Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Check it out here

http://www.starwarsu...ff-over-jj.html

Video no longer working?
I read (second hand) that the full Shat quote was:

He's being a pig. He's collecting the two franchises and holding them close to his vest. He's probably the most talented direct of that ilk that we have, but he's gone too far this time. I think of him as a buddy of mine, I've taken him out for sushi, I think it's time for JJ and I to have another sushi and let me put him straight about two of the largest franchises and not employing me in either one of them, I think is just foolhardy.

Just picture the never-quite-sure-if-serious-or-joking Shat saying the last sentence, and in this case I think he is being a comedian.

#3 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

The Jedi Insider Jedi

• Moderators
  • 31,855 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

What video?

#4 Donatello

Donatello

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

My bad, I went to your link, and then to make sure I got the original quote right I tried going to that article's source link at MovieFanatic and that's where there was a video -- but then I forgot I had left your original link. At that time the video was not working for me, but now it is.

http://www.moviefana...brams-is-a-pig/

#5 FUGAYZIE

FUGAYZIE

The Gray Ghost

• Members
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

while i think shatner is a bit old and grumpy, he does have a point...kinda. these are two of the biggest sci-fi properties in hollywood history and it feels kinda weird to have them directed by the same guy. though at the same time, it didnt seem like many if any other directors were interested soooooo...if no one else (of quality) is up for the taking, it may as well be abrams. he freshened up the first trek film and made it interesting and entertaining so hopefully he'll do the same with SW.

#6 BigBot84

BigBot84

I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

• Members
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Abrams seems more suited for Star Wars anyways. Star Trek as I know it ended with DS9. The reboot was a cool space action flick, but it didn't feel like Star Trek.

#7 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think it's Shatner's sense of humor and that he's not really angry.

#8 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Abrams seems more suited for Star Wars anyways. Star Trek as I know it ended with DS9. The reboot was a cool space action flick, but it didn't feel like Star Trek.

I agree...flashy, brainless action scenes are best suited for Star Wars..at least what Star Wars has become...

#9 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I like the new ST and don't consider it brainless. To me brainless symbolizes the SW prequels or Bayformers. I consider the new ST more along the lines of Indiana Jones. Just good fun.

#10 hamsterboy

hamsterboy

Stratos

• Members
  • 13,700 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

I don't see what Shat is getting his wig in a twist over. Hopefully Disney will go back to one director per movie like with the first three SW movies. It'll be one and done for Abrams.

#11 synch

synch

Energon hunter

• Members
  • 46,434 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

the only problem i see is if one interferes with the other I certainly don't think he will be able to put any effort towards startrek movies while he is doing starwars 7 8 9 all in a row

#12 yojoebro82

yojoebro82

Bebop

• Members
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

I believe he went on record as saying he is just doing one. Which is fine. I'd like to see 3 different directors too.

#13 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

It'll be one and done for Abrams.

wish that was the case for Mission Impossible...and Tom Cruise...

#14 spystreak

spystreak

Megatron

• Members
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think Shatner's overreacting I mean come on people can work on both franchise George Takei did

#15 CaptainTriumph

CaptainTriumph

All-Star Member

• Members
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

I could see Shatner in a Star Wars movie...

#16 featofstrength

featofstrength

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I could see Shatner in a Star Wars movie...

Why not? In a universe that gave us such memorable characters as Baron Papanoida and Dexter Jettster...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us