Supergirl Drama On The CW!

Kill Solo

I wonder why she always wants to meet Clark instead of flying to Metropolis to visit him?

I'm guessing we're going to be asking that question for the duration of the show. If they're not going to say the guy's name, we sure as heck ain't going to see him on screen.

I wonder why she always wants to meet Clark instead of flying to Metropolis to visit him?

I'm guessing we're going to be asking that question for the duration of the show. If they're not going to say the guy's name, we sure as heck ain't going to see him on screen.

Why exactly would we see him on screen? Superman's a busy guy and Kara is a full grown woman. I'd find it a lot more troubling if he DID show up at the drop of a hat.

Why exactly would we see him on screen? Superman's a busy guy and Kara is a full grown woman. I'd find it a lot more troubling if he DID show up at the drop of a hat.

Because a guy who has spent a fair amount of time moping about being the last Kryptonian might be excited to see a blood relative, at least upon her discovery?

Nope. Send "James."

Because a guy who has spent a fair amount of time moping about being the last Kryptonian might be excited to see a blood relative, at least upon her discovery?

Nope. Send "James."

Right, IF he just met her. But in the universe of the show, Clark's known Kara for 12 years. He found her, he left her with the Danvers, and the very fact he sent James to National City NOW, suggests he's been keeping an eye on her.

My biggest problem with big, buff, black Jimmy is that in my comic geek mind, scrawney, dorky, ginger, white Jimmy has a steamy romance with Supergirl and is constantly giving it to her. A symbolic "nerd-gets-the-hot-chick" victory for dorks everywhere.

TV Jimmy just flies in the face of all of that.

My biggest problem with big, buff, black Jimmy is that in my comic geek mind, scrawney, dorky, ginger, white Jimmy has a steamy romance with Supergirl and is constantly giving it to her. A symbolic "nerd-gets-the-hot-chick" victory for dorks everywhere.

To be honest, my favorite version of Jimmy was Michael Landes from the first season of Lois and Clark, so James' lack of nerd-cred doesn't really bother me.

To be honest, my favorite version of Jimmy was Michael Landes from the first season of Lois and Clark, so James' lack of nerd-cred doesn't really bother me.

I liked the Smallville Jimmy. His death, an order from on high at WB, was complete BS. I got worse when we find Jimmy had a younger brother.....also named Jimmy who inherited his camera (?) GROAN!!!

I liked the Smallville Jimmy. His death, an order from on high at WB, was complete BS. I got worse when we find Jimmy had a younger brother.....also named Jimmy who inherited his camera (?) GROAN!!!

Oh, that was far from the most GROAN-worthy moment in the life of Smallville Jimmy (The "Sleeper" dance number comes to mind).

Oh, that was far from the most GROAN-worthy moment in the life of Smallville Jimmy (The "Sleeper" dance number comes to mind).

Eh, I don't remember what you're talking about there....at least I have them all on DVD. I'll rewatch it again at some point in life :)

That Jimmy death was such crap. The only reason WB called for it was because Ashmore/Jimmy was too close in age to Welling/Clark. As if that's the only liberty the show took with the continuity!

Eh, I don't remember what you're talking about there....at least I have them all on DVD. I'll rewatch it again at some point in life :)

That Jimmy death was such crap. The only reason WB called for it was because Ashmore/Jimmy was too close in age to Welling/Clark. As if that's the only liberty the show took with the continuity!

I like to think the producers killed Jimmy off because he was a terrible character who never should've been on the show in the first place. On the same token, I hope there's a Davis Bloome with a hunk 'o pipe waiting for a certain character on another DC series.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooohhhhh, shots fired. Some feminist blogger giving her opinion on why Jessica Jones is so much better than Supergirl.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1103835/supergirl-season-1-episode-5

I haven't seen enough of either show to weigh in. However, I had to stop reading after the writer's jab at society being "innately sexist". I also like her implication that Supergirl may be in danger of cancellation. A claim coming straight out of her head with no facts to back it.

Maybe he gripes agains Supergirl are valid. Like I say, I haven't seen enough of it to know. I do know, however, that both the shows play by completely different set of rules so maybe the comparison is "innately" unfair.

Putting aside the feminism bs for a moment, this article is a great example of what I despise about "media" today. The headline reads like the Supergirl show is in trouble and it's what made me click on it in the first place.

"Supergirl could be in danger of cancellation thanks to Jessica Jones".

What you get instead is an opinion piece about how JJ is a better feminist show that SG. "Facts" come in the form of a half dozen other blogger posts agreeing with the writer's opinion. Here, let me spend less than five minutes digging up six quotes from people who like Supergirl. Then we'll be back to square one.

The internet: Everyone get a voice, and it's all "news"!

Putting aside the feminism bs for a moment, this article is a great example of what I despise about "media" today. The headline reads like the Supergirl show is in trouble and it's what made me click on it in the first place.

"Supergirl could be in danger of cancellation thanks to Jessica Jones".

What you get instead is an opinion piece about how JJ is a better feminist show that SG. "Facts" come in the form of a half dozen other blogger posts agreeing with the writer's opinion. Here, let me spend less than five minutes digging up six quotes from people who like Supergirl. Then we'll be back to square one.

The internet: Everyone get a voice, and it's all "news"!

Ouch, gonna skip that article.

In any case, I haven't exactly been up on the ole' feminist manifesto since college (came with the liberal arts education), but I would've pegged Supergirl as a much better feminist role-model than Jessica Jones. But that's just me.

Gotham is all done for the fall. I was boxing up ebay stuff last night and had Planes, Trains, and Automobiles on in the background. Had I remembered I probably would have had Supergirl on.

I haven't been keeping up with this show as much. Since you hyped it, though, I'll track this ep. down online. I don't know who the reveal is but I'm guessing Flash or Superman? Or Felicity? Are they new BFF's?

Gotham is all done for the fall. I was boxing up ebay stuff last night and had Planes, Trains, and Automobiles on in the background. Had I remembered I probably would have had Supergirl on.

I haven't been keeping up with this show as much. Since you hyped it, though, I'll track this ep. down online. I don't know who the reveal is but I'm guessing Flash or Superman? Or Felicity? Are they new BFF's?

Let's put it this way, turns out Clark and Kara weren't the only survivors of a doomed world.

But why did they go with Hank Henshaw as a cover? It's like when they tried to cover up that everyone knew Cumberbund was playing Khan in Into Darkness, and they tried to feed the fans some bull about his character being named after some D-list character from old show lore. Okay...its a lil different...I mean, I was like "Cyborg Supes" is black, too? Huh? Whatever."

Maybe they were short on the old double letter names? Might as well called him Greg Gumble or Jeff Jarrett.