Would you care if the line dies. Why or why not?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stated more then once that i dont care for him or anybody else on motuc. I dont even care for the 4H for that matter. I did not got more subs because toyguru asked for it. I dont even cared when the actors wanted us to sub. It was fun though and i loved that attention to this line. I just buy what i need and i want. If you hate him so much why are you even buying some figures out of it? If i would hate someone as much as you do toyguru than man i wouldnt support anything he touches or works on. Nothing to do with rationalizing either. You have the option. you must have been in a situation where things dont turn out as you hoped they do even though you told otherwise. I just look at a man and the reaction he gets. Some are acceptable but most is way over it. Most dont even have a real reason to hate him. Maybe i am protective over it, sure because i dont see the real reason for so much hate to a guy who tries to do his best. We wouldnt be any different in his situation and thats what i look at. I know we all think we would but the truth is different.

Bro, I understand. You and I don't have the same opinion of the man... and that's cool. But i will stand by what I believe... and I believe he's a charlatan. If you believe he's sincere and works real hard for this line then so be it.

I collect the figures because I love MOTU... not because I want to support Mattel or that nucklehead... I'm surprised you would put those two things together. In a perfect world Mattel would make these figures and plenty of them, sell them to us and call it a day... No brand manager putting himself out there any chance he can, just straight up online sales with no bullsh*t.

You don't care for the 4H? ... Ummm really? ;)

Still complaints about the 30th sub? Wasnt that 2years ago? We all knew what to expect when new characters come along. Happens in the comic world every day. To me photog was a lame choice. Draego, grayskull man are a awesome and spector, laser lot are ok to me. Cy-chop was horrible. Now we get well known characters and i cant wait. As for ecto-1, i really want one too and once again dont care for the videos. he has to promote it somehow so why not with videos or interviews? In the end all i want is the product. we will be able to cancel anyway but i want one and would love to make it happen.

So you criticize us for "complaining" about the 30th Anniversary line, but then you "complain" about Photog and Cy-Chop? @smilepunch@

An opinion on something doesn't have to be positive for it to be valid. And an opinion on something can be negative without it being considered a complaint.

Got me There. Sure everybody has their own opinion but going back to the 30th everytime something isnt as pleased is lame. Just as pointing to the star sisters and ffm. A lot seem to love these anyway and the whole bashing on these figures just comes because the line doesnt do as it should and still good characters missing. No offense to anyone i just try to understand :-)

It's all good, man. :) I didn't take any offense at all. I just don't like when people imply you can't give valid criticism of something without being a whiner or complainer or "hater" as the kids would say.

Bashing figures where bashing is due: If the figure was made for the sheer purpose of a "Mary Sue" or "giving props to buddies", and the figure happens to be lame... then it deserves to be bashed. If it has serious QC issues, it deserves to be critiqued.

Nepthu is a legitimate figure but the face is 100% wrong... the added bashing bonus goes to the fact that Toyguru specifically wanted this figure for his own collection, to hell with what the fans want. And he pretty much admitted that.

Is this whining? Sounds more like an objective opinion from a MOTUC fan to me.

Still complaints about the 30th sub? Wasnt that 2years ago? We all knew what to expect when new characters come along. Happens in the comic world every day. To me photog was a lame choice. Draego, grayskull man are a awesome and spector, laser lot are ok to me. Cy-chop was horrible. Now we get well known characters and i cant wait. As for ecto-1, i really want one too and once again dont care for the videos. he has to promote it somehow so why not with videos or interviews? In the end all i want is the product. we will be able to cancel anyway but i want one and would love to make it happen.

So you criticize us for "complaining" about the 30th Anniversary line, but then you "complain" about Photog and Cy-Chop? @smilepunch@

An opinion on something doesn't have to be positive for it to be valid. And an opinion on something can be negative without it being considered a complaint.

On the 30th ann. Line I voted with my wallet. NO SALE.

Nepthu is a legitimate figure but the face is 100% wrong... the added bashing bonus goes to the fact that Toyguru specifically wanted this figure for his own collection, to hell with what the fans want. And he pretty much admitted that.

Don't forget Plundor too. Toyguru was very vocal when it came to wanting this particular character as well. He made certain that neither

character were left to a vote, meanwhile fans were relegated to an either-or poll regarding Huntara and Lord Masque :rolleyes:

Don't forget Plundor too. Toyguru was very vocal when it came to wanting this particular character as well. He made certain that neither

character were left to a vote, meanwhile fans were relegated to an either-or poll regarding Huntara and Lord Masque :rolleyes:

That could be true but I also got the main figure I wanted in Strong-Arm.

That could be true but I also got the main figure I wanted in Strong-Arm.

True, I have no real complaints considering that my Filmation trinity, Strong Arm, Icer and Batros are already Classic figures.

