Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

i want a ps3 just for the bluray specs

Bluray players have come down in price so much, you're better off just buying a player in the $150-$250 range instead of shelling out $300+ for a PS3 if you already have an Xbox.

yeah but the ps3 is still the best player on the market. i was tempted to on black friday to get one for 300 its had 2 games and 2 movies and the dvd remote.

I'm not sure about that.

I know in the past there were some arguments against the PS3 Blu Ray because of the way it handled audio output. Not sure if they have corrected this recently or not.

I think JJ is correct because I too have heard that the ps3 player was the best in regards of price and quality. However, that was a year ago. As for issues with sound, that could be fixed with a firmwware update but then again, I am not sure.

yeah its been corrected, plus other add ons and the fact it cleans up reg dvds too.

i got gta on black friday for 10 bucks at walmart, havnt opened it yet lol

Batman Begins at the moment

dont you mean batman arkham asylum? that game is soooooo gooooood. but if you are playing the orig xbox/ps2 batman begins game then im sorry, that game was and looks terrible.

Tekken 6 and the occasional challenge mode in Arkham asylum.

hell yeah tekken 6, that game is awesome. same with AA.

Currently playing GTA: Stories from Liberty City for the 360.

PS3 might be a bit better technically but the Halo series was a dealmaker for me.

Also, I finally got the first Rock Band, which is also a blast!

my friend let me borrow Brutal Legend. Its pretty fun and has its funny moments (jack black after all) it reminds me an aweful lot of Viking: battle for asgard, only better.

my brother rented NHL 10 for me too, but just so i could join games and play as the goalie for the other team. that way i could let him score goals and let him get his legend card lol my guys name was Fawn De L'Mabalz lol

just finished getting the last achievment for bioshock, now going to get the last one for wolverine orgins.

so.............lol

i have to be, or else id finish a game in like a week or so and it would sit there and id have to buy a new game. so trying to get al the achievments at least makes me play a second time thru to get the left over. I only need 2 for COD:MW2 and they both special ops ones, my friend wants to play today so hopefully finish those 2. at least with cod the multiplayer makes its fun forever...or till new ones comes out lol

I still haven't prestiged in COD mw2. Soon though! But achievements? nope, it's almost impossible to get em all on any game... without putting in more time than i have right now.

anyone played mass effect 2 yet? I want to play it, but don't have the time to devote to an rpg right now

on the achievement points subject: I LOVED how Oblivion had its achievements set up. It wasn't meaningless or impossible crap like find all 500 statues. You got points for actually playing the game. You could get them all in one play through! It was pretty much like you got achements for the main story and then you could get achievements for ranking up all the factions you could join. come to think of it I still need to finish the shivering isles ....

A Prime example of a game whose acheivment points I hate are Blacksite area 51. The game wasn't that great anyway, but only 200 points for a play through... it makes it all seem pointless @hmmm@

I still haven't prestiged in COD mw2. Soon though! But achievements? nope, it's almost impossible to get em all on any game... without putting in more time than i have right now.

neither have I. I don't think I want to though. If it was the only game I played and I played it nonstop everyday than yeah why not. every time I prestiged in the older CODs It was a struggle to make myself play to the top again and unlock all of my hard earned stuff

i presteiged once so far but havnt played in like 3 weeks so fell behind, might play in a bit if u guys down

I've rediscovered Final Fantasy games and classic games that you can download on the Wii. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PS2, namely the first Final Fantasy on it that was redone in 16-bit graphics, and I'm also playing the 8-bit version on the Wii to see the comparisons. (I'm more dedicated to the PS2 version though.) There's actually more differences than you might think. But the PS2 version is awesome, if you're like me and you're a 16-bit junkie. I'm also playing Contra Reborn, Castlevania Reborn, Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures, all on the Wii, and Driver: Parallel Lines on the original X-Box. (I've been snowed in for a week and I'm just all over the place game-wise...) (lol)

I've rediscovered Final Fantasy games and classic games that you can download on the Wii. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PS2, namely the first Final Fantasy on it that was redone in 16-bit graphics, and I'm also playing the 8-bit version on the Wii to see the comparisons. (I'm more dedicated to the PS2 version though.) There's actually more differences than you might think. But the PS2 version is awesome, if you're like me and you're a 16-bit junkie. I'm also playing Contra Reborn, Castlevania Reborn, Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures, all on the Wii, and Driver: Parallel Lines on the original X-Box. (I've been snowed in for a week and I'm just all over the place game-wise...) (lol)

No Muscle March? *tears up*

Muscle what? (lol) I am not familiar with this. Please explain.

Muscle what? (lol) I am not familiar with this. Please explain.

It is a fun wiiware game that is actually a port of an unrelease 2006 arcade game. It isn't retro but it is fun; check out my first post on this topic. If you are a heterosexual and are insecure of your sexual orientation then the game isn't for you.

As for 16 bit revivals, have you played Gradius or MEgaman 9? Also, Sega is releasing Sonic 4 as a downloadable title