of the cashier has either taken a liking to me or is just being nice and I am just projecting things. Two weeks prior, I received a free side from her, which seemed odd even to her coworker. She told her coworker that it giving free sides for an order maybe a new thing. It is possible, the cashier may have saw me put a dollar in the tip jar, hence the free side; I didn't get a free side from another cashier. At a later visit, she waved at me while she moved around the store - I naturally waved back and looked behind me to make sure she wasn't waving at someone else. I had also caught her staring at me through the other aisle once, though I didn't think much of the staring other than it feeling strange - I clearly wasn't thinking that staring = she liked me at the time even though I find her hot.

Now my question is does she like me or am I reading things into much? Regardless, knowing me, I am going to eventually flirt with her slowly and then ask her out, though like situations I have had before with women in the past, the response would be that she is taken; I currently believe in the notion that women at my age are all taken and that I have missed the boat. I am also someone who doesn't see myself as attractive even though I have had comments from others that said otherwise - ever since I was in grade school, I took such comments as sarcasm.

Jumping right into the point, once or twice a week, I go to this newly organic market that sells overpriced foods at least once or twice a week. I have started to noticed that one of the cashier has either taken a liking to me or is just being nice and I am just projecting things. Two weeks prior, I received a free side from her, which seemed odd even to her coworker. She told her coworker that it giving free sides for an order maybe a new thing. It is possible, the cashier may have saw me put a dollar in the tip jar, hence the free side; I didn't get a free side from another cashier. At a later visit, she waved at me while she moved around the store - I naturally waved back and looked behind me to make sure she wasn't waving at someone else. I had also caught her staring at me through the other aisle once, though I didn't think much of the staring other than it feeling strange - I clearly wasn't thinking that staring = she liked me at the time even though I find her hot.

Now my question is does she like me or am I reading things into much? Regardless, knowing me, I am going to eventually flirt with her slowly and then ask her out, though like situations I have had before with women in the past, the response would be that she is taken; I currently believe in the notion that women at my age are all taken and that I have missed the boat. I am also someone who doesn't see myself as attractive even though I have had comments from others that said otherwise - ever since I was in grade school, I took such comments as sarcasm.

Does she like you or you reading things into much, until you engage into a conversation with her and get to know her, the assumption does not matter. Yup, you had the right approach so far...start slowly...casual talk...more casual talk just to find out if she is in a relation or not. If she's not, that's a good sign for you....find some common ground between you and her so you can start off with a preliminary asking her out e.g. see a movie. I'm not sure what you meant by you received a free side from her. What's a free side?

Does she like you or you reading things into much, until you engage into a conversation with her and get to know her, the assumption does not matter. Yup, you had the right approach so far...start slowly...casual talk...more casual talk just to find out if she is in a relation or not. If she's not, that's a good sign for you....find some common ground between you and her so you can start off with a preliminary asking her out e.g. see a movie. I'm not sure what you meant by you received a free side from her. What's a free side?

Thanks for the info. Honestly, at my age, I feel like almost everyone I am attracted to is taken. It is part of the reason why I want to give up as I have this notion that all the ones I get along with and find physically attracted are taken. And the ones that are not taken, are ones I don't find physically attracted. There were a few coworkers where after casual talk, found out that they were taken. As for ones I don't find physically attracted to, I have asked them out as well to see if there was something more than looks - I asked one out because we both graduated at the same college at the exact same time and with the same degree even though we didn't know each other back then; we both had similar jobs. This one ended because she stood me up twice - she didn't realize I was asking her out the first time around and she forgot the third time around; I cancelled the first reschedule since I did not want to go out on a date at 8 am on a Saturday morning. She wanted to try again, but I decided to give it up. At this point, I felt that I needed to be somewhat physically attracted to someone as I felt that this was a reflection of my own self worth at the time - I felt that I was asking women I wasn't attracted to because I didn't find myself desirable.

I meant a free side of mustard for the pretzel I bought.

As for my approach, this is something I have done since college, which was almost 10 years ago when I was more active on the forums here. LOL There was this time in college where I would usually sit next to this girl in one of my classes. It was weird since the classroom had 300 seats and was packed. There would either be a seat next to me or her, which we would fill. I spent the entire quarter talking to her, and when it was time for me to ask the girl out, she either dropped out of the class or stop showing up; it was the last few weeks of the quarter.

I went there again today and I chatted a bit as in a few seconds - I asked her if she was having a busy day as there were quite a few ppl in the store when I entered. When I got my pretzel from her, I said "Thank you and Happy Hump day!". She laughed and waved goodbye - the reference was from last week where I mistakenly said it was "Hump day" on a Thursday while ordering coffee. I was so out of it that day that I literally needed coffee (I rarely drink coffee nowadays) to think straight.

• 2 months later...