Jazwares Inc. Awarded Master Toy License For Astro Boy Movie

JayC

Ugh, poor Astro Boy. Jazwares seems to stink up any line they do, with minimal quality and few standards that action figures have created over the recent years. I wish people would stop giving them licences; it makes them think that they make toys. Guess it makes sense, in a way, since Astro Boy was one of the inspirations for Mega Man. It's only fair that Jazwares should be able to screw up another toy line related to Mega Man.

Ugh, poor Astro Boy. Jazwares seems to stink up any line they do, with minimal quality and few standards that action figures have created over the recent years. I wish people would stop giving them licences; it makes them think that they make toys. Guess it makes sense, in a way, since Astro Boy was one of the inspirations for Mega Man. It's only fair that Jazwares should be able to screw up another toy line related to Mega Man.

Wow, so angry?

I hope once you see pictures you will change your mind.

I thought the Mortal Kombat figure were awesome, especially Goro...of course I sculpted him.

Be sure to check out next months issue of ToyFare for our Sonic Unleashed figure!

One of the best figures so far!

Wow, so angry?

I hope once you see pictures you will change your mind.

I thought the Mortal Kombat figure were awesome, especially Goro...of course I sculpted him.

Be sure to check out next months issue of ToyFare for our Sonic Unleashed figure!

One of the best figures so far!

Ah, now see, that's just the angry ramblings of a fanboy who hasn't talked to anyone directly from the company. Granted, I should just shut my mouth if I don't have all the information...

Anyhow, my main gripe was with the Mega Man line, which really disappointed me. It was shoddy (at first), and the sculpting was awkward and not close to the artist’s designs at all in terms of proportions. The details were spot on, which is what irked me so much with the Vile figure. He had all of his little details, but he was a gangly mess and looked like a dollar store figure.

Don't get me wrong though; I agree with you on the Mortal Kombat line, and let me say that your work was fine (as well as the rest of the work on the Mortal Kombat line). This only irritated me more, however, because: where were you (and anyone else who sculpted the MK line) for the Mega Man line? Jazwares craps the heck out of Mega Man, leaves it in the dust, then makes some fine art pieces in the MK line (especially considering Reptile; fantastic sculpt). Even with that to consider, though, there's still my comment on shoddiness. The MK line is worlds better than the MM line, but the plastic was still rubbery (Sub Zero's arm just kinda dangles there) and they pull funny stuff like giving Noob Saibot weapons and no open hands (classic dollar store quality).

All in all, Jazwares is at least consistent. The toys are comparatively cheaper in price to the rest of the market, and I guess it shows, but then you have to consider the strange shipping (you might find Jazwares product, you might not). Overall, I'm just displeased with a toy company that can't keep up to a few standards.

Okay, that's better. Let's talk...

First of all I agree with you on Mega Man.

Mega Man were some of the first figures Jazwares made.

These were mainly designed by engineers in China.

Jazwares got smart and hired action figure people, like Jesse DeStacio to help.

Jesse's contribution was the Retro Roto line which was the best!

Jesse is with Mezco now.

I came on during Mortal Kombat.

Which if you see them from the first figures to last, the line improved a ton!

We have been getting better and better!

Now look at the Werehog, that is a solid figure!

Astro Boy will also push us to the next level as well.

We try to balance between a decent price and good quality. Especially these days.

I am huge collector and it hurts me sometimes to pay $17.00 for a figure.

I can buy a G.I. Joe vehicle for that price!

Their is a balance we just have to manage it.

Distribution is something I can not help. All I can do is give my advise as a collector.

Besides, most of the time we do not control that it's the retailers that do their own distribution.

As far as girl figure I agree with you!!!

However we are fighting a mentality from the 80's.

When we did Samurai Champloo we all fought hard to get Fu made.

And guess who was the worst seller...Fu.

So that did not help our cause.

But like everyone says if the fans want it then let us know.

Thanks,

Joe

I hope this does good. I liked some of Jazwares products. Mortal Kombat line was great. It was a shame itgot canned. Sonic Unleashed sounds awesome. Can't wait to see those.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey is Jazwares only making the one figure (Sonic The Werehog) or are they making a line of figures for Sonic Unleashed? I would be heart broken to see such a great Sonic figure as a "one off" and not a line of our favorite Sonic characters like Sonic, Super Sonic, Amy Rose, Tails (and maybe his plane), Shadow, Rogue, Cream, Knuckles, Silver, Blaze, Omega, Espio, and Eggman etc. as well as the new ones in the game like Chip.

In response to jamaro:

Alrighty, it's cool to hear some background info on what went on with the Mega Man line. I suppose that line just suffered from being one of Jazwares' first lines, and I can understand how anyone's first try at something is never going to be the best. I did get behing the retro roto line, so I didn't have any complaints there, other than usually liking action figures better than mostly static collectables (it's a small gripe though, because Mega Man has very few products and the roto line was very good looking; Proto Man and Shadow Man still stand with the best of my stuff today).

I also agree on Mortal Kombat, as I said. The line really did improve alot from the first figures, and I can understand trying to keep a line within affordable range; I was pleased with that, and understood that I was getting what I paid for. Granted, none of my MK figures have broken, so it gives me even less to complain about (especially since Toybiz marvel legends around that time were way more and breaking quite often). I guess my only gripe was what I had mentioned above, about Mega Man biting the dust while MK improved. Hopefully Mega Man will be given another chance in the future.

Now, as for the Sonic figure, I just saw that this weekend; I had no idea that was Jazwares! It looks fantastic, and if that's a sign of Jazwares' future product quality, then I'll be paying more attention to the Astro Boy line as it comes out.

Thanks for talkin' with me about this! Contrary to my original post, I don't like hating on something without having all the info, but Mega Man is one of my favorite games that I've been playin' for years, so I kinda took the line's flop personally. I'll stop my Jazwares bashing from here on out, and start paying attention to your new product as it comes.

I just found the new Jazwares sonic line of figures! Unfortunately there all repacks of the old Toy Island figures right now (I still bought them because I want to support Jazwares Sonic licence) is there any chance we will see new sculpts of any of the characters I previously listed or any of Sonics other friends/enemies in future waves? The Werehog is a fantastic sculpt and the sonic community would love to see those characters made by Jazwares sculptors!

I just found the new Jazwares sonic line of figures! Unfortunately there all repacks of the old Toy Island figures right now (I still bought them because I want to support Jazwares Sonic licence) is there any chance we will see new sculpts of any of the characters I previously listed or any of Sonics other friends/enemies in future waves? The Werehog is a fantastic sculpt and the sonic community would love to see those characters made by Jazwares sculptors!

Thanks for your support!!!

Werehog is "our" first figure in the Sonic line. In order to get to market fast we asked our friends at Toy Island to lend us their tools. In the short time we had we tried to make as many "improvements" as we could. Things like paint and tighter joints.

The plan has always been to make our own line, which is what we are working on right now. Our sculptors are hard at work making new Sonic figures. Some that have never been made before. We will continue in the 5" arena and to also work on smaller scale as well. I hope to show you guys pictures by January!

Thanks again,

Joe

Sounds cool Jamaro. I'm realy excited for these. Sonic has been my favorite video game since it first came out. When cn we expect these figures to come out?

So excited! I have been a Sonic fan since Sonic 1 came out and my brother left his Game Gear alone on his bed lol. and I've played every Sonic game since. Thanks Joe for that great info I cant wait to see the pictures of the upcoming figures!

With the rerelease of the Super Poser Sonic the Hedgehog figure, is there any chance we will see a rerelease of the Super Poser Shadow? Also will you consider releasing the, unforunatelly canceled, Super Poser Knuckles and Tails?

Hey jamaro...

As long time Sonic fans, There are many people (of which I am one of) who would like to see the robots and vehicles of the Sonic universe portrayed as action figures. I mean it would be awesome to have the Eggpod to put our Eggman/Robotnik figures in. And the same thing goes for the Tornado as spunk mentioned. I would love to have the Tornado to put Tails in... I would also love to see Metal Sonic, a new E-102 Gamma, E-123 Omega (again as spunk mentioned), and maybe even E-101 Beta and other characters from Sonic Adventure... I was just wondering if you could pitch these ideas or even design these... Thanks for taking the time for reading this...

Hey jamaro...

As long time Sonic fans, There are many people (of which I am one of) who would like to see the robots and vehicles of the Sonic universe portrayed as action figures. I mean it would be awesome to have the Eggpod to put our Eggman/Robotnik figures in. And the same thing goes for the Tornado as spunk mentioned. I would love to have the Tornado to put Tails in... I would also love to see Metal Sonic, a new E-102 Gamma, E-123 Omega (again as spunk mentioned), and maybe even E-101 Beta and other characters from Sonic Adventure... I was just wondering if you could pitch these ideas or even design these... Thanks for taking the time for reading this...

I second the E figures. Those designs were always stellar. But more importantly I totally second Metal Sonic. We NEED a Metal Sonic. He is a fan favorite and I'm amazed he has not been given proper plastic treatment.

I second the E figures. Those designs were always stellar. But more importantly I totally second Metal Sonic. We NEED a Metal Sonic. He is a fan favorite and I'm amazed he has not been given proper plastic treatment.

I totally agree... I have no clue why Toy Island didn't make him for Sonic Heroes or at least something... hopefully jazwares knows what we want... I'm really enthusiastic about them getting the license for the Sonic figures and I hope they can do something good with it... Oh and they did have a little statue type figure of Metal Sonic many years ago, but I wouldn't count it as a real figure as it is horrid and little effort appears to be put into it...... Heres a link to a picture of the thing...http://www.videogamemm.com/thehorde/main.p...ageViewsIndex=1

Ha ha ha! I have one of those! I agree with Rock Steady about the Super Poser Knuckles and Tails and with Superchaos2585 on the Metal sonic figure and the Eggpod as well as Tail's plain The Tornado! I would also like to see a wider range of characters (See my other post) :)

Hey jamaro...

Oh man, I'd be up for that! I always wanted an eggpod; used to draw all sorts of them (making up my own boss fights) back in elementary school. I'm also a big fan of robot versions of the hero, so Metal Sonic has always been a fave. It would also be really cool to see little multipacks of minature bots from the games over the years.

Oh man, I'd be up for that! I always wanted an eggpod; used to draw all sorts of them (making up my own boss fights) back in elementary school. I'm also a big fan of robot versions of the hero, so Metal Sonic has always been a fave. It would also be really cool to see little multipacks of minature bots from the games over the years.

I drew those too... It looks like most Sonic fans think alike lol... You're right , that would be awesome if they'd make multipacks with the badnicks and other small robots... Well, I hope Jazwares'll listen to us. Oh yeah, this whole conversation has nothing to do with the Astroboy figures so let's start a thread about the Sonic figures..