Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I realize that there is a game section here, but not a lot of people visit it.

Anyone has a favorite game that they are currently playing and if so, please list them

For me, it is Muscle March for the Wiiware. The game is WTF crazy and is only for the manliness of men. Here is the trailer for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8BcndMxu44

US Trailer. Not as funny as the JPN trailer, but it is still funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd-5UYmmDsk

The game is basically like the defunct Fox game show, "Hole in the wall." To play, you have to pose with the wii remote to fit into the hole

I am shocked that the game is E 10+ since surely the game should be Teens or mature esp with the sexual innuendo

Other than Muscle MArch, I am playing Mass Effect for the PC

• Like 1

I'm currently into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Forza 3.

Forza 3 is probably the best racing game I've ever played. There's something like 400+ cars (everything from old muscle cars to Formula 1 style cars...pretty much any popular car you can think of over the last 50 years), and all of them are fully customizable from tuning, to engine upgrades, to paint schemes, etc, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JaF3HZBwBA

Here's a couple of cars that I painted:

CobraCommanderViper.jpg

DarthMaulAudi.jpg

Anyways...for anyone who's ever been even remotely interested in racing games, I suggest picking this one up. It's fun for people who are just casual gamers, as you can turn assists on to tone down the amount of control you have to play with to race well, to people who would consider themselves pro-racers when it comes to games. I can't stop playing it.

right now im playing

-modern warfare 2

-l4d2

-bioshock

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, God of War Collection, and...New Super Marion Bros. Wii. (lol) That's some juxtaposition there, huh. Oh, and I finally beat Zuma on the PS3 the other night. FINALLY!! I love that game. It's a glorious waste of time...

I've been busy lately but when I do play:

I just finished Shadow copmlex

Playing through the halo's with the wife.

Mw2 for me as well, a few you on my friends list: gamertag revsears if your not (360)

and trying to play through Fable 1. I gotta say fable II wasn't amazing (but the wife loved it) but fable I was is pretty darn horrible.

I'm about to get a new game and am torn between: L4D II, Dragon Age, or Mass effect. I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

i went from ps2 to 360 and only had it for a year now.

rev get l4d2 so we can play that too lol

I've been busy lately but when I do play:

I just finished Shadow copmlex

Playing through the halo's with the wife.

Mw2 for me as well, a few you on my friends list: gamertag revsears if your not (360)

and trying to play through Fable 1. I gotta say fable II wasn't amazing (but the wife loved it) but fable I was is pretty darn horrible.

I'm about to get a new game and am torn between: L4D II, Dragon Age, or Mass effect. I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

Having played on three of them on the PC, I have to say they are all great. You can probably get Mass Effect for five bucks whereas over 30+ each for the other two. L4d II is pretty much like the original but with added tweaks. Da and ME are similar in game format though DQ plays like your typical RPG (think WOW but with the power to pause the game to mutlitask during battles) whereas ME, with the same pausing power, relationship feature, and similar dialogue tree, is obviously a third person shooter.

I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

You aren't missing much for not having a ps3 considering that the two system has basically almost the same library of games. It really depends if you want to play the good PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain

I have a PS3 for over 3 years, but recently gotten the wii. Because I currently prefer playin arcade-like games that doesn't take a long time to pass, I prefer the wii. It isn't to say the ps3 is bad, but the games on that system (and the 360) are typically "epic" in that they take more than a couple of minutes to pass. I am sure if I have the 360 instead, I would feel the same way.

i got mass efect for 10 cucks new.

i want a ps3 just for the bluray specs

I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

You aren't missing much for not having a ps3 considering that the two system has basically almost the same library of games. It really depends if you want to play the good PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain

I have a PS3 for over 3 years, but recently gotten the wii. Because I currently prefer playin arcade-like games that doesn't take a long time to pass, I prefer the wii. It isn't to say the ps3 is bad, but the games on that system (and the 360) are typically "epic" in that they take more than a couple of minutes to pass. I am sure if I have the 360 instead, I would feel the same way.

I'd have to say the 360 is better than PS3. Mostly, because everyone I know has one, and Xbox Live is awesome...Netflix...Zune...there's just a ton of online options with Xbox Live. Also, because Xbox has Gears of War (even though the second one sucked, IMO...let's hope the 3rd installment will be as good as the first) and Forza 3.

You can't really compare the Wii to the other systems as it's in a category of it's own. I can tell you, however, that the wife and I have had many fun, drunken, nights with our friends playing both Wii Sports games, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and games like Mario Party.

I agree the PS3 is a joke. I am all about the Xbox 360! And I don't care for the Wii much and that saddens me as a die hard Nintendo fan boy since I was a wee Draven. @grumpy@ Anyway just beat GI JOE ROC a few days back and now am playing through Tomb Raider Ani for the 360 I snagged for $5 at Target. I usually only play one game at a time. May hit Mass Effect or finally try and play Zelda on my wii.... only took me 2 years almost to finish Mario Galaxy @loll@

Draven

i got half my games (some not even open yet) for under 10 bucks at target....i beat them fast but I go back and play them again to get the achievments so i get stuck on game till i get them....or quit.

Bluray players have come down in price so much, you're better off just buying a player in the $150-$250 range instead of shelling out $300+ for a PS3 if you already have an Xbox.

Bluray players have come down in price so much, you're better off just buying a player in the $150-$250 range instead of shelling out $300+ for a PS3 if you already have an Xbox.

yeah but the ps3 is still the best player on the market. i was tempted to on black friday to get one for 300 its had 2 games and 2 movies and the dvd remote.

I just started up spider man web of shadows on the 360 and have been playing Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles on the Wii. I want muscle march as it looks hilarious for a random drinking game with friends. How much is it on wii ware? that would be the first wiiware game i would be buying interestingly enough.

yeah but the ps3 is still the best player on the market. i was tempted to on black friday to get one for 300 its had 2 games and 2 movies and the dvd remote.

I'm not sure about that.

I know in the past there were some arguments against the PS3 Blu Ray because of the way it handled audio output. Not sure if they have corrected this recently or not.