Monkey Room 'R' Us

Guest Anonymous

I guess i'll have to get her to get all of them that she can, she works in the childrens section so it's safe to say they're as good as mine.I'll use the ones that i don't want to trade for Gijoes and MOTU. Thanks for the info. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cool! I use to build them when I was younger, but I just collect 1:18 scale die cast cars now. a few of the Bburago ones were in a kit form. they were cool to build.

I wanna make a couple repaints of them though. Like my black 79 transam to match the full size white one I have in the garage.

I'm going to the car show on Sunday. Kinda worried. I've always been on Friday's when normal people are at work, but all my buddies and I have midterms that day this year so we got screwed. I assume it's gonna be freaking nuts...

Anyhow, there's going to be a Murcielago there and an F40. <drools>

The way I figure it, my buddy (who is a Ferrari NUT) is gonna lose control, jump the velvet rope, and jump into the F40. So, as security rushes over to beat him with their flashlights and throw him out I'll jump in the Murcielago and get a few seconds respite to make engine revving sounds and pretend I'm driving. :D:D

Then I'll get clubbed to death by security. @-@

My first day at TRU last summer one of the first things the guy showing me around said was "DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LET THE HOT WHEELS GUY INTO THE BACK TO LOOK THROUGH BOXES"

I was like, "Hot wheels guy?" and he said "You'll see"

Wow. I sure did see. This guy was a freaking freak! Freaktastic! I mean, I like toys, but I think this guy would have died for some of the hard to find Hot Wheels. Crazy.

there's a few old faces still posting around. but a LOT of new people joined and became regulars last year. Glad to hear you've been doing good :) I've been good myself too.

My car collection hasn't been growing too much lately, just been concentrating on transformers I guess ;) but I wanna pick up all those fast and the furious cars when they come out!

• 2 weeks later...

LET'S SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!

Please sign this and then pass it on...

Please visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign in thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for defending our freedom The compiled list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only about 6.1 million names. What a shame...... National Military Appreciation Month. The entire exercise takes 10 seconds...literally.

Please pass it on to your email friends.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

Cool. I dig models too. In fact I am into muscle cars (Trans Ams, anything MOPAR, GM, all vintage of course) and my brother is the president of the San Diego Model Car Club. You have a cool site by the way!

The Area Reports toy section. If everyone starts reporting their weekly toy finds in this section I think it can become a powerfull tool for us all to find those hard to find toys. Here is a direct link for those of you who don't know where it is.

http://adctalk.com/viewforum.php?f=10

Simply after a toy run let us all know where and what you found. I thin you may find other collectors in your area who can give you a heads up when a store get in certain items. Also post count towards the monthly forum $50 give away ;)

I've found 'em on occasion, but don't go looking for them. They are almost always bought up by the employees. (the best bet if someone does want them is - avoid TRU, Target, Walmart etc. and look for them at the grocery store or Longs or something- employees at these locations are not usually Scalpers-on-the-side!) And at the ridiculous prices people expect for 'em you could customize a standard hot-wheel yourself! I love hot-wheels, but don't care for the hype of THs or the way some collectors act to get them.

Make mine 99 cents (or less)!!!!!!