Straight from the horsemans mouth.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I'm curious. How many of you that have been complaining so much about it being a little smaller than the blue prints have actually canceled your Grayskull orders?

I didn't buy the castele because I felt it wouldn't be big enough and too expensive. The reveal just confirms that I made the correct choice. If the castle was actually in scale with the figures... or at least the he man could stand inside the door way w/ ample space.. I probably would have bought the item. So Mattel lost a sale from me over the scale for sure!

I don't think it's bad the way it is, but it is unfortunate that the foam mockup Neitlich showed seems significantly larger.

As I've said sculpt details are superb but just like Eric said foam mockup shown on youtube was taller than the proto shown at NYTF, I pre-ordered based on the size of that mockup and NOT hoping nor expecting for a true 6" scale castle I don't think collectors are dumb to expect that (apologies to anyone who did expect a true 6" scale castle) , if by SDCC nothing has changed since NYTF then yeah I'll cancel wtih no ill feelings towards mattel (no harm no foul on my wallet) and still appreciate that they pursue this collectible piece.

But just in case if some of you have forgotten how that mock up looks like, maybe you'll understand why some of us have said an inch or 2 taller was enough for some (i specifically said half an inch per level on another thread)...

The only thing that I really want out of CG scale-wise is for figures (like He-Man) to be able to stand in the door-way without looking like they'd have to duck to get inside. The rest of the "playset" foo-foo nonsense be damned. I want a "displayset" that makes He-Man look awesome by being able to stand in the doorway properly.

That's my make-or-break benchmark, and I intend to hold to it.

Nope its just for questions not suggestions. In the end they will come with the same things toyguru says all the time. They just have to ditch that wind raider display and they would have won an inch on the ground floor. As for the door. Just cut the rocks under the door. Sculpt a larger door and i guess that you win an inch or two with that. Then it would be perfect for me.

As I said before, I'm really not interested in any of the playset attributes. However, I do find it interesting that there's such a resounding backlash against the Wind Raider stand.

Admittedly, it doesn't make a lick of sense to me why a Wind Raider would even be inside CG to begin with, but it's still funny that there's such a unanimous sentiment against it.

I thought it was originally supposed to peg into the top of CG. Am I wrong or misremembering that piece? And if that stand is what's causing the base to be so elevated (and causing He-Man to bump his head on the entrance), I think resentment will grow all the worse. I know I'll certainly be a sad panda if that's the case.

As for why CG got downscaled, I have a feeling that it has a lot to do with the cost of shipping it. I think Matty might have miscalculated just how expensive it was going to be, and CG got resized to stop it from becoming a fiscal disaster. Might also explain why Matty is trying to recoup some $ with higher prices on recent pre-orders.

I mean, by all accounts under nominal conditions, CG should get *cheaper* with more orders, not more expensive.

Mattel took a real chance on this one.

LOL! If I recall, Mattel took pre-orders, sight unseen for a castle that wasn't even sculpted yet... Yeah, they really went out on a limb with this. lol.

The only reason they are allowing us to cancel is because they're not giving us what was advertised, kinda like the Hoverboard.

If they had no intention of making it there would be no risk but surprise, surprise they are making it. You really don't see how it is a risk to make a highly detailed play set in this economy with no television show to tie in and with no money upfront? You do understand that getting the materials together and actually taking something from an idea to reality costs money right? It would have been less of a risk for them to take the money upfront as in the case of the Miracle Productions Vehicle Voltron but they did not. I'm still waiting on that thing :(

I just won a complete 200X castle on eBay for $30. The SDCC reveal better be good for the liars at Matty to get my money now.

That's a nice deal!

Thanks! That's $30 shipeed as well, and includes a complete 200X Prince Adam. I sold my othe 200X CG after I placed my preorder. Glad to have one again.

Nope its just for questions not suggestions.

