Last day for the sub for 2015

SKYWARP

The limited sub "cap" bullshit was to get people thinking that if they didn't buy it right away, they would miss out. This tactic was primarily aimed at the ones who wait until the last minute to buy the sub. Again, creating a sense of urgency, they want you to rush into it without thinking about whether you can afford it, want it, etc. Creating panic has been the norm for sub sales since the beginning.

Take a look at the .org threads, they're all in panic mode. This is exactly what Scott wants... panic until Friday, then buy 8 more subs because you want the line to continue. He has them wrapped around his little finger... gotta give him credit for that though. It's sad, but impressive at the same time. If not for those suckers, we wouldn't have extra SKU's year after year... so in a way I can't complain.

I hope your right. I thought the DC sub would be pushed through but it tanked.

Of course the DC sub was a dumping ground for Mattel for two years and they were going to have to spend a little money for the third year.

As for Mattel, they have always had shady business practices in my opinion.

That said, I want one more year to get the vintage figures promised back in 2013.

Then I will move my business elsewhere.

Its a good time to collect Masterpiece Transformers...

The limited sub "cap" bullshit was to get people thinking that if they didn't buy it right away, they would miss out. This tactic was primarily aimed at the ones who wait until the last minute to buy the sub. Again, creating a sense of urgency, they want you to rush into it without thinking about whether you can afford it, want it, etc. Creating panic has been the norm for sub sales since the beginning.

Take a look at the .org threads, they're all in panic mode. This is exactly what Scott wants... panic until Friday, then buy 8 more subs because you want the line to continue. He has them wrapped around his little finger... gotta give him credit for that though. It's sad, but impressive at the same time. If not for those suckers, we wouldn't have extra SKU's year after year... so in a way I can't complain.

I hope your right. I thought the DC sub would be pushed through but it tanked.

Of course the DC sub was a dumping ground for Mattel for two years and they were going to have to spend a little money for the third year.

As for Mattel, they have always had shady business practices in my opinion.

That said, I want one more year to get the vintage figures promised back in 2013.

Then I will move my business elsewhere.

Its a good time to collect Masterpiece Transformers...

I wish I could but I just can't get into Transformers any more.

Not that I want to deprive anyone of their complete collection, but I have to be honest here: the sheer Schadenfreude that I will experience by the resulting online "rioting in the streets" at the Org if the sub doesn't go through at >90 but <100, will be so gloriously epic, there's a part of me that hopes it will happen.

It's kind of that same drive we get for reading/watching fiction about apocalyptic or dystopian futures.

And of course, we all look forward to TG's damage control Spiel.

Not that I want to deprive anyone of their complete collection, but I have to be honest here: the sheer Schadenfreude that I will experience by the resulting online "rioting in the streets" at the Org if the sub doesn't go through at >90 but <100, will be so gloriously epic, there's a part of me that hopes it will happen.

It's kind of that same drive we get for reading/watching fiction about apocalyptic or dystopian futures.

And of course, we all look forward to TG's damage control Spiel.

I'm hoping for the best but guitar.gif at this anyway. I've read several posts over there in the past couple days about people losing sleep over whether or not the sub will go through. Literally losing sleep soupson.gif.

damn I shoulda posted my thoughts before they put out the news.....I think we all knew it was going thru.....the last push was just to squeeze any remaining holdouts & those subbers who purchase more subs just to help out......I can't wait to cherry pick Saurod....if you don't need him WheelJack I can give him a home...I saw you posted Intergalactic Skeletor on ebay.....I may have to bid on him...I'm ona fence here.....there's so much to purchase these days I'm spoiled & broke...congrats to you subbers.....one more year to deal the w/the madness that is Motuc

damn I shoulda posted my thoughts before they put out the news.....I think we all knew it was going thru.....the last push was just to squeeze any remaining holdouts & those subbers who purchase more subs just to help out......I can't wait to cherry pick Saurod....if you don't need him WheelJack I can give him a home...I saw you posted Intergalactic Skeletor on ebay.....I may have to bid on him...I'm ona fence here.....there's so much to purchase these days I'm spoiled & broke...congrats to you subbers.....one more year to deal the w/the madness that is Motuc

LOL If you do you bid hurry because I got an email from a person in France who wanted to know if I shipped overseas

Looking forward to Oo-Lar!

Oo-lar is a complete waste of a figure...and another lazy figure by a lazy company with an incompetent brand manager.

No one should have even had to pay for this waste of plastic!

I hope to get at least 4 Oo-Lars so I can use the vintage style and Alcala heads for various existing He-Mans in my collection. The remaining Oo-Lar bodies I can use for customs or maybe create a tribe of half naked, muscle bound warriors with no shoes. ;)

Anyone who doesn't want him, let me know and I'll buy him from you.

Well for the first time in two years .I passed on a sub.I will try to get the figures I want on the day of sale and so far there wasn't enough I wanted to get the sub.Plus shelling out money on figures I didn't want could of went to Third Party Transformers that I will start collecting along with some MP's I missed out on.

Yeah, I subbed this year because I liked what was coming. Next there is just no much. I heard that the Ninja guy is not going to be day of sale ala Two-Bad. I am happy the line is ending too. There were some great ones. Though I do wish that some harder to get ones would come back Sorceress, the basic Teela to name a few.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE