Toy License For the Hobbit

Forcehunter

Well, The Bridge Direct have made some great The Hobbit figures so far from what i saw of the photos from SDCC. Looking forward to picking some of these up when they hit retail.

Well after getting psyched up at the pics, I just got some bummer news that weakens my confidence in The Bridge as they cancelled the Azog 6" figure. Considering they only showed the dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf and now the cancellation of a big antagonist, this makes me wonder if Bridge is only going to focus on the main characters and not make others (despite what the pre-order listings showed on BBTS). I do not take that as a good sign for those of us who want an extensive selection of characters. Hopefully they will not cancel the 2-packs as one of them has Bolg.

• 1 month later...

bgiles, where? Were you the one who found them in Cherry Hill in Jersey? Which other figures were there? And finally please post the item number.

preordered the 6 inch figures from TRU online

wonder how many figures, especially beasts if any, they will make in this scale. I'll probably end up buying that Goblin King in 3.75 scale and a couple Wargs if they dont get around to 6in scale...they'll just look a lil dinky

wonder how Smaug will work out in the end...

Sorry for the delay of reply, forcehunter. I live in Lafayette, Louisiana and found the 3 3/4" Hobbit figures only so far. The numbers on the barcodes are Bilbo 85561 16001 and for Gandalf 85561 16002 . I'm going to check back later this weekend to see if there is anything else.When I went they had multiples of all the line Bilbo, Gandalf, Thorin, Legolas and Grinnah the Goblin.

went to local TRU...NO HOBBIT STUFF ON THEIR SHELVES. DAMMIT.

It was the same at my TRU, but I asked them about them and the guy brought them out. I snagged Tauriel and Thorin.

I just went home and ordered them, free shipping from TRU.com...saves me the headache and them some confusion from a customer asking a simple question. I used to work there...they're morons.

though I preordered the 6in figures last week, I see that the site lists them as backordered...sigh

oh well, got the Warg and Goblin King ordered instock today.

Well so much for a street date. Only TRU had gotten their shipment and it was only a case of the 3.75". Thery had to bring them out from a FedEx drop shipment. Every other place had no stock. Glad I just ordered online. I only needed Grinnah from the 3.75" anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

over the last days i got all the 6inch figures and i must say wow these are great. for a company that hasnt done much my expectations were pretty low but they delivered. even the 3 3/4 inch figures look amazing. i was tempted to get these to but in the end i dont want to start again. i have so manny toybiz lord of the rings figures that i dont see myself changing the scale right now. i looked around and i even joined bridge directs facebook page just to see that the next wave just comes summer 2013????? damn thats a long wait if you ask me. sure we have 3 years until its done but i hoped to see wave 2 when the movie hits. there are a lot of dwarfes to cover and right now we just got thorin.

• 3 weeks later...

i saw your pics on fwoosh. really awesome. specially the one with the schleich display. they really work fine with these figures. i saw the narnia castle once in the marvel section. the guy made a dr. doom castle out of it who was also a great idea. i missed the chance to get one when it came out so i dont really bother to get it now, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

i asked Bridge Direct when to expect a new wave of figures...they said Summer. Just me, or is that playing it extremely safe with this one? product out months before the picture, and then nothing new for the release/Christmas?

sigh...long wait to see how the 6in line will shape up. I need all the dwarves, Bridge...and Beorn...and Radagast the Brown...and...

• 2 weeks later...

i asked Bridge Direct when to expect a new wave of figures...they said Summer. Just me, or is that playing it extremely safe with this one? product out months before the picture, and then nothing new for the release/Christmas?

sigh...long wait to see how the 6in line will shape up. I need all the dwarves, Bridge...and Beorn...and Radagast the Brown...and...

Yep we should get our first look at new stuff at Toy Fair in February and wont seen anything new on shelf till late spring/summer.

After seeing the Hobbit what figures or toys do you want to see made. I wouldn't mind seeing some rock giants.

After watching the movie my wants are: (6 inch) Dwalin, Balin, (the rest of the dwarves in any order) Radagast the Brown with sled, Azog and warg, Elrond in armor, Thrain, Thror, Bilbo without jacket. gollum. for starters