New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I totally dig the Werehog. Still gotta find one. I found Shadow. Unfortunately he's got dastardly loose hips. Might either get another or try the good ol' crazy glue trick (last time I broke out that was with an ML 5 Nick Fury. Worked perfectly).

Has anyone here played Sonic: Unleashed yet? I've been meaning to get it, but I've been busy totally rockin' out on th new Kingdom Hearts. I've heard mixed things about. It looks cool though.

I totally dig the Werehog. Still gotta find one. I found Shadow. Unfortunately he's got dastardly loose hips. Might either get another or try the good ol' crazy glue trick (last time I broke out that was with an ML 5 Nick Fury. Worked perfectly).

Has anyone here played Sonic: Unleashed yet? I've been meaning to get it, but I've been busy totally rockin' out on th new Kingdom Hearts. I've heard mixed things about. It looks cool though.

I beat Unleashed in a day and a half (the Wii version at least)... It was alright but the 360/PS3 version looks so much better... I need to get Re-Chain of Memories too (how is it?) but my PS2 has been broken for a while now... If you can get Werehog you're gonna have a Hell of a time standing it up... I've had mine for a month and a half and I still can't get the thing to stand (hence the comment I made about spunk's picture...)

Oh spunk, thanks for wishing me luck and liking the picture. I was unable to go to T'R'U ... On the way home the car died so it's in a repair shop an hour away from here... I didn't get to reply sooner because we were stuck at a hotel for a few days... My dad and I are gonna go to KB because of the going out of business sales (goes up to 90% off after Christmas) and we're going to see if we can find stuff for my brother and sisters... Maybe I can talk him into going to T'R'U too...

Cool. RE:CoM is a real blast. Probably my favorite in the series so far.

I don't mind the whole standing issue with the Werehog. s long s the figure is awesome looking. And playable.

That sucks about your car breaking. Good luck in KB and whenever you get to go to TRU.

And also dig the signature. Got a pretty good laugh out of it.

Cool. RE:CoM is a real blast. Probably my favorite in the series so far.

I don't mind the whole standing issue with the Werehog. s long s the figure is awesome looking. And playable.

That sucks about your car breaking. Good luck in KB and whenever you get to go to TRU.

And also dig the signature. Got a pretty good laugh out of it.

Alrighty I need to fix up my PS2 or get a new one... Thanks for wishing me luck and liking the signature... We didn't go yesterday (My dad fell asleep and I watched the bonus features on Wall-E [burn-E was really funny]). Today my mom and one of my sisters and my brother are going to pick up the car (I don't think she'll be doing any long distance driving anymore) and my dad other sister and I are going to get my other other sister... I figure if we don't go to T'R'U there's still Christmas to get the figures...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Happy holidays to all. Hopefully the holidays will bring news of more awesome Sonic figures.

Happy holidays to all. Hopefully the holidays will bring news of more awesome Sonic figures.

Yeah and maybe one may be one of the figures we suggested...

So what did you guys get? I got a bunch of Star Wars figures, a Mr.Potatohead (Artoo Potatoo lol),a talking Mr. Burns thing, a Sega Genesis, Sonic The Hedgehog (NOT FOR RESALE version with case and manual), Toy Story (game with box and manual), Sonic Spinball (with case and manual), Sonic 3D Blast (with box and manual), Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Sonic & Knuckles (Cartridges only), a game called Wacky Worlds (I don't know the point of having Sonic in it as he serves little purpose), a Samsung Propel phone, And a small acer laptop (I'm using it now)...

Happy holidays everyone and thanks for caring about my car lol!!!

I've been rocking out on Sonic Unleashed for awhile now. It's a lot of fun.

Hey guys haven't been on much a lot of family over here for the holidays, I got Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts for Christmas (been waiting on this game since the originals on N64) and I'm getting Sonic Unleashed next week what version would you recommendi, i have Wii Ps3 and Xbox 360?

I got the PS2 one. It's fun, but I'm stuck on Eggman Land. If the controls are the same for PS3 as PS2 get that one.

Man, I haven't bothered with 3D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure, which is supposed to be favored among the rest. I liked it and all...but I just don't like all the automatic stuff. The adventure just doesn't feel the same as it did. I loved the heck outa Sonic 3 hooked to S&K, heck, I still do. I kinda miss the days when the characters didn't speak...

Thanks for the help guys! Yeah Alexx the new games aren't the same as the classic ones we grew up with but as you can see from the pictures I previously posted I have already sold my soul to SEGA! lol but really I love the characters and will shamelessly play anything Sonic. Even though I think they should go back to Sonic Adventure style games, with Sonic,Tails,Knuckles and Amy as the main playable characters with there own story modes. they don't need new characters for EVERY new game when they already have characters with so many possibilitys for deeper story, Shadow,Rouge,Omega,Cream,etc. could also be main story mode characters depending on what the story calls for, but I digress..... :P

I miss the classics. They were the best. But some of the new ones are fun. I agree with Spunk. They don't need t keep introducing new characters. They just need to focus on a good adventure. Damn I miss the old days.

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a few days... I wish that this fanbase didn't have to go to hell in recent years but it did... Now we have all these 8-10 year old n00bs who never played any of the old games (replacing the fans who left because of the voice issue) and think that Sonic the freakin Disaster was the best game ever... I got a Genesis to escape this garbage and guess what? I get made fun of by everyone for wanting an old system that brought me joy, that I grew up with... I don't need a crappy PS3 as long as I have my Genesis because it was the console that started it all for me... They should do like Megaman and make another 16-bit game... A true Sonic fan (like me) has been there since the beginning. I've been playing the games (with some form of skill) since I was 2 way back in '96. A true Sonic fan can point out the flaws of the series. A true Sonic fan doesn't go around promoting the bad games. A true Sonic fan will be hoping for the fan base to get back together. So I ask you my friends. ARE YOU TRUE SONIC FANS?? Thanks for listening and I'm sorry if I offended anyone... And do you have any figure news jamaro?

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a few days... I wish that this fanbase didn't have to go to hell in recent years but it did... Now we have all these 8-10 year old n00bs who never played any of the old games (replacing the fans who left because of the voice issue) and think that Sonic the freakin Disaster was the best game ever... I got a Genesis to escape this garbage and guess what? I get made fun of by everyone for wanting an old system that brought me joy, that I grew up with... I don't need a crappy PS3 as long as I have my Genesis because it was the console that started it all for me... They should do like Megaman and make another 16-bit game... A true Sonic fan (like me) has been there since the beginning. I've been playing the games (with some form of skill) since I was 2 way back in '96. A true Sonic fan can point out the flaws of the series. A true Sonic fan doesn't go around promoting the bad games. A true Sonic fan will be hoping for the fan base to get back together. So I ask you my friends. ARE YOU TRUE SONIC FANS?? Thanks for listening and I'm sorry if I offended anyone... And do you have any figure news jamaro?

I understand what you mean. Sonic on the Genesis was my first video game I ever played and I played it every day when I was younger. But later I stopped because my dad threw my Genesis away and it was replaced by, Microsoft X-Box which was one of the biggest pieces of turd in gaming history (but the 360 is really nice). And meanwhile when I stopped liking Sonic, all this new Sonic stuff came out like Heroes and all the other new ones. But recently I began watching some Sonic X episodes on Youtube and I wanted to start being a fan again. I miss playing the original games on Sega Genesis but that's when I saw the Sonic Collection game on the PS2 at Gamestop and purchased it. So now I can play all the old games on a game system I like (not that the Genesis was bad, its just mine is gone and now the prices they go for are insane).

I understand what you mean. Sonic on the Genesis was my first video game I ever played and I played it every day when I was younger. But later I stopped because my dad threw my Genesis away and it was replaced by, Microsoft X-Box which was one of the biggest pieces of turd in gaming history (but the 360 is really nice). And meanwhile when I stopped liking Sonic, all this new Sonic stuff came out like Heroes and all the other new ones. But recently I began watching some Sonic X episodes on Youtube and I wanted to start being a fan again. I miss playing the original games on Sega Genesis but that's when I saw the Sonic Collection game on the PS2 at Gamestop and purchased it. So now I can play all the old games on a game system I like (not that the Genesis was bad, its just mine is gone and now the prices they go for are insane).

Yeah, even playing Mega Collection feels great... Getting the chance to play all your favorite games again... I love the game but it's just not the same as playing on Genesis... Oh, where are you looking at Genesises, I got mine at Amazon.com. They start there for about $19.00...

What'd be great is if the figures were small, around 3 inches tall or so. maybe made out of tough rubbery plastic like Bandai's Robot Damashii/MSiA so they don't break.. A collectors' line in that scale would be awesome. They wouldn't have to be super super posable. I really want a Gi Joe style line for Sonic, where you can have things like playsets and vehicles, it would be really cool to have a Tornado you could put Sonic and Tails in.

I'd try to get them slightly in scale with the 3 3/4" figs that have been coming out, it might not be viable to get them properly in scale because of how small Sonic and Co. are, but if they're a couple of cm shorter it'd still be great.

I like the five inch scale which fits with my old video-game figures (Jazwares MK line, SOTA Street Fighters, my old BanDai Final Fantasy figures), or the Super Posers which fit in with my bigger video-game figures (New and improved Play Arts FF and KH figures). But I'd collect a 3 inch or a 4 inch Sonic line. Mainly cause I'm a Sonic whore.

And I totally hear ya Super Chaos. I get some flak to from my friends for playing the Genesis. But such is life.

I agree, as I stated before I've been playing since Sonic 1 on my bro's Game Gear. I also play on my old systems, my brothers Game Gear is mine now too! lol But despite the flaws of the new games I'm a VERY hard core fan of the series and continue to play the new games because I love the characters. Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy and Eggman are (to me at least) the real main characters of the series. Don't get me wrong I like Shadow,Rouge (insert modern characters here) etc. for there roles in the series too. I would love nothing more then if Sonic Team went the path of Rockman 9 and made classic style games for download on Wii or 360 and can still keep the "New Series" with the characters we have now as the "main releases" I just think we don't need MORE new characters every game, build on characters we already have or bring ones up from the past, make Fang a surprise boss for a real twist Sega! ;)

Oh and Roseweave that sounds cool I'd LOVE Sonic playsets! I have my little Green Hill Zone papercraft siting on my shelf, thats the closest thing we've got right now.

I agree, as I stated before I've been playing since Sonic 1 on my bro's Game Gear. I also play on my old systems, my brothers Game Gear is mine now too! lol But despite the flaws of the new games I'm a VERY hard core fan of the series and continue to play the new games because I love the characters. Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy and Eggman are (to me at least) the real main characters of the series. Don't get me wrong I like Shadow,Rouge (insert modern characters here) etc. for there roles in the series too. I would love nothing more then if Sonic Team went the path of Rockman 9 and made classic style games for download on Wii or 360 and can still keep the "New Series" with the characters we have now as the "main releases" I just think we don't need MORE new characters every game, build on characters we already have or bring ones up from the past, make Fang a surprise boss for a real twist Sega! ;)

Oh and Roseweave that sounds cool I'd LOVE Sonic playsets! I have my little Green Hill Zone papercraft siting on my shelf, thats the closest thing we've got right now.

Nice pic. spunk, "bout time you got one... Thanks for agreeing with me (and you too rocksteady). I'd love to see playsets as well. I never got around to building my Sonic paper crafts (did you find out about them on Sonic Gear too?), but I'm going to edit them (like making more badniks and different posses for the Green Hill zone one, changing the tornado to blue to look like the Tornado 2, and repainting that new Shadow one to look like Super Sonic (changing the shoes will be hard)... I'll send them to you when I'm finished... Who do you guys think the new never before made figure will be? I think It'll be Super Sonic for sure. They already showed a picture so why not?

Wow, I've never heard of folks getting made fun of for using an older system. Then again, me and all my friends grew up with the same stuff, so I am equal to an old man scoffing at the kids about thier fancy new stuff. Don't get me wrong though, I love video games just as much and I play the new stuff...but like you guys have been saying, Sonic hasn't stayed on the cutting edge, though he's tried. Mega Man always goes off on tangents, but the original sticks to the basics. Sonic is all just one continuity, and I can't say that I'm as interested now as I was back when it was just a story in an instruction manual and the characters didn't talk. I didn't need to know much else other than the fact that Sonic had an attitude! Granted, that was the 90's flair, back then, but it worked on me. Superchaos was sayin' that he was 2 in 96. I was 13, so I was well into it. You can tell the kind of pull Sonic has, even for a youngin' like you, Superchaos! The original games were simple fun, easy to play, a little tough to master.

The main problem is the way games are nowadays. People don't like the old fashioned "remember the level" style that Mega Man and Sonic gave birth to. You really gotta play to know what is going to happen. That's not the only thing, of course, but it's an important part that folks complain about now, rather than embrace.

Bah. I don't think I was really going anywhere with that. On a final note, spunk: where'd that avatar come from? Is that Hyper Tails with his super bird brigade? That's awesome.

Wow, I've never heard of folks getting made fun of for using an older system. Then again, me and all my friends grew up with the same stuff, so I am equal to an old man scoffing at the kids about thier fancy new stuff. Don't get me wrong though, I love video games just as much and I play the new stuff...but like you guys have been saying, Sonic hasn't stayed on the cutting edge, though he's tried. Mega Man always goes off on tangents, but the original sticks to the basics. Sonic is all just one continuity, and I can't say that I'm as interested now as I was back when it was just a story in an instruction manual and the characters didn't talk. I didn't need to know much else other than the fact that Sonic had an attitude! Granted, that was the 90's flair, back then, but it worked on me. Superchaos was sayin' that he was 2 in 96. I was 13, so I was well into it. You can tell the kind of pull Sonic has, even for a youngin' like you, Superchaos! The original games were simple fun, easy to play, a little tough to master.

The main problem is the way games are nowadays. People don't like the old fashioned "remember the level" style that Mega Man and Sonic gave birth to. You really gotta play to know what is going to happen. That's not the only thing, of course, but it's an important part that folks complain about now, rather than embrace.

Bah. I don't think I was really going anywhere with that. On a final note, spunk: where'd that avatar come from? Is that Hyper Tails with his super bird brigade? That's awesome.

Ah so at that time you were probably just as much a fan as I was last year (well actually for like the last few years) why do I keep using parentheses so much? The thing that really got me hooked was Sonic Adventure. My dad got it and a Dreamcast for Christmas in 2000 or '99 and I fell i love right away. I had the Genesis games at the time and I played them when I was little but Adventure got me into the series...Oh that avatar is Super Tails. He was only available if you had Sonic 3 & Knuckles. You had to play as Tails, then get the Super Emeralds.. He uses the Flickies to attack badniks... You know what? I think I could be a Sonic Historian lol... I have a question for you guys, what do you think was the hardest or most frustrating second level in Sonic history? I would DEFINITELY 100% say Marble Zone... Here's a little tidbit for you all, did you know more video game controllers were purchased when Sonic the Hedgehog was released in '91 than ever before? My friend told me that after he through his Genesis controller in anger over the summer... I'm sorry for drifting away from the main idea, I just want to get all my ideas out at once...