Episode VII Rumormill

Wheeljack35

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A NEW ____"...pretty lame no matter what you put in the blank considering they aren't going to try very hard when they see fans like, "DERP, IT SOUND LIKE DA FIRT STER WARZ MOVIE ME LIKE...TAKE ME MUNNY!" Of course, Id say at least 70% of SW fans actually do fall into that projection so...aim low for high profits!

A New Dawn? if its not a new dawn for the enemies, or new evil has already been fairly active the gap since we last saw our heroes thus (LIKE POETRY) a new hope...er...dawn arrives on the scene to challenge, this title does not suggest that there is any conflict or necessity in starting the story from this specific place in time

Its all speculation at this point, but go ahead an check the odds on "We've already seen this" for the win...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3DQJKcFik8

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/j-j-abrams-wants-star-135200537.html

Articles like this put my mind at ease a bit. Even if you're skeptical of Abrams, he's saying the right things, at least. You can tell he's a fan and wants to do right by it. And notice how you NEVER hear him mention the newer movies. It's just a subject he seems to choose to ignore. Probably exactly what I would do if I was him. I'd be surprised if we see a lot of prequel influence in the new movies at all and that's reassuring.

I want to see more scale models, strings & muppets.....less digital intrusions......broken record I know....but Jon Chu said he was a super fan & his movie made me want to apologize too all those who spent money to GI Joe reetardation.....if I offended anyone I'm sorry its my word & I'm allowed to use it.....:P

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/j-j-abrams-wants-star-135200537.html

Articles like this put my mind at ease a bit. Even if you're skeptical of Abrams, he's saying the right things, at least. You can tell he's a fan and wants to do right by it. And notice how you NEVER hear him mention the newer movies. It's just a subject he seems to choose to ignore. Probably exactly what I would do if I was him. I'd be surprised if we see a lot of prequel influence in the new movies at all and that's reassuring.

A fan in control is probably not the way to go. And a fan in control most assuredly will have a lot of prequel influence in taking the one thing the droolers liked most about them: lightsabres x1000 and meaningless villains like Darth Maul

Also, with so much working towards making this like the original, we're most likely gonna get the same old stuff repackaged(Star Trek Into Darkness?), or a love letter that takes us nowhere new and relies on nostalgia only for box office (Super 8?)

lucasfilm-shows-off-the-future-of-filmmaking-scenes-get-rendered-out-in-real-time-removing-the-need-for-post-production -

http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/11118/lucasfilm-shows-off-the-future-of-filmmaking-scenes-get-rendered-out-in-real-time-removing-the-need-for-post-production

this was from Yakface.com...not sure about the source, if its video game related, or for movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to the article, the 30th is "exactly one year from the date that Disney officially announced the acquisition of Lucasfilm."

Edit: there's also this (10/23) "We also noticed that Disney has their fiscal full year earnings results webcast scheduled for a little over a week later on November 7, 2013. By making a big announcement on October 30, it would certainly give the executives something really exciting to talk about other than how much money Disney lost on The Lone Ranger. In fact, we daresay that if there’s exciting Star Wars news to talk about, no one is going to care about what happened with The Lone Ranger."

I saw the potential teaser/announcement discussed via Twitter over the last week or so; I didn't know about the anniversary, but I thought it was interesting they've uploaded the teaser trailers (ESB only uses McQuarrie art and cast photos), and just for the OT at that.

Edit: (10/29) I saw where the ROTS teaser poster was released on this date in 2005, so, there is precedent...

• 3 weeks later...

Feeling the Alliance closing in, The Emperor resorts to "Plan B" and fakes his death in front of Luke. Vader (Anakin) who never leaves The Dark Side is also in on this and does not die at the end of ROTJ. Luke, who believes he has saved his father, only burns Vaders uniform as symbolism, but Vader now has infiltrated the Alliance as Lukes father, which all believe has good intentions, but really is still Darth Vader and the battle continues...

Feeling the Alliance closing in, The Emperor resorts to "Plan B" and fakes his death in front of Luke. Vader (Anakin) who never leaves The Dark Side is also in on this and does not die at the end of ROTJ. Luke, who believes he has saved his father, only burns Vaders uniform as symbolism, but Vader now has infiltrated the Alliance as Lukes father, which all believe has good intentions, but really is still Darth Vader and the battle continues...

And the ghost of Anakin we see at the end of ROTJ is explained away....how?

Sorry, not feelin' that scenario. That's the thing about trying to carry on with a story that already has a definite, clear cut ending, like the OT has. Trying to say, "Oh, you only THOUGHT that was the end....but it's NOT!" cheapens it.

The fact is the OT DID end. The only way to preserve the integrity of a good character like Darth Vader is going to be to keep him dead.

And the ghost of Anakin we see at the end of ROTJ is explained away....how?

Sorry, not feelin' that scenario. That's the thing about trying to carry on with a story that already has a definite, clear cut ending, like the OT has. Trying to say, "Oh, you only THOUGHT that was the end....but it's NOT!" cheapens it.

The fact is the OT DID end. The only way to preserve the integrity of a good character like Darth Vader is going to be to keep him dead.

I will only beleive the Palpatine "uploaded" himself to one of his clones and Anikin is most dead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...