And it starts, GI Joe goes clearance

Draven79

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Target does not have different sets for different stores. Either all stores carry Joes or none do. Joes are not on the new set. EVery single Target I have been in has them on clearance. SOme lagged behind a week a two though.

Draven

Target absolutely does have different sets for different stores. More specifically a Super Target has a different set than a standard Target, and there are differences between basic "Targets" and "Target Greatland" stores (though most of the Greatland stores have been converted to Super Targets).

None of the "Target Greatland" stores in my area have single figures on sale as of yesterday.

But hey, whatever. DETH OF TEH LINE! Everybody panic! Nevermore shall G.I. Joe be on toy shelves ever again!

Not toy sets. I have never seen a single target with a different toy set in 10 plus years. None around me do. Whether its a super or regular. I have both right near me and both have it all on clearance.

Joe that looks really good! And I also hope some BBTS packs too!

Draven

Stores put stuff on clearance at store level and their markdowns go on at a mangers discretion. So just because one store has them on clearance, doesn't mean all stores have them on clearance. Just because one store is at 75% off.. doesn't mean all stores will be. I have about 20 Target stores around me in a 30 min radius... probably a lot more. Most are now just called TARGET as they dropped the Super or the Greatland. There still are a few Super Targets around here, but I honestly think all the "greatland" stores in my area have changed to just Target.

With that said, there are different Toy aisle sets that I've seen D, but they are still relatively the same. There are some that have the Lego/bloks on one side of the "action figures", some that have a lego only aisle and the mega/kreos share the aisle with the Ninja turtles and Monsters Inc/Toy story kind of stuff. There are some that have the Spiderman stuff up front in the Boys action figure aisle and some that have it in back and have the Superman stuff up front, there are some that have the WWE stuff in the back and some that have it up front by the Transformers.. There are some that have nerf on the one side of the action figures and some that have them a couple aisles down from them with the outdoor/water/pool stuff... Those are just a few of the examples I can think of off the top of my head.

So, yeah, there are different sets, but that has nothing to do with clearance. I saw a board game on clearance and I was like.. SWEET.. and hit 4 other targets and they were all full price. One store I went to had their WWE Elites on clearance.. I was like.. HUH?!!? and all the other ones I went to had them reg price.. so again, it's store level on a bunch of stuff and sometimes a manager sees 5 end caps full of clearance and tells them to mark them down to get rid of them... Then again, I've seen some stores sit on stuff at 15% and 30% for a whole month and a half.. just depends on the store and the manager.

I can definitely say that I have seen different Target stores have different clearance sales.

Like I mentioned before, most of the stores here marked the vehicles down to 13.98, but I found one that had them at 9.98 already.

Also, none of my stores put the singles on clearance at the same time that other items went on clearance. But weeks later, one finally put them on clearance, while one down the street still hasn't.

and I have heard other folks finding the 3-packs on clearance, but none of my stores have marked them down

Oh I know they have sets like that Joe. I am talking about product. They may not have stuff placed the same but big box toys are either carried in all stores or not at all. This comes from someone I know that runs a Target. He has told me that and I have never seen proof other wise in AL, GA, FL, NC etc etc

Draven