Episode VII Rumormill

Wheeljack35

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65709

Um...Obi wan Kenobi's African American/mixed race grand-daughter...?

...because they were still politically correct a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

The republic/rebels, yes. The Empire was never much of an equal opportunity employer until after the Emperor fell...and, of course, that's all expanded universe stuff that is subject to be wiped from continuity...

Since he was part of the "no love" Jedi order in the early days, Im going to assume Obi got real cozy with someone in exile on Tatooine...maybe that explains how he is so knowledgeable about Sand People...I mean, he REALLY knows Sand People!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the more notable bit of news there was that Gary Oldman had been contacted for Episode VII.

He's a good actor. I bet featofstrength finds a negative spin for this. @luke@

Nope, Gary Oldman is always a positive, even if the rest of the film is meh. I don't know if ive ever seen a film he was in where he half-assed it, or phoned it in, was predictable, or cliché. He is one of the best actors out there. I wonder if he'll be one of the good guys? used to be he'd be pegged as a villain, but ever since Batman...who knows. He can do both convincingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glm8pSEmqDs

Movie's still gonna be either suck or mediocre with or without him. I wont fault him if he does it for the money, or that he's just one of those actor's that never turns down a job...love that English actor work ethic.

There...now you guys can address the Zac Effron rumors that you ignored before this one.

I wont fault him if he does it for the money, or that he's just one of those actor's that never turns down a job...

...or if he genuinely likes the script #US1# Yeah, Oldman's good stuff.

I can't comment on Effron. I don't know anything about him. I know he was in High School Musical years and years ago only because at the time some 6th graders I was teaching were all about him. That show is old news now, kids have moved on, and the guy's an adult. I have no idea what kind of actor he is.

That show is old news now, kids have moved on, and the guy's an adult. I have no idea what kind of actor he is.

zac-efron-that-awkward-moment-poster-premiere-exclusive-1.jpg

C'mon...give us the full review...

oh, hey! Isnt that the Human Torch?

I had a feeling your reply would include a picture of Effron in a movie you don't like. He's obviously not cut out to do Star Wars @stormtrooper@ :rolleyes: @stormtrooper@

Don't worry feat, I'm not against you in ALL things. So far I think your apprehension for New Fantastic Four is well founded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a glimpse at a look at what the episode 7 crawl will look like

The best part about this was the fanboy on a hair trigger who was so quick to comment, "THIS IS A FAKE!" as if we couldn't tell. I guess he didn't want to take the chance that anyone would believe that pirates are actually a part of Ep 7 and potentially ruin Star Wars' good name :rolleyes:

(Would pirates have been preferable to medaclorns?)

Just a glimpse at a look at what the episode 7 crawl will look like

Sounds a bit like Episode 1 to me, 'shipping lanes'? 'blockade'? I'd also expect to see the Disney logo before Lucasfilm. ;) (Man, that's going to be strange to not have the Fox Fanfare.)

Tatooine Being Recreated For The Star Wars Sequel(s)?

"Morrocco-like"?

Is there something happening in Tunisia keeping them from using the original sets? I thought Lucas bought property there at one point?