DC Hauls

Wheeljack35

And now I scored Son of Batman. Found one at a Walmart among one Supes and about 6 Batmans. Again, pretty good job on this one. Sneaky reuse of the Guy Gardner buck but it is appropriately 80s. And since I don't have that Guy Gardner, it's new to me. I also like that it has the riffle that I can give to the Batman.

So that's it. I'm not going to army build this guy, so I can call it a set just like that. Simple, easy!

The locally Wally restocked the Batman: TDKR 30th Anniversary figures today. Picked up my second SOB and finally got around to picking up Bats. I was okay with the original one from the DC unlimited line, but the head sculpt is different on this one so I had to snag it.

• 4 weeks later...

Found the DOJ Aquaman at Target today on a grocery run. I still haven't seen the movie, but I'm an Aquaman fan and would have gotten a figure based on his first movie appearance no matter what. They had a lot of nightmare Batmans too but I held off. Thought he looked cool though.

I will say that Mattel's return to making 6" figures is off to a slow start articulation wise. This guy doesn't have an ab crunch or even a waist swivel. If this was a ML he'd have had those plus double jointed knees and ankle rockers. Looks like Marvel is beating DC at the movies and in the toy aisles. Regardless of this, it's not enough to make me want to jump ship on retail figures and make me want to start paying more than double for imports like a lot of folks are doing.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm ready to call it good on my Dawn of Justice set. Sorry Jessie Lexenburg, you're services won't be needed here. Also, I know there's a TRU exclusive Bats and Supes figures with alternate heads but I don't have the motivation to track them down

Note on Aquaman: there's two color tridents, grey and gold. If you get the gold trident version he HAS a waist swivel. I had to return my grey one and trade up.

2016-04-18%2019.43.47_zpsrgz6ddmi.jpg

Aaaannnddd Got 'im. Dropped into a Walmart after taking my sister for her birthday lunch and found a single gold trident Aquaman (Yay me!).

Although, with that pale complexion and lean build, he looks more like Maximilian Schell at the end of "The Black Hole" than Jason Momoa.

With the addition of my Hot Toys Batman, I am calling my 90s Batman display complete! Had to share some pics!

This bookcase came built in to the basement (there's a twin in the opposite corner with Star Wars stuff). When I saw it for the first time I new exactly what was going to go on them.

2016-04-26%2018.41.48_zpskai6sjsx.jpg

Pretty happy with my Kenner Batmobile collection. If I had to say I'm missing one thing it would be the Clooney Batman and Robin Batmobile. It's tough though because, much like the film, I think that's the weakest of Batman's rides and the only reason I would get it would be to say I have it. (OK, I guess I need a Superpowers Batman too).

2016-04-26%2018.42.06_zps5puv2qqq.jpg

This Hot Toys Keaton is such a sweet piece and even though their "value" is pretty much night and day, I have no problem displaying it next to the old Kenner stuff. I love that Batcave and the blue and grey Keaton repaint that Kenner did.

2016-04-26%2018.42.24_zpsdq6y8rl2.jpg

Autographed Michelle Pfeiffer along with a small early Toy Biz display. (Bob the Goon = one of the worst action figures ever!)

2016-04-26%2018.42.34_zpssb7bljpo.jpg

This Batwing is fairly recent as well. I found it complete with original box at a LCS. I dismantled the two big honking wheels that were on the back (it has a gimmick where the middle section turns into a car). Now it looks more bat-shaped. Love it!

2016-04-26%2018.42.45_zps4kb1e0lm.jpg

Easily my most valuable comic is Batman Adventures #12, first comic appearance of Harley Quinn. I inherited this and all of my brother's other comics when he gave them to me as a wedding present. I.....think he know's how much it's worth(?) Maybe? Yeah, let's pretend he does.

2016-04-26%2018.42.56_zpsrzpiborf.jpg

These DOJ movie masters are not a permanent display, not "retro" enough. I just don't know what to put here yet, which is a good problem to have.

2016-04-26%2018.43.12_zps8bihymxk.jpg

According to my mom this stuffed dog with the one eyebrow was my first toy. Now you know.

2016-04-26%2018.46.05_zpsmq0alphf.jpg

No, I got Batman, Superman, and a Sideshow GI Joe Baroness and I have to put an early cap on this stuff. Jack Joke is certainly iconic but I don't want to fall into a hole here.

Now I'm going to google pics of Hot Toys Princess Leia, Rey, Captain America, Iron Man Mark VII, and some more Sideshow Joes....maybe a good guy this time? They're not as expensive right.......?

Haha I hear ya about making a habit out of it. 89 Bats and Joker are the most expensive toys I've paid out for. I don't regret it.

I'm on the fence on getting Sideshow's TOD Indiana Jones...but id probably shell out for him if they had Mola Ram to buy as well

Hot Toys are great high end collectibles but...I hate that sideshow and other companies feel they can match the quality, and more so, the price. There SHOULD be a middleground out there for 12in scale, but its big bucks or nothing. Here's looking forward to Hasbro's $50 Marvel Icons... hope they can do the same with Star Wars and Indy.

