Monkey Room 'R' Us

Guest Anonymous

My Grandfather had been in the auto-body biz for almost 50 years. He knows a lot of dealers. This one guy that sells expensive cars got a Lamborghini in. I think it was mid to lat 80's model. AnywayI was with my Grandfather one day and we stoped by. I was just joking when I asked to drive it, but he let me. I was by myself for about 30 minutes on the interstate. That was an Awesome experiance, but the funny thing was, all that speed I had and I was afraid to go over 70 Mph. :lol:

My wife loves to go shopping. She will go out and buy bags of stuff, but non of it was for me. So I asked why she never got me anything? She said that she had no idea what to get me. (she never has the chance to get TF's, I buy them so quickly) So I told her to just pick my up a couple of Hot Wheels. I now have about 60. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got one of these? I want one! From what I can tell the Zip Zaps brand at Radio Shack is one of the most popular brands. They can be modified for better performance and have interchangeable bodies. There are tons on ebay.

60-7008.jpg

http://www.zipzaps.com

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?coo...01%5F000&Page=1

I dont have any yet.. but they look awesome!!

I have a sorta small one.. Its one of those Canned heat ones.. they are fuly functional and go SO fast! well for how small they are..

and the range is only like 20 feet.. hehe

but I set up little race tracks in the garage and drive them around.. they were awesome!

But I want one of those litle wee mini ones too!

All Radio Shack stores are sold out of the Zip Zaps cars. They are also impossible to get off ebay. At Radio Shack they sell for $20 each, but on ebay people are paying at least $40. I gave up on the Zip Zaps, but I really want that yellow Mustang.

I got 3 Micro Q cars off ebay; 2 Porsche Police cars and 1 fire truck. The extra police car is for my Dad. After shipping they came out to $14 each. Before I got them off ebay I checked an anime store at my mall that has them. They are charging $20 for them.

I can't wait to get these. I played with one my friend has, it was a fast little thing.

MicroQRescue_400.jpg

Police_400.jpg

These 3 stores have the boxed mini rc cars: Hastings- $25.99, Target- $29.99, & TRU- $29.99. I don't know why the boxed ones are more expensive than the bubbled ones.

Walgreens has the bubbled ones for $9.99. Most look like Toyota Celicas, SUVs, or Mercedes LeMans racers. Some come with an extra body. If you don't have a Walgreens check a similar drugstore or a flea market. Those drugstores usually carry gimmicky toys & flea markets always do.

The cars Walgreens has look like this:

newcar_closeup.jpg3d2combo.JPG

whiteSUV.JPG