• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Attached File  Viper_02.jpg   129.12KB   469 downloadsAttached File  Viper_01.jpg   130.26KB   615 downloadsAttached File  Viper_04.jpg   102.33KB   494 downloadsAttached File  Viper_05.jpg   128.42KB   404 downloadsAttached File  Viper_06.jpg   106.89KB   441 downloads[attachmen
t=1794:Mercer.jpg]Attached File  Viper_01.jpg   99.04KB   61 downloadsAttached File  Viper_02.jpg   106.33KB   66 downloads

Thanks again to the guys over at ACToys.net for these images. It's to bad Hasbro was to cheap to fix the hands on these guys.

I added file card images. The one is Mercer.

Attached Files

#2 MrBear

MrBear

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Now give me a BAT and Eel pack and I will be set. I know, none of us collectors are ever satisfied. @firedevil@

#3 countzackula

countzackula

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

Neat how they gave one guy a removeable helmet...I'm guessing he's the only one, though...but why? I kinda wish they'd released a set like this months ago. I hate not knowing if or when Hasbro will release troop builder sets like these. Every time a troop figure comes out on single card, I always wonder if I should buy multiples or wait until Hasbro releases a multipack!

#4 Jmacq1

Jmacq1

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

ARGH!

Hasbro you wound me....

So close to perfection, yet so far: You have a "fixed wrist" Viper coming out in another five-pack, but put the "limp wrists" in this pack?!?

Seriously...this could have been one of the best five-packs EVER (particularly with the removeable helmet (helmets?), but just like your last stab at a Viper 5-pack, you swung and hit a foul ball.

I might pick up one, just for the "officer" but if these had fixed wrists I'd buy five or six of them.

#5 GPM in ICT

GPM in ICT

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

Neat how they gave one guy a removeable helmet...I'm guessing he's the only one, though...but why? I kinda wish they'd released a set like this months ago. I hate not knowing if or when Hasbro will release troop builder sets like these. Every time a troop figure comes out on single card, I always wonder if I should buy multiples or wait until Hasbro releases a multipack!

I'm guessing that it's a nod to Mercer, who was a Cobra Viper before ooking up with Slaughter Renegades.

#6 Jmacq1

Jmacq1

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

Good call on the Mercer thing. I think you're probably absolutely right.

#7 bosskmr

bosskmr

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

WOW!!! This pack sucks $@#T!!!!

They have a better version in the other 5-pack and they give us this crap...F you Hasbro!!!!

#8 mjolnir

mjolnir

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

I was going to buy one of these, but now that this guy is complaining up a storm about something so minor as wrists, I think I'll buy 5 or 6 of them.

ARGH!

Hasbro you wound me....

So close to perfection, yet so far: You have a "fixed wrist" Viper coming out in another five-pack, but put the "limp wrists" in this pack?!?

Seriously...this could have been one of the best five-packs EVER (particularly with the removeable helmet (helmets?), but just like your last stab at a Viper 5-pack, you swung and hit a foul ball.

I might pick up one, just for the "officer" but if these had fixed wrists I'd buy five or six of them.

#9 ExultedUnicron

ExultedUnicron

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

we got 4 vipers in helmets and one without. If it is a nod to Mercer, I like it. However, the wrists are the old style, not good.

#10 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Andorian

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

I was going to buy one of these, but now that this guy is complaining up a storm about something so minor as wrists, I think I'll buy 5 or 6 of them.

Have you bought a Viper yet? This is not a "minor" problem. It's a significant flaw in the Viper. Go ahead and buy 5 or 6, I'll wait for the moment when Hasbro fixes this pack (or makes something similar to it) in the future.

#11 darthfoley

darthfoley

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

Could've at least done a new head sculpt for 'Mercer' if they were going to use the crap wrists...

#12 Jmacq1

Jmacq1

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

More power to you. As you can see from the other posts here (including the OP), the "limp-wrists" are a sticking point for far more people than just me.

We've already seen that Hasbro's got a fixed version of that tooling on-hand (see the upcoming Cobra 5-pack), so this just smacks of poor decision-making/laziness/et al on their part.

#13 boff123

boff123

cobra lackey

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

nice f up hasbro. great pack ruined.

#14 theNoseknows

theNoseknows

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

Would be a good loose troop builder.
Still have screwed up wrists and ankles.
General Hawks head on a Viper Body.
Nothing says its Mercer. Not bad @ss looking enough anyway.
And whats with the Gold Face Plate Officer? Same with Crimson Guard "Officers". Or Hiss Tank "Commanders". I dont get this. I can see Cobra Troopers needing an officer because they were the mass of the cobra army at first before all the other characters came in, otherwise it was only Cobra Commander.
So save yourselves some money and spend $7 on another General Hawk and switch heads.

#15 Magick

Magick

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

wonder when the release date is on this pack... I agree that they could have made this pack better since they have obviously fixed the wrist problem, but instead went for the old style.. much like the Bazooka trooper has the old diaper crotch when just before it they put out the Python Officers.. which had fixed crotches..

who knows what hasbro thinks some times.

I like the nod to Mercer, really wish they would stop reusing the same heads all the time. some stuff I can handle, but come on.. Give Mercer his patent high and tight. Not this 1950s comb roll you have going on with a reused head.

#16 theNoseknows

theNoseknows

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Somebody show me where it says thats Mercer

#17 xhairs

xhairs

Classics for life.

• Members
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

man they couldnt give them the fixed arms.

#18 Cyber Bishop

Cyber Bishop

Floating in space staring at the sun...

• Members
  • 2,817 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

Good call on the Mercer thing. I think you're probably absolutely right.

I smell some Mercer customs from this fig.

#19 Roadpigmaster

Roadpigmaster

Mouser

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Looking pretty good!

#20 Jmacq1

Jmacq1

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Somebody show me where it says thats Mercer

If you read the rest of the thread, you'd know nobody says it's Mercer. Some of us are speculating that the single removeable-helmet figure is intended to be a "nod" towards Mercer, which isn't the same as just saying "It's Mercer."

#21 FlyingFigg

FlyingFigg

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

Could've at least done a new head sculpt for 'Mercer'

really wish they would stop reusing the same heads all the time. some stuff I can handle, but come on.

To play devil's advocate; Hasbro seems to never use new tooling on exclusives. The only exception I can think of is Doc, and he was a mail away not an exclusive.

I'll pass on this set as is. I've got lots of Vipers already, and need no more. However, as most have said already, if they had the new wrist, I'd but enough to replace my current Viper army no question. Even if I had to do some part swapping.

If they were to release the new arm tooling on a single card or in a two pack or something like that I'd pass, as it would be too much trouble and expense to re-outfit my army.

#22 revsears

revsears

Nazburado

• Members
  • 13,840 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

those wrists do bother me so i'm going to have say pass like many others. I think we collectors made it pretty clear we didn't like em and they had ample time to put in the new ones. Those willing to army build the ones with a messed up wrist have had the opportunity with single packs and the viper/ig comic pack.

#23 CLAM

CLAM

ADC MVP since '01

• Moderators
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

yeah, I am kinda sad that they aren't fixing the wrists for this set. I don't get it, the one coming in the cobra 5-pack with the shiny mask has fixed wrists... why not this one?

#24 darthfoley

darthfoley

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

To play devil's advocate; Hasbro seems to never use new tooling on exclusives. The only exception I can think of is Doc, and he was a mail away not an exclusive.

Fair enough. It still feels like a double gyp to get the shoddy wrists *and* a re-used noggin. :)

#25 FlyingFigg

FlyingFigg

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

As I think about this even more: Since a removable helmet would be 'new' tooling I bet it's just an extra Viper head, and not a helmet.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us