repainting 200x castle grayskull

shokker

so when the preorder started for the new castle grayskull i wasnt happy because of the huge amount of shipping matty asked. i wondered if it was worth it. in the end i may have gotten one but not really. so glad everything is back at normal if you can call that with matty, lol. still the idea was in my head to repaint the 200x into a more green look like in the comics or tv shows. i repainted the 200x castle before, see first 2 pictures. so i started a day ago and it is mostly black now. if you ever wondered how it would look all black here are some pics. noted i allready started with the green in some places.

the one i repainted from the retail version:

post-12095-0-92793100-1350560402_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-42811500-1350560420_thumb.jpg

repainted all in black (bet the movie version will look like this lol)

post-12095-0-62446700-1350560439_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-77676900-1350560456_thumb.jpg

i will work on it a little every day and see what i can do ;-)

• Like 1

thanks so much guys. on the picture the green looks really good but in real it looks really dark. i am about to highlight the dark green with a little brighter green just to see where this goes. sadly i didnt had time to take pics of it today. i have a lot going on lately :-(

soooo and here i am with ome updates. its no much but i hope you can see the lighter green detail on the sidewalls of castle grayskull. i didnt painted the skull part yet because i wanted to see how it will look like. it looks amazing in real. i hope the pictures show it a little better then before.

post-12095-0-24322000-1351453653_thumb.jpg

in this pic i just painted the balcony

post-12095-0-71103200-1351453670_thumb.jpg

the middle section isnt painted yet in this one

post-12095-0-35116400-1351453682_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i got a new mobilphone with a way better camera. it will take a week before it is active but i cant wait to take some pics. so you can see a little update of what i did. i must say that i hadnt much time lately and i mostly finished all the green on the castle and the sidewalls are also finished. now i have to paint the middle section and thats a little more work, lol. so updates soon :-D

• 2 months later...

That looks AMAZING! Nice job and very nice collections. wink.gif

I actually set up an account here just to see your pictures. Well done! You have some mad skills!

There was something that always bothered me about how the He-Man symbol was a different color than the rest of the skull. Painting it all the same color really improves the look of the castle.

Are you going to paint the eyes black?

Makes me wish Mattel would find a way to re-issue the MOTU Revell vehicle model kits or give us new kits so we can have more vehicles at a cheaper cost.

It would be awesome to see what current MOTUC fans could do with those kits.

That looks AMAZING! Nice job and very nice collections. wink.gif

I actually set up an account here just to see your pictures. Well done! You have some mad skills!

There was something that always bothered me about how the He-Man symbol was a different color than the rest of the skull. Painting it all the same color really improves the look of the castle.

Are you going to paint the eyes black?

Makes me wish Mattel would find a way to re-issue the MOTU Revell vehicle model kits or give us new kits so we can have more vehicles at a cheaper cost.

It would be awesome to see what current MOTUC fans could do with those kits.

Wow dude thanks so much. I feel honored that you created an account just for my pics. Thats awesome thanks. Now i will try to upload more pics sooner, lol.

I just saw this and I love it. This is something I've always wanted to do. If anything, just to set it up on a shelf with some nicer colors. I haven't taken it out in about 10 years, lol.. but man, that thing looks tiny with those huge figures. I might have to get a second one and modify mine and make it taller/bigger.

Are you finished with the front, or still working on it?

I just saw this and I love it. This is something I've always wanted to do. If anything, just to set it up on a shelf with some nicer colors. I haven't taken it out in about 10 years, lol.. but man, that thing looks tiny with those huge figures. I might have to get a second one and modify mine and make it taller/bigger.

Are you finished with the front, or still working on it?

thanks man. the front is as good as done, i just have to paint the front door. i added some chains to it. looks great with them. if i have time tonight i will take some more pics :-) i tried to change the eyes a bit but it always turned out weird. so i let them as if it was meant to be one sculpt. i would love to get them out and make it look more deeper but since there is electronics inside, i dont want to destroy the nice sound effects.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE