• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#451 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

OK, that's two.  But come on, every post over the last 18 pages is a new gripe.  You have more ammo than this.  Lighsabers, 3PO's red arm, Disney's "greed", Ford's old age, the hiring of young actors, Daniel Craig, camera angles, the 1 min 13 sec mark of the trailer, I want them all listed comprehensively from worst to first  @smilepunch@

PS...As a Star Trek fan, I was not thrilled with certain aspects of Into Darkness, it was definitely flawed.  Have you ever seen Abrams' MI3 or Super 8?  Those are good flicks.  

And let me throw this at you:  Lawrence Kasdan far, far, far, FAR > than Kurzman and Orcci.  Lucas with Kasdan got us the Empire Strikes Back.  Lucas with Rick McCullum got us the prequels.  Kurzman and Orcci are Abrams' Rick McCullum.  Together they get us Star Trek Into Darkenss.  We'll see what Abrams and Kasdan get us.

#452 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:52 PM

Have you ever seen Abrams' MI3 or Super 8?  Those are good flicks. 

TwoMenOnFilm_InLivingColor_HatedIt.gif

I never watched Felicity, Alias, or Lost, but Ive seen enough at the box office of Abrams...not impressed with his filmography.  Im not going to invest time into it, but maybe he's better suited for tv?

Oh, and I haven't seen this yet:

220px-Gone_fishin.jpg

maybe he's better suited for comedy? Wait...no...remembering comedy "bits" from Super 8....

Kasdan?  His last well-remembered film was The Bodyguard...in 1992.  Yeah, he helped make Raiders of the Lost Ark and Empire work, but beyond that...pee-yew.  So im not sure what a mediocre writer/director past his prime plus a mediocre writer/director in his prime gets us yet...but as always, Im going to curb my enthusiam.

#453 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

leialook.jpg

http://epicstream.co...ess-Leia-Leaked

#454 hamsterboy

hamsterboy

Stratos

• Members
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:28 AM

Of course there's the rumor going around that Luke's blind now.

#455 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:07 AM

Of course there's the rumor going around that Luke's blind now.

What?  Haven't heard that one yet.  Does everyone have to be mangled in some way to show the passage of time?

kota2.jpg

#456 Devilbat

Devilbat

"Where left lightsaber did I?"

• Members
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:27 AM

I don't know...I kinda like the "Blind Master" angle. It'd be cool to see Luke stretching-out with his feelings, as Obi-Wan taught him to all those years ago, to fend-off attackers. "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them."

#457 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:16 AM

I don't know...I kinda like the "Blind Master" angle. It'd be cool to see Luke stretching-out with his feelings, as Obi-Wan taught him to all those years ago, to fend-off attackers. "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them."

That would be counter-intuitive for the series at this point....MOAR LIGHTSABERS!

#458 Bespin refugee

Bespin refugee

http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

• Moderators
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:01 PM

Six Months And Counting...

#459 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

MMM mmm...you can almost cut the hype with a knife!

aisle.jpg

18lql0rr6ae04jpg.jpg

#460 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

aisle.jpg

18lql0rr6ae04jpg.jpg

Bwaaahhh Ha HA HA HA! 

BS, featofstrenght!  You know you couldn't wait to get your hands on those Episode I toys, too.  I'll bet that's you in the picture front and center in your Obi Wan robe  @smilepunch@

I will say without shame that I was late for my morning college class because I had to make a quick Target run the morning that stuff was released.  Of course the movie itself was a let down and there's not a single one of those figures that's not readily available today on ebay for a low, low price, but how was I to know.  Heck the only reason I hold onto those figures today is for that little bit of 1999 nostalgia.  

Great picture and good memories!  

133 days til Episode VII ! @duel@@

#461 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, I was there too.  But my mom had to take me...because I was too young to drive. @nana@

Just more caution to the wind.  My broker told me that Commtech chip technologies were the wave of the future.

The "good memories" of Phantom Menace will never die...as long as there are crappy flea market dealers that overprice/overspeculate on everything that has SW on it.  Brace yourselves on another price jump on plastic facial tissue box covers with the podrace scene.

Actually, Im kinda worried and curious about the amount of product we can expect based on the sad condition of SW in the toy isle now, the s****y economy, and the downsizing/price gouging on vehicles.  We'll never see anything like the PM influx again.

#462 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

as long as there are crappy flea market dealers that overprice/overspeculate on everything that has SW on it.  

You mean like the antique store in my town where you can find a loose POTF 2 Darth Vader with no weapons, no cape and a cat-chewed hand with a $12 price tag on it?  

But it's Star Wars.  It must be valuable!!

We'll see plenty of Ep 7 product.  It just remains to be see what kind and how much it will cost.  I have a feeling we'll be seeing $13 price tags on the articulated 3 3/4" stuff.  If I get anything, I may actually go with the 5 poa stuff, provided the sculpts are decent.  Most all of my SW stuff is 5-6 poa anyway.

#463 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

Here's Luke

http://www.flickerin...ce-awakens.html

#464 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

http://makingstarwar...ing-the-falcon/

starwarstheforceawakenshan_large.png

starwarstheforceawakensgeneral_large.png

PORKINS JR?! (ugh...a J.J. regular)

starwarstheforceawakensgrunberg_large.jp

NIEN NUNB?!

starwarstheforceawakensnunb_large.jpg

ACKBAR?!

starwarstheforceawakensackbar_large.jpg

#465 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

Ugh, Gregg Grunberg is in EVERYTHING Abrams does.  It's the way Hollywood works though. Abrams ain't the only director that throws work to close friends.

Old Ackbar?  At least he's showing his age, unlike Chewbacca who doesn't appear to have a grey hair yet...

****EDIT****Never mind my Luke link.  It's a photoshop job.  Darn geeks with too much free time pulled the wool over me on that one!

#466 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

The Jedi Insider Jedi

• Moderators
  • 31,857 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:19 AM

Here is one with Han

http://indierevolver...ing-the-falcon/

#467 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

The Jedi Insider Jedi

• Moderators
  • 31,857 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

aisle.jpg

18lql0rr6ae04jpg.jpg

I went the next day and they still had figures.I had used my birthday money on these

#468 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

The Jedi Insider Jedi

• Moderators
  • 31,857 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

How Star Wars Will Connect Return Of The Jedi To The Force Awakens

http://jediinsider.c...46&itemid=16582

Emperor Palpatine’s twenty-year reign of terror came to an abrupt and fiery end in the skies above the forest moon of Endor. A decisive victory for the Rebel Alliance, to be sure, but even with the loss of its leadership, the Empire’s Moffs and regional governors retained their hold on important systems from the Core to the Outer Rim, thanks to the might of the Imperial Starfleet. Now, with a power vacuum atop the Empire, those Moffs will jockey for position and control, and the heroes of the Rebel Alliance will soon discover  that a wounded and fractious Empire may be more dangerous than any threat they faced before!

#469 Bespin refugee

Bespin refugee

http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

• Moderators
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

Comic-Con 2015 Reel

2015  SDCC The Force Awakens panel highlights

#470 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

The Jedi Insider Jedi

• Moderators
  • 31,857 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

I would of loved to had seen that concert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us