MOVIE STORM SHADOW AND DESTRO

Jeff

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, these don't really bother me at all. In fact I'm happy to see that Storm Shadow will be getting his traditional mask at some point in the film. Destro looks fine. Did people actually expect him to be walking around in that open chest disco suit? I also have no doubt that he will have his mask in the film. It's just unrealistic for a man to be walking around conducting business with it on 24/7. Breaker could use a full beard though. I kind of figured that was the point in taking a guy from Tennessee and making him Middle Eastern.

i just posted about the pics @loll@ you got me by the minute.

i dont want to see that movie that much anymore. i hate what they did with storm shadow. i saw the first power rangers movie and even they had better ninja costumes then this. forget it. the joes all in black? thats a stupid move. i bet that a lot of fans will be dissapointed. the movie can be good but dumb decisions had been made.

I'm still looking forward to seeing this movie. Everyone was bemoaning the Transformers movie last year and it blew everyone's doors off so I'm still optimistic.

not bad....ill wait till the movie comes out to say how i like it or not

You know, it really sounded like this movie was promising once upon a time.

Why is EVERY character dressed in black??? To not give ANY of them their distinctive and recognizable look is really a shame. They cast the perfect Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow... nearly everything since then has been bad news IMO.

I wouldn't even mind that much except that they will probably crush the 25th figure line and start only producing figures based on the movie. Otherwise I could simply ignore the movie and go about my business. I worry we will never see any of the good looking costumes and familiar facial features of the classic characters again.

Any truth to the rumor that the black outfits are for a special "stealth" scene? At least that way there would still be hope they might have something recognizable in the movie. But if true, why would they keep releasing images of their crappy black outfits?

Oh man, I hate all the black suits!!! I wish they would have left the black just for Snake Eyes. Heavy Duty looks good, although I wish he would have been Roadblock instead. Storm Shadow looks lame, Destro's okay although I'm anxious to see him in his mask.

New movie images are out. Storm Shadow looks like something between a member of the KKK and something out of the Matrix and Destor looks like a greasy car salesman

Storm Shadow

Destro

Breaker

Heavy Duty

God this thing looks terrible.

I think they taken down the HD pic. Save the images whil you still can! LMAO

The baroness and SE are probably the figures that they will sell the most in regards to how close they are to the comic and cartoon.

Not sayin that the others won't sell, but just that there are some folks like me, who does not buy movie figs unless it is SW or if they are close to the original concept like movie ironman.

Yeah, I'm gonna be the one to do it.

"Oh noes!!!1!! The pictures don't look like I think they should!!!11!! DOOOOOM"

Geez, so screw if the acting is great, special effects and story are all A++++++++, the costumes don't scream "I'm an old 80's cartoon", so the movie must suck.

Yeah, I know, people complained about Transformers too, I liked it, and I grew up watching it AND G.I. Joe. Friend of mine is an insane TF Fan, and he liked the TF Movie. Thousands of people like it because, *gasp* it was a good movie (and b/c it wasn't done by Uwe Boll.)

I know theres always gonna be the whiney "doom-sayers" whenever a "popular-franchise" movie comes out, but really, get a grip, some things do hafta be changed for the times and so they don't look, well, like an 80's cartoon.

Now yes, I do also have issues with the pictures too;

1: I'm hoping that S.S. picture is only at one small part of the movie because really, how hard is it to have a ninja dress like.....a ninja???

2: Destro does not look imposing. At all. Not even menacing. Not even counting the obvious fact that hey, no mask, Destro doesn't even look like he could hold his own in a fight.

3: I have no other complaints, the G.I. Joes should have updated logical military type garb, and not be running around in their street clothes.

>>>>>Commence bashing of me.......wait for it......wait........now<<<<<

Yeah, I'm gonna be the one to do it.

"Oh noes!!!1!! The pictures don't look like I think they should!!!11!! DOOOOOM"

Geez, so screw if the acting is great, special effects and story are all A++++++++, the costumes don't scream "I'm an old 80's cartoon", so the movie must suck.

>>>>>Commence bashing of me.......wait for it......wait........now<<<<<

How do you know the acting is great and the special effects are A++++? Most the actors in this thing seem to be B listers at best and the images are the only thing we remotely have to go on for special effects. The things I've been reading about the plot are nothing remotely true to what I remember GIJoe as, granted those may turn out to be false reports so we will have to wait and see, but the fact is from what has been presented to us so far, it does not look promising at all and having negative opinions at this point seem far more realistic then some claim that Transformers turned out good so naturally this movie will to.

Not only does Destro look lame, I think it's kinda lame we see his face at all. IMO we should never see Cobra Commander, Snake-Eyes or Destro's real faces. Not seeing their real faces is was makes them so imposing and mysterious and showing their real faces like that just takes away from the character IMO.

I know theres always gonna be the whiney "doom-sayers" whenever a "popular-franchise" movie comes out, but really, get a grip, some things do hafta be changed for the times and so they don't look, well, like an 80's cartoon.

Hey now, there is no reason to call me out since it I didn't say anythin bad about the ima---oh, my bad, I have looked at the "Doom Sayers" wrong. LOL @smilepunch@

What's up with Storm Shadow wearing a white suit jacket with long tails?

And I've got to agree, the all black look didn't work for X-Men and it still doesn't work.

What a let down when compared to the Snake Eyes photos from earlier.....