• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#476 Belmont13

Belmont13

Horde Trooper

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:27 AM

So if Disney did away with the expanded universe why is Darth Revan the villain in this new movie?

#477 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

And here's Luke

http://jediinsider.c...=8&itemid=16686

#478 hamsterboy

hamsterboy

Stratos

• Members
  • 13,705 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

^It's been taken down.

#479 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

I'm wondering: Assuming Leia and Han are still together and assuming Leia's a Jedi (as has been implied), does that mean they're throwing out the idea of Jedi can't have romances?

I wouldn't mind that.  I think "no romance" is what made a lot of the prequel Jedi (read:  ALL of the prequel Jedi) come off as stoic, Alec Guinness copies with the same personalities.  I hope Luke and Leia don't morph into that, I want them to have their own personalities.

#480 GPM in ICT

GPM in ICT

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

I thought one of the big (almost confirmed) rumors was that Han and Leia arent together.

#481 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

I thought one of the big (almost confirmed) rumors was that Han and Leia arent together.

Because writing sequel material is so much easier when you just crush everything you spent time building up to start from scratch.  Adding a baby/kids is optional.

#482 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

Ah you're right, I seem to remember that too, now that you point that out.  Of course, this was also rumored to be titled "A New Dawn" and Chewbacca was rumored to have a robo arm....so who knows.

I was reading that Abrams confirmed that the lightsaber we see in the teaser footage is the one that got lost with Luke's hand....someone up and found it.  He also said the reason he did this film was to explore the question of "who is Luke Skywalker" which gives me hope that old Luke will not be another Qui-Gon, Mace, prequel Yoda, et. all type of Jedi.

And ya know, now that I write that thing about Luke's lightsaber, it makes me recall when one of the actors said something to the tune of "everything hinges on lightsabers" in this movie.  Maybe he wasn't referring to an all out lightsaber orgy like we got in AOTC.  Maybe this ONE lightsaber is treated as some sort of important artifact, maybe there's something special about it that we don't know about that's meaningful to the overall story.  Hmmmm....that could be neat....

#483 Devilbat

Devilbat

"Where left lightsaber did I?"

• Members
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

Y'know, something's been bugging me about Kylo Ren, and I think Belmont may have alluded to it in his comment...

From the very beginning, I found this character to be very interesting, from his aggressive mannerisms in the trailers, to his intriguing lightsaber design. I just felt like he was a character I would enjoy watching. However, in some of the pre-production art, after not getting a very good look at his face-mask in the teaser trailers, I suddenly thought, "Is that Darth Revan?!" On one hand, I thought it would be really cool had they used a Sith character from the Expanded Universe, despite the fact that most of it was retconned in the wake of the Disney acquisition of the Star Wars universe. Also, to think it might be an ancient character to boot made the notion wildly entertaining to me. However, there also was a small part of me that was disappointed to think that Abrams and Co. would take the lazy way out and shoehorn an existing character into the new films, when I was interested in seeing an all-new, all-original Sith character. And indeed, the concept art for Kylo Ren seemed to sport the mask, cloak, and red and black colors of Revan. Even in that second teaser trailer, where we get a better look at his mask, it also looked like there were some red highlights, but I couldn't be sure if that was simply a combination of all of the red blasts, fire, and lightsaber reflections paired with my mind's-eye perhaps filling-in the gaps so to speak, making me think I saw the Darth Revan colors since he already looked so much like him to begin with. It's just that there's been this supposition in the back of my mind making me think I could very well be seeing Darth Revan all this time, which in turn perhaps made me a tiny bit indifferent to the character and the hype that might be building behind him...

Inversely, if Kylo Ren turns out to simply be a Sith upstart-wannabe, who's simply strong in the Dark Side that worships Vader as the second teaser trailer might imply, then I might be more interested. I've even warmed-up more to his design after seeing the new six-inch Black Series figure and realizing that there's no red on him anywhere, that he's in all black with some slight silver or chrome highlights, like a true and proper Sith/Vader acolyte. I just wonder if the six-inch figure's mask comes off...

#484 hamsterboy

hamsterboy

Stratos

• Members
  • 13,705 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

From the rumors I'm hearing,"Ren" is a title like "Darth".

#485 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

Ren Stimpson will be the scariest of all

#486 Bespin refugee

Bespin refugee

http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

• Moderators
  • 16,366 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:11 PM

It's in the EW article, and originates from 'the Knights of Ren' ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us