I also fall in the "I want Plundor" camp. He is the quint-essential Filmation figure IMO. I'm glad we are getting him. Nepthu is lackluster and a curious choice for a figure slot. The same could be said about Negator (another one of my wish list characters).

I actually preferred Nepthu to Negator, although both would fall under my top 20 filmation wants. I was indifferent towards Plundor

prior to his unveiling, which of course changed. Still, its not by accident that these two were not put to a vote though as both are

characters favored by Neitlich including the inclusion of FFM.

What's a head-scratcher is that it took an exclusive Filmation-line to finally get a Seahawk. I never watched the She-Ra cartoon as a child, but once it hit Netflix, I streamed it a dozen or so episodes, and Seahawk immediately sprang to mind as a perfect Classics toy.

To add insult to injury, the Star Sisters, Frosta, and Netossa all preceded Seahawk, and all were regular sub releases.

At least we got Bow pretty early on, I guess.

As far as TG picks go, it seems that earlier on in the line, there was a larger focus on making figures that never made it past prototype or concept drawings. Picks were designed to complete an existing collection even with modern tooling. A lot of us were left wondering why guys like Gygor and FFM were getting love before more obvious choices like Two-Bad and Horde Troopers.

Hell, I wonder why there have been two additional Hordak toys and still no Filmation Hordak.

But couple esoteric choices with a "long-game" scheduling approach, and it's no wonder that people are hesitant to go all-in with a sub.

I've subbed every year since its inception, and even I cringe at months where I'm paying ~$40 for a figure in which I have no interest. I usually come out ahead at the end of the year with likes vs. dislikes, but damn if I haven't amassed a collection of particularly well sculpted wastes of money.

EDIT: Sub numbers have gone from 39% to 48% today.

As far as TG picks go, it seems that earlier on in the line, there was a larger focus on making figures that never made it past prototype or concept drawings. Picks were designed to complete an existing collection even with modern tooling. A lot of us were left wondering why guys like Gygor and FFM were getting love before more obvious choices like Two-Bad and Horde Troopers.

There indeed was a larger focus on prototype/concept drawing early on, oddly enough the most demanded and obvious prototype characters that is

Eldor and Darius have yet to surface. Eldor's long absence in particular is perplexing since his protege He-Ro was the first SDCC exclusive of the

official line nearly 6 years ago. However I never really worried about potential hot sellers such as Two-Bad and Horde Troopers.

Hell, I wonder why there have been two additional Hordak toys and still no Filmation Hordak.

I've subbed every year since its inception, and even I cringe at months where I'm paying ~$40 for a figure in which I have no interest. I usually come out ahead at the end of the year with likes vs. dislikes, but damn if I haven't amassed a collection of particularly well sculpted wastes of money.

A few have wondered the opposite regarding Randor as there is still no MYP Captain Randor as complements to Keldor and Marzo.

I do wish they would have placed a bit more forethought in their character selection and been more concise since much

of it has been filler. Now they're scrambling to complete the line and release the remainder of the highly requested characters.

From what I hear, the thermometer graphic is likely about a week old because of the file name having 8_1 in it, suggesting August 1st. Orgers are up in arms about it. LOL!

Like it matters anyway, since the entire thermometer is bogus anyway, IMO.

From what I hear, the thermometer graphic is likely about a week old because of the file name having 8_1 in it, suggesting August 1st. Orgers are up in arms about it. LOL!

So to be clear: You believe the Four Horsemen are liars like Neitleich, correct?

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/

Because if you read the August 6 entry on that blog, you can't have it both ways. Either they're both lying about the thermometer, or neither of them are.

I don't want to call anyone a liar (cause we all know corporations don't lie to their customers or to the public or congress) either but IMO I don't think it matters how many subs they get they're still gonna produce a certain amount anyway, because after all this time people (including myself) are still buying MOTUC up(granted w/the Star Wars Black 6" series they may have some competition) but they could've ran the GIJOE 25th ann. route, w/that joe line they produced a good amount of product but then they were done as with the 30 ann.......I know He-man may have been on the back burner(not quite an household name like TF's or Joes) but I dare you to find the 1st waves of the Superman Vs Heman set for cheap?(the later waves are still out there but they were 2nd stringers, like they could've done a Batman/Manatarms set anewayys....w/this line my understanding was that they were doing this for He-mans Anniversary? so what would it have hurt to just produce a limited amount of figs (i.e. the main roster all stars?) and then be done w/it? If it was really just for the fans I feel they could've done just that but I'm not a industry insider, but $$ talks, so maybe the bean counters forced the well intentioned Scott (I'm sure he can't badmouth his employers as well) & others? to comply with their business plan for MOTUC? I do love the line but I also feel bad for all the sub holders that had to pay for the Star sisters and others they didn't want. I know I can't afford the whole line & I "Cherrypick" but I don't like the idea of buying figures (at $40 & up)I don't need. Ex. you guys remember all the Marvel Legends Pegwarmers out Emma Frost, Banshee ect ect? well I know the Marvel Legends Line isn't in the best shape (ie I can't find any waves but the Klaw & Iron Man baf) but its still going despite its misses.......so why can't Mattel who rakes in the dough from Barbie, Monster High & Hotwheels do us favor like Hasblow did? It just doesn't add up.......anewayyys I just had to vent too thanx guys, despite all of us not seeing eye to eye its nice to have edgy open discussion that keeps our passions for little plastic men and robots burning......

So to be clear: You believe the Four Horsemen are liars like Neitleich, correct?

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/

Because if you read the August 6 entry on that blog, you can't have it both ways. Either they're both lying about the thermometer, or neither of them are.

No simpleton, I don't recall mentioning the 4H in the post that you quoted. But since you brought it up. I think anyone with a business that has something to lose will say anything. In the 4H's case... I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that Neitlich is feeding them with the same lies he feeds us, and the 4H are just sending it our way... the strategy is, if we hear it from the horseman's mouth... it must be true.

There indeed was a larger focus on prototype/concept drawing early on, oddly enough the most demanded and obvious prototype characters that is

Eldor and Darius have yet to surface. Eldor's long absence in particular is perplexing since his protege He-Ro was the first SDCC exclusive of the

official line nearly 6 years ago. However I never really worried about potential hot sellers such as Two-Bad and Horde Troopers.

Early on they did fine with it. I'd say He-Ro and Green Goddess were both extremely popular and huge wants for fans (just examples there). But Eldor was up there, too, and yet he's been ignored for some reason even while they still flesh out the important characters for the "future" Eternia/He-Man mythos.

What stinks about Darius is Mattel has made so much junk with their concept/prototype/flat-out unknowns the last year and a half or so that they probably can't or don't want to risk another, even though it's one fans have always wanted. So we'll probably be able to say, "Hey, I have Vykron in my MOTUC collection," when it's all said and done but not, "Hey! I have Darius in my MOTUC collection!!"

What stinks about Darius is Mattel has made so much junk with their concept/prototype/flat-out unknowns the last year and a half or so that they probably can't or don't want to risk another, even though it's one fans have always wanted. So we'll probably be able to say, "Hey, I have Vykron in my MOTUC collection," when it's all said and done but not, "Hey! I have Darius in my MOTUC collection!!"

Your words may be the honest truth , unfortunately, even though I try to remain somewhat optimistic that both will be realized as actual figures.

Another example of the frustration that this line entails and how far removed they were from the fanbase.

It will be a sin and a half if Eldor doesn't get made. I'd be SO down for an Eldor/Gray 2 pack

That it would, especially when they've had numerous opportunities to do this via SDCC and Club Eternia.

It will be a sin and a half if Eldor doesn't get made. I'd be SO down for an Eldor/Gray 2 pack

LOL @ sin and a half

I absolutely agree. I want Eldor more than I want Ninjor, Blast Attak, Modulok, and a few of the other unmade vintage figs. I've been all about this character for years. When they found his cardback a few years ago it just escalated for me.

I don't chime in on the Matty fiasco on the forums that often but Scott/ToyGuru is blowing my mind with these 'sub or die' videos I see popping up what seems monthly.

Here's my mind-blowing observation: Instead of looking at different ways to market/revise/condense/re-brand/or reprice the lines their solution is to just let them die unless we buy subscriptions. Would you buy a car from a car company who told you that the only tires that fit the car had to be imported from France and that you had to buy ten sets at a time?

This is what I'm seeing from Matty, more specifically hearing from Scott. How long would Matty last if they pulled that crap with Walmart? "Buy our blind-assortment of figures caseloads of a time or we'll stop making figures for you to sell." Walmart would flush Mattel's contract down the toilet and put up another rack of GI Joes without missing a coffee break.

I'm sorry Mattel but it's not up to us to fix your line. Toy lines come and go, heck companies come and go all the time. Remember Palisades? Lionel? Trendmasters? ToyBiz? Mattel can have their name added to that list no matter how big they are. And if the current thought of 'let the consumers fix it' continues it may well be.

The bottom line is Mattel works for us not the other way around. It's up to them to produce figures that we want to spend out money on and figure out the most affordable, consumer-friendly way of doing so.

How long would Matty last if they pulled that crap with Walmart? "Buy our blind-assortment of figures caseloads of a time or we'll stop making figures for you to sell." Walmart would flush Mattel's contract down the toilet and put up another rack of GI Joes without missing a coffee break.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE