Monkey Room 'R' Us

Guest Anonymous

Ya I'm a toy whore my self... It sorta sucks to tell the truth :(

ML

TMNT

Transformers

Whatever else I find I like ...

very hard on the wallet I tell ya! ML is a great line though!

Just came back from a Walmart pre-work run, picked up Energon Megatron, wasn't going to just yet but decided what the hell, and grabbed a Skyblast too. Thinking of turning him into a Thundercracker looking one.

Also my Walmart has got the new Universe Prowl and Sideburn if anyone is interested. I think they look half assed but you never know.

And here I bought out all their stock. @smilepunch@ Nah they look pretty bad, never liked Sideburn and while Prowl is decent his paint job isn't that much different from the orginal version. I think i would have done him mostly black and called him Stakeout.

Sounds like a custom project to me.

Nah, don't really like the mold enough to do a custom with it.

whats your favorite mold?

Probably the Datsun mold. At least for custom purposes. Seekers of course.

I don't like the kibble on Prowl or the girlie legs, Prefer X-Brawn's look over him.

My all time favorite one to work with though is probably Jetfire, just to expensive to do alot of them, at least with decent quality parts. The knockoffs will break if you look at them funny, at least the non-Galaxy Defender one will. That GD one is a great figure.

Silverbolt....What is a mold that you have not made a custome of that you would like to use?

Jazz definately Jazz. I have one just trying to decide which version of it to use. Its either going to be my C-7.5 orginal, my takara reissue or the Hasbro.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Takara even if it is stickered already. The Hasbro is just that much superior to it. Might sell the orginal on ebay. Jazz is my favorite character but that figure really isn't in the mint shape that I would like for my non-reissue collection.

Another that looks like it might be fun is Wheeljack, especially if Transrepro starts up again and I can get the Diaclone parts, having two versions to work with is always good.

I would like to do a Pipes repaint too, always thought that he was far cooler looking then Huffer.

Trailbreaker wouldn't be a bad one either, though his coloring isn't custom friendly.

I'm thinking of doing a custom but duno what just yet... I'm considering my rid prowl into sunstreaker since hasbro seams to hate that guy @grumpy@

Any tips for a newbeie?

Nothing really major just get something that you don't really care about ruining as a first piece. Having a dremmel around with some sanding, grinding, cutting and drilling attachments is a plus, and use quality paints. I perfer Tamiya.

have u tried customs of other toy lines?