Episode VII Rumormill

Wheeljack35

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no thanks...its bad enough to lean so much on the older heroes of the classic trilogy to make new star wars acceptable. try harder, folks...even falling flat on your face trying to be original counts for something

Their seemingly over reliance on the original trilogy is becoming obnoxious and the whole explanation is kind of stupid and doesn't seem to fit to what was previously established(although that's nothing new) if it is true.

Well the way it was explained in the Revenge of the Sith novelization, it had to with these feelings like selflessness in order to attain it things that wouldn't work with the Sith because they are all about the exact opposite. It was kind of ironic that one of the things the Sith crave the most was gonna be out of their reach due to the dark side of the force. I find it the clone option more plausible but still like Dark Empire before it diminishes Darth Vader's sacrifice to save his son, fulfilling his destiny of bringing balance to the force by doing away with the Sith. Then again I don't expect much from these movies in terms of continuity in fact I should deposit: breaking continuity for the sake of making the movie "cooler" or more "stylish" in the Feat of Strength's episode 7's time capsule.

If it was true, I could see him 'returning' as a Sith hologram that somebody finds, but, as far a Sith spirit (would they have a red aura?) or clone, that would diminish ROTJ's ending, imo. Balance of the Force? He's baaack! How would you get rid of a Sith spirit, anyway? Ghostbusters crossover? :P

I could see him 'returning' as a Sith hologram that somebody finds, but, as far a Sith spirit (would they have a red aura?) or clone, that would diminish ROTJ's ending, imo. Balance of the Force? He's baaack! How would you get rid of a Sith spirit, anyway? Ghostbusters crossover? :P

The same way you'd get rid of Obi-Wan or Yoda or Anakin,I would imagine.

Not digging any of these rumors so far. I don't want to sit through a convoluted explanation of how Emperor survived the pit or why Obi Wan's ghost is younger than he was when he died :rolleyes:

Did you actually read the rumor though? It's not saying the Emperor would have survived.. it's speculating that maybe a clone... or as their source leaks, maybe in a force ghost type of form.

Well luke always saw the ghosts of fallen jedis. Since luke is back, obi wan can still be his guide. Makeup can do a lot now and gregor could look like the old ben. If sidious returns there must be someone else. These ghosts or sprits seem to appear when they were in contact with the ones in the living world. So a bad guy may return. Someone like darth maul or perhaps one who was in the back and we dont know about.

I was thinking perhaps they could do what they did in Man of Steel, where they digitally superimposed Christopher Reeves' face over Henry Cavill's in the scene where he was trying to destroy the world machine (?). I think it was meant to be a slight nod, as if Cavill's face was distorted by the Kryptonian energy...maybe they could do that with Ewan McGreggor; they could superimpose Sir Alec Guiness' face slightly over his, just enough to make him resemble his older self. In an Episode III DVD documentary they even discuss how symmetrically similar McGreggor's face is with Guiness'.

I love all of this talk of incorporating Palpatine and Obi-Wan into the sequels. I guess I'm just a sentimental person...

You guys make it sound so bad..Hell go see what Micheal Bay is doing to Transformers and you will see this is hardly anything

I bet people said the same thing about Phantom Menace 15 years ago and well look at things now.

You guys make it sound so bad..Hell go see what Micheal Bay is doing to Transformers and you will see this is hardly anything

I bet people said the same thing about Phantom Menace 15 years ago and well look at things now.

I remember when George had Nsynch in the Jedi battle on Geonosis..People flipped..

Palps may be a hologram as far as we know it.But to me it will be interesting seeing Ewan McGregor interact with Mark Hamill.

• 2 weeks later...