Haha I hear ya about making a habit out of it. 89 Bats and Joker are the most expensive toys I've paid out for. I don't regret it.

I'm on the fence on getting Sideshow's TOD Indiana Jones...but id probably shell out for him if they had Mola Ram to buy as well

Hot Toys are great high end collectibles but...I hate that sideshow and other companies feel they can match the quality, and more so, the price. There SHOULD be a middleground out there for 12in scale, but its big bucks or nothing. Here's looking forward to Hasbro's $50 Marvel Icons... hope they can do the same with Star Wars and Indy.

Is there even a difference between Sideshow and Hot Toys? I thought they were the same thing....could be wrong.

I have "middle ground" 12" scale Star Wars from the POTF2 line. Talking Darth, Obi Wan, Leia, and Chewie. I may get the Luke and Han at some point to round out my ANH cast in 12" scale. Likenesses are spotty but that's why you pay the "middle ground" price. I do think the days of seeing 12" figures with cloth clothing at retail is over. They've been replace with those stiff-as-a-board hunks of junk.

As far as Hot Toys, I've toyed around with getting one to represent all my geek franchises, one for DC, Marvel, GI Joe, Star Wars, but I guess it's not a high priority for me at the moment. Cool toys, though!

First off, I get the inflation of the dollar, poor economy, oil speculation, license rights, blah blah blah...$40 James Bond sideshow doll days from 2002 are over, I get it.

But, I have a hard time looking between the 2008 Sideshow Raiders Indy priced at $90 and their recent TOD Indy priced at $230 and justifying that increase in cost.

Sure, the sculpt is a hair better and maybe they tweaked the standard body buck, but less accessories (not even a leather jacket or separate head) and features.

A justifiable tag for middleground in this instance would be closer to $150-175...imo...but hey, Hot Toys base price is around $230, so why not? The moving eye feature is fun, but...#$##, man.

1545922_10101048628103014_1359385152_n.j

Mattel provided a great value on their Superman and Ghostbuster 12in figures. Sure the paint and sculpts could be improved...but for $170 more? No thanks.

Took advantage of a $5 rewards kick-back to pick up Unmasked Batman and Bat Creature at TRU yesterday.

There some fans that are really up in arms that Mattel chose to make an action figure of that bat creature given his split second screen time. I don't see what the big deal is...maybe they're sad that it took the "slot" of another character? The only other one that would be remotely likely would be Doomsday. Maybe Mattel already thought Toy Biz covered that when the did the LOTR cave Orc.

May grab that bat creature if I see it.

There some fans that are really up in arms that Mattel chose to make an action figure of that bat creature given his split second screen time. I don't see what the big deal is...maybe they're sad that it took the "slot" of another character? The only other one that would be remotely likely would be Doomsday. Maybe Mattel already thought Toy Biz covered that when the did the LOTR cave Orc.

May grab that bat creature if I see it.

This is Batman v. Superman. Fans have gotten up in arms about EVERYTHING.

As for the figure? As much as I love this line, I wouldn't loose to much sleep over getting it. It looks cool enough, but the articulation isn't that great and the facial expression is a little more "bored muppet" than "nightmare creature from the depths of the Batman's twisted psyche."

Kinda looks like Kilowog from the Green Lantern movie and the Cloverfield Monster had a baby.

• 2 months later...

Saw this fig over the weekend at Ross....this little store out in the wilderness had some good finds....I didn't get it but I'm sure someone will give this killer an home....

20160716_142530_zpsxrpdp2hr.jpg

I guess the DC stuff is starting to hit hard. I found a lot of Suicide Squad today at Walmart. They had plenty of everyone released so far except for Diablo who they had one of. I got Deadshot and Batman. At another Walmart I picked up Multiverse Arrow for $9 on clearance and then got Reverse Flash at K-Mart on sale for $17(I hit a lot of stores today).

Is anyone still seeing Multiverse Flash? I could use one if anyone wants to help me out. Don't need the CNC piece either.

I searched high and low for a Multiverse Flash this week. Seems he's suddenly disappeared from shelves and going for big bucks online. Well, I finally found one at a Walmart and the kicker is he was only $9. He is the one with the red symbol which I guess is the earlier release? That works for me I guess because he wore that in season 1 and I also have Reverse Flash who he fought in season 1. I'm just glad I got one because I wan't going to shell out over $30 for him.

I searched high and low for a Multiverse Flash this week. Seems he's suddenly disappeared from shelves and going for big bucks online. Well, I finally found one at a Walmart and the kicker is he was only $9. He is the one with the red symbol which I guess is the earlier release? That works for me I guess because he wore that in season 1 and I also have Reverse Flash who he fought in season 1. I'm just glad I got one because I wan't going to shell out over $30 for him.

For what its worth I remembered your post and actually kept an eye out for a Flash while I was running my butt off looking for Marvel Legends. No dice around here, just a bunch of Arrow's.