Encore Fort Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nguyen_Dragon

On mine FMax, the large green chest door to his right falls down to easily whenever I move him. Need to put some glue on the joints the next time I open him again. Also, like many people, my Spike thigh was assembled in reverse as well. No biggy since it doesn't affect the transformation. Also, if it hadn't been for the internet, I wouldn't notice the leg problem being an error.

Here are some known QA Issue of FMax as posted by Dracomancer of TFW2005:

0. Red guns on left hand are improperly installed so that they face backwards (fixable: unscrew the hand assembly, flip the gun and reassemble).

1. Cerebros has very tight leg joints (fixable: loosen the screw and/or shave off some plastic).

2. Cog has 2 left arms.

3. The holes to plug in Gasket's guns are susceptible to stress marks.

4. Fort Max's left fist is missing the plug insert to hold his weapons.

5. Spike's feet has mold-flash on the bottom, making him unstable (fixable: shave off the excess flash).

6. Fort Max has a defective hip ratchet or the ratcheting mechanism is installed backwards; requiring disassembly/reassembly to correct.

7. Leg cannons are loose and prone to popping out easily or making worrisome "snapping" sounds when raised.

8. Spike is missing his arms or has two of the same arms.

9. One or more weapons are missing from the set.

10. The central die-cast panel has smudged or chipped blue paint.

11. Spike has loose knee joints and/or is very difficult to insert into Cerebros' body.

12. The Cerebros faceplate on Spike is loose/askew (fixable: use a flathead screwdriver, rather than a Phillips head, to loosen/tighten the hard-to-access restraining screw).

13. Eye tampographs on Fort Max's face appear "bubbly" and/or Cerebros' chest tech spec sticker is askew.

14. Right-side chest door has slightly warped hinge tabs, though it functions correctly.

15. Cerebros in tower mode is very difficult to insert into Fort Max's chest, requiring him to be first stood up and then bent down to fit in place. This may be due to the body's socket pieces being warped/misaligned.

16. Cerebros' has a "short shot" part (a flaw of the moulding process resulting in an incomplete piece) on his torso next to Spike's head slot, or a dent on Fort Max's forehead above the left eye, or stress marks on the FT face cover on his back.

17. Fort Max's big gun is very loose or, conversely, very tight when pegged.

18. Fort Max's white ramps and attached red launchers are susceptible to stress marks.

19. Cerebros's fists are very tight and do not flip open easily. (fixable: loosen the screw and/or shave off some plastic).

20. The holes to plug in Cog's gun-arms in vehicle mode are susceptible to stress marks.

21. Cerebros has two right legs.

22. Spike has one or both thighs installed facing backwards (the concave curve should be on the backside) or the entire leg assembly is on backwards.

23. In City Mode, the central flip-down grey ramp's two halves are misaligned; resulting in the red ramp extension not settling into place properly.

Is that all on one figure? That would be bad for as much as he costs!

I don't think so, that list is just an accumulation of what people with their FMax in term of QA issue so everyone can compare to it. The only error that a real common which many people will find is the error of assembling Spike leg backward. But even that, you wouldn't know it until someone tell you or compare it to the original because it doesn't affect anything.

I don't think so, that list is just an accumulation of what people with their FMax in term of QA issue so everyone can compare to it. The only error that a real common which many people will find is the error of assembling Spike leg backward. But even that, you wouldn't know it until someone tell you or compare it to the original because it doesn't affect anything.

Do you have pictures?... Can it be fixed?...

Yeah, my Spike leg was assembled reverse too. I think that's the trend of the Encore FMax. Most people don't talk about this because 1, it's so minor. Secondly, unless people see the original Spike, then most people would not notice it especially when it doesn't affect the transformation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...