Yes, but why? Why would they have everyone ask 3 top questions directed at Mattel design, for shitz and giggles? I would assume it's to get a general consensus of what everyone's gripes are. General questions could be asked at anytime on the Matty Q&A boards. But I find it hard to believe they would care unless they thought sales of the castle were in jeopardy. I wonder if there have been a plethora of order cancellations since the reveal. I'm sure Mattel and Neitlich are WELL AWARE of the complaints... and I don't think it's from a small minority, I think a huge amount of fans are distressed about the size. They originally thought the sculpt alone would sell this castle, but it sounds to me like fans are thinking twice when it comes to size, price, useless accessories, trust, etc. It's quite possible Mattel dropped the ball yet again and they realize they will have to do something about it... giving away a free figure isn't going to help this time.

Oh and... Who the hells idea was it to have the wind raider parked inside the castle?... that's what I want to know. LOL!

canceled mine the second i found out I could :) also I am sure the 4hm are under contract by matel & can't really say anything at all negative about them or the product they put out or perhaps even say anything at all with out it first going through matel So asking them anything & expecting to get an honest answer out of them is a bit silly ...

Nope its just for questions not suggestions.

Yes, but why? Why would they have everyone ask 3 top questions directed at Mattel design, for shitz and giggles? I would assume it's to get a general consensus of what everyone's gripes are. General questions could be asked at anytime on the Matty Q&A boards. But I find it hard to believe they would care unless they thought sales of the castle were in jeopardy. I wonder if there have been a plethora of order cancellations since the reveal. I'm sure Mattel and Neitlich are WELL AWARE of the complaints... and I don't think it's from a small minority, I think a huge amount of fans are distressed about the size. They originally thought the sculpt alone would sell this castle, but it sounds to me like fans are thinking twice when it comes to size, price, useless accessories, trust, etc. It's quite possible Mattel dropped the ball yet again and they realize they will have to do something about it... giving away a free figure isn't going to help this time.

Oh and... Who the hells idea was it to have the wind raider parked inside the castle?... that's what I want to know. LOL!

Yeah i know its a bit odd from mattel to do this but i dont have high hopes. I mean they look at every board anyway and they know exactly what's up. I have a feeling this is just to explain why it is what it is in order to calm people down a bit. Better answers then just if you are not happy then cancel it. We will see what happens but i dont get my hopes high. Looking at all these questions it seems that the jawbridge is on everybodys mind.

As for the wind raider, they must have a massive stock left if they hope to sell more of them just because of that feature. I dont know but the wind raider is such an impressive vehicule that cant understand it wouldnt sell. Something went wrong when mattel placed the orders i bet.

There certainly could be some minor alterations made between now and SDCC, but for those of you thinking Mattel might somehow come up with a bigger playset by then, I think your just setting yourself up for disappointment again. This thing has been sculpted and sent off to be painted, in order to increase the size I believe they would basically have to start from scratch and do a totally new sculpt which costs money, so unless Mattel has invented some kind of growth ray I don't see that happening.

I dont know but the wind raider is such an impressive vehicule that cant understand it wouldnt sell. Something went wrong when mattel placed the orders i bet.

I think they got cocky and made WAY too many of them. It was expensive to tool and Mattel wanted to get that money back. If they want remaining Wind Raiders to sell they need to lower the price instead of increasing it... Their strategy is so backwards.

I dont know but the wind raider is such an impressive vehicule that cant understand it wouldnt sell. Something went wrong when mattel placed the orders i bet.

I think they got cocky and made WAY too many of them. It was expensive to tool and Mattel wanted to get that money back. If they want remaining Wind Raiders to sell they need to lower the price instead of increasing it... Their strategy is so backwards.

I only seen them on sale back in November for $35 If they want these to move they should cut the price down

I wish they had picked the battle ram first. I would have 2 or 3 of those. love that vehicle

I wish they had picked the battle ram first. I would have 2 or 3 of those. love that vehicle

They could have even made just the front first, to see how it sold and then sold the back part later on as an add-on for those who wanted the whole vehicle.

They could have even made just the front first, to see how it sold and then sold the back part later on as an add-on for those who wanted the whole vehicle.

I would have bought several of them for sure.

If they're vacuum forming these, then at least hopefully the insides are like the vintage one and have the negative imprint of the outer sculpt. I would say that is better than nothing.

I actually prefer that... I think sculpting a detailed wall on the inside would cost that much more in tooling. I hope to see the negative imprint.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE