Star Wars "Rebels" Animated Series

Bespin refugee

If one of the characters was a young Porkins, I'd watch.

@xwing@

Is there ever going to be a larger female protagonist in Star Wars? These toons take "rail thin" to new levels.

Porkins, Jabba, Jabba dancer, Rancor Keeper...that's all for the plus crowd, right? Villains, wingmen, and jokes.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It will only be a matter of time before someone in the 501st starts molding armor off these troopers too..

Interested to see the Stormtroopers.

Via https://www.facebook.com/grandzillocreations ;)

And they are going to pull kits from it... I might have to invest in one once the kinks are ironed out.

• 3 weeks later...

I wondered how/if these characters would be dealt with prior to the movie timeframe . Before Rebels was announced, I was expecting an animated series in the ROTJ/E7 gap, dealing with Ahsoka, and any other 'stragglers'/survivors coming out of the woodwork to rebuild the Jedi order, and lead into Episode 7. I'd expect the Inquisior to be dealt with, somehow, as Vader takes his role in the OT.

Kind of funny, if Morton voices (potential spoiler) 'that character' again

Edit: After reading the original article, I don't see where a lot of their info comes from. While it references him playing Dak and Boba Fett in ESB (He did not speak the line, "He's no good to me dead", that was Jason Wingreen, later dubbed by Temuera Morrison) I didn't see where he plays 'that character' on Rebels; not to mention, their casting Rebels characters in E7 w/ 30 something year old actors?! I also wonder why he, as a voice actor, would have that much insight into both SWR and SWVII, and be able to talk so freely about it? @hmmm@

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New Rumors - "Nice to see a familiar face."

Star Wars: Rebels @ SDCC 2014

The Empire. The Rebellion. The Beginning.

Star Wars: Rebels, Lucasfilm’'s highly anticipated animated series detailing the start of the fight against the evil Empire, is coming this fall — but fans can get a big sneak peek at San Diego Comic-Con.

Lucasfilm'’s special panel, The Heroes of Star Wars: Rebels, will feature executive producer Dave Filoni, as well as the first panel appearance by executive producer Simon Kinberg and stars Freddie Prinze, Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Tiya Sircar, and Taylor Gray. They’ll discuss making the show and will reveal exclusive content from the upcoming series for fans in attendance.

Star Wars: Rebels continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. The clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost is amongst a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.

Scheduled to premiere in the fall as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

reb_ia_2790.jpg?w=600&h=337

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=243&itemid=15584

"Unlike some of the more outlandish “Star Wars” looks, Kallus’ mutton chops are easy to grow for potential cosplay opportunities.

I’m hoping to see some people sporting that look at Comic-Con next year,” Filoni adds."

Because making sure that there are a wide variety of options for cosplayers should be a big concern in creating characters.

Also, would chops like those really meet Imperial regulations in the old SW galaxy? Some sideburns and mustaches, sure. But I dont see the Emperor being down with this.

They werent really down with aliens, women, or self expression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_5lXIT5AY

Awesome...it has that classic Star Wars look and feel. And I was concerned that Freddie Prinze, Jr. would come across as the perpetual twenty-something he always seemed to be, but his voice sounds a lot more mature, deeper, and more defined than I was expecting. I also feel like the character of Ezra will serve as that audience POV character that everything is filtered through, like Luke originally was, that the viewers can relate to, especially the kids. I think this is gonna be great. I could do without the typical, overused "spunky female" attitude the lady characters seem to sport though...