Alberto Del Rio has been fired

hamsterboy

Seems to me like the WWE is just trying to cover it's a$$ from other similar lawsuits. I really do think a one year no compete clause is a bit too much. Even when some others have left the company or whatever it usually only been a 90 day no compete clause.

Alberto del Rio conducted himself very professionally in that interview very classy of him, and I agree about the one year clause being a bit much someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the same thing happened with Lesnar years ago and he filed a lawsuit that got settled out of court? I remember reading something like that at some point. For those of you who the subtitles didn't work or don't speak Spanish:

He talks about the incident but doesn't get into specifics of what was said due to legal counsel from his lawyer. He admits that his conduct wasn't professional but that he was very upset and offended about the comment which he found racist. He says they have ownership of the Alberto Del Rio name which they came up with and was the only name he liked of a list of Spanish names they gave him, he seems to not care about the name thing and he is gonna go by "El Patrón" which can be roughly translated as "The Boss" and is something that Ricardo Rodirguez sometimes called him when he introduced him(that last part was me he didn't mentioned Ricardo Rodriguez in the interview from what I heard). It seems he really doesn't mind that much being let go because he was wrestling(pardon the pun) with the decision of whether or not he was gonna resign with the WWE once his contract was up; he says this is something he's not saying now because he was let go it's how he truly felt, but what bothers him is the not working in the US for one year, in his words: "How can he provide for his family?" "How can he pay taxes if he can't work?" that's the reason he's meeting with lawyers he already met with a couple and two of them had said that they'll have to analyze the contract but so far the clause seems unconstitutional.

Some more things were discussed but this is what I found most relevant to what was being discussed here.

What I hate about this whole story is the fact that there have been no facts released other than ADR didn't handle himself in a professional manner concerning another employee. Until it is proven, all this talk about racist comments is just rumors in my book.

ADR has been financially set for a while now. He has said that he was not going to resign with WWE when his contract ran up, and was looking to go back to Mexico as an even bigger star than when he had left. This is part of the reason WWE really hasn't been pushing him, or even putting him into long term storylines as of late. Vince has been looking for a reason to let him go because of this. This was his out. ADR slipped up for whatever reason, and WWE pounced on the chance to lose dead weight.

As for him moving on to TNA, I seriously doubt they could afford him. They are already having issues paying their current talent, and now that they have no TV deal, even less revenue is coming in. I'd be willing to say that within a year, TNA will be bought out, and most of the decent talent will find their way to other promotions, with WWE picking them clean first leaving the scraps for the rest. WWE will also likely buy their video archives so they can put together more extensive DVDs of their guys that have done time in TNA.

Back to ADR. I seriously doubt this was a race issue. That would give ADR grounds for a lawsuit for unlawful termination. Since there hasn't been any rumors of a lawsuit, I'd say there's not too much credibility to the racist allegations.

Yep, indeed it was for racism on Alberto "El Patron".

Check this video interview (This TV channel "Televisa" is like NBC for you that is public) where Alberto tells about the incident that happened for his release.

Use close caption option in youtube to translate into English "I used and it works fine, I also speak Spanish"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ydVPoYRcM

Alberto's contract ends in 1 year inside the US so that means he ca not wrestler for TNA or any other company in the US before that one year contract end.

Alberto is working with lawyers to demand about that situation plus the racism for what he was released from the WWE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ydVPoYRcM

I tried to watch this but the sub-titles didn't make a lot of sense to me....and my second language is French!

Impossible_Man_1978.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

it seems like wwe is always losing their wrestlers or having to deal with some kind of leagle action. if they just took good care of their workers, the wreslers would probably build a sense of loyalty and nagotiations would probably go much smoother. but i'm not in the biz, so i really dont know what goes on.

Well unless your one of the top few guys, it can be a hard and rough life. All the travel and working all the time. No real time off unless your hurt and even then they sometimes want you to show up and do this and that. Now I'm not saying some guys haven't "earned their spot", but when you have a guy that only has to work one day a year or a champion who shows up every couple of months, I can see having issues with the company. When you have jacka$$ backstage people that have nothing happen to them while talent is fined,suspended or terminated, well that really sucks.

As for Alberto, he;s doing fine and I'm sure the WWE wishes they had worked a little more to have kept him there. But that's how these things go.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE