MOTUC at WalMart

Nerdist

Toy Guru says:

Took us a few days to get to the bottom of this one. Bottom line is these items were not sold to WMT. They appear to be at only one single location and this WMT aquired them on the secondary market from a third party. Mattel did not set up this end cap or this promotion. There are no plans for MOTUC to be distributed at retail at this time. Maybe the toy aisle manager is a big MOTU fan. Not really sure, but this is not a Mattel program. That i can confirm.

Mystery solved.

Yeah I call major BS too. WM does not just "buy" from anyone. @loll@ They got these from Mattel that is obvious. Not enough to mass release but enough to but in the local store clearly.

Draven

Toy Guru says:

Took us a few days to get to the bottom of this one. Bottom line is these items were not sold to WMT. They appear to be at only one single location and this WMT aquired them on the secondary market from a third party. Mattel did not set up this end cap or this promotion. There are no plans for MOTUC to be distributed at retail at this time. Maybe the toy aisle manager is a big MOTU fan. Not really sure, but this is not a Mattel program. That i can confirm.

Mystery solved.

NO its isn't

Walmart isn't going to put up an endcap of toys they don't carry for one store

So basically this is an unexplainable mystery. No one, including Mattel has any idea how MOTUC figures, although not many and only one store, have been sold at retail. And based on TG's response. Mattel is washing their hands of this while reiterating that MOTUC will not be sold at retail... meanwhile it already has been.

They love to do stuff like this then pretend it never happened.

LOL!

So,we're suppose to be believe the guy in charge of the toy section went behind his supervisor's back and bought all of these figures to be sold at the Walmart he works at? I'm kind of confused.

LOl I couldn't imagine doing this ever

I have worked for big retail you don't just throw up an endcaps of things the store doesn't carry

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE