Diamond Select Ghostbusters: Who's going to bite?

I saw these in person today and the look absolutely killer! The Winston and Ray are dead on and are overloaded with accessories. I had these all the way up to the register when I remembered I had a discount at another store so I'm going in tomorrow to pick them up. I passed on the Mattel line and I have a feeling I will be in the mood for some classic GB product once that all-girl movie hits. Man, I hope Peter and Egon turn out as good as the first two.

Ive had the ones with the diorama pieces on preorder for a looooong time. Should be here soon.

Ive seen quite a number of reviews, including toynewsi, where wrist pegs on the interchangeable hands have broken...that is inexcusable. A rep from DST frequents the gbfans boards...I didn't really care for his dismissive answer about hair dryers and hot water. C'mon, man...these are extreme nerds you're...er...I mean...seasoned toy collectors you're talking to. And no one appreciates the "ease up, gorilla mits" insinuation. The TRU releases minus the diorama parts were also lacking the hole to connect the proton stream.

UGH! More bad news about expensive toys breaking. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when my Neca Reve Superman shattered upon the slightest handling. I shouldn't have to take a hair dryer to a toy to get it to do what it's supposed to do when I'm paying $25+.

Well, I got too busy to pick them up yet. I'm going to try this weekend.

I'm down for these.....I'm hoping they don't have the Reeves China Doll syndrome...its shame, I never even saw the Reeves Supes at Retail.....Looks like I saved some money there.... @supes@ I passed on the Mattel Ghostbusters so this is a welcome change....I loathe Digital River...its one of the reasons why I didn't get the 3rd Earth sub for the Thundercats..

• 2 months later...

I had both Peter and Egon on hold for me at the LCS but they were mistakenly put back on the shelf. There was one Peter still left when I got there today but Egon is gone. Called every other comic shop in the area, no Egons. Oh well, they said they'd order another case and get me one in a few weeks.

Meantime, Peter looks great with the Ray and Winston. I have him posed with his walkie ("It's....right...here, Ray. It's.......looking at me..."). I'm going to try to email customer service and get a couple of those streamer clips for Ray and Winston. They should have came with them like Peter did...we'll see.

Otherwise this set looks awesome and I really hope I get that Egon situation worked out. Can't have just three Ghostbusters!

I had both Peter and Egon on hold for me at the LCS but they were mistakenly put back on the shelf. There was one Peter still left when I got there today but Egon is gone. Called every other comic shop in the area, no Egons. Oh well, they said they'd order another case and get me one in a few weeks.

Meantime, Peter looks great with the Ray and Winston. I have him posed with his walkie ("It's....right...here, Ray. It's.......looking at me..."). I'm going to try to email customer service and get a couple of those streamer clips for Ray and Winston. They should have came with them like Peter did...we'll see.

Otherwise this set looks awesome and I really hope I get that Egon situation worked out. Can't have just three Ghostbusters!

My set is on its way. The DST rep that frequents both thefwoosh and gbfans said that series two was supposed to come w extra stream clips... guess that didn't happen.

The DST rep that frequents both thefwoosh and gbfans said that series two was supposed to come w extra stream clips... guess that didn't happen.

I had not heard of that, but no. There was no trace of any extras when I looked through my Venkman box (after digging it out of the trash).

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE