• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can anyone help me track down these DC Universe figures??

I've been looking like crazy for a Gentleman Ghost, Guardian and Hawkgirl to no avail. I've heard Target has been getting them but I haven't seen any at all.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'm willing to pay more than retail for them, so please lmk.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Didn't even know this place existed.....I should wander out more.....I found more 1st waves of 30th ann GI joe at the Wallyworld off of South 202 and Gilbert plenty of pegs filled.....butt they're not in the system yet so they may give you a hard time...

Thanks, before the recession hit, just about anything that looked cool, my response to anyone asking was "little plastic men and robots" sooo 1st is my love for the 80s classic Joes & TF's, MOTU, Mask, StarWars.....but now that everything and anything is for sale at higher prices (on ebay and CL) just what I can find on clearance or garage sales.....I'm the guy haunting the Ross's/Marshalls/TJmaxx/Wallyworld ect...so right now I like hunting up POC/30th ann Joes, the Occasional MU-I had to have Skar he looked great, I like the new Thundercats figs I went to a closeout shop and picked up Cheetara for 4 bux, and I like Gundams but only if the price is right, I'm unemployed and sell my less loved toys to buy new ones while I'm out job hunting, I stop by nearby stores and hunt for more toyz I prolly don't need, but its therapy and goot stuff. I rarely find stuff at Thrift stores but I do find a gem here and there so I'm also a thrift store junky. I found the Old Joe rolling platform "The General and Shuttle" for a Dollar fitee at a garage sale and last summer I found a used GI joe whale for a quaater, I even bought the newer Grayskull at a thrift store for 5 bux! Also found 80sSkyfire & Shockwave for 10 bux atta thriftstore about a year ago.....ahh good times.......

That's pretty awesome man! It's true, you can find some gems at thrift stores and garage sales!

I used to hit all kinds of places myself, back when I was collecting every toyline under the sun lol. I've slowed down a lot in the past coupla years though, my main line is DC Universe, but I still get a few other figures here and there, like 1/6 Star Wars, the new 8" Thundercats, etc.

I used to be huge into Gundams, I have a bunch of the 1/100 HG kits and a couple of the 1/60 MG kits as well.

I know how ya feel on the collecting, I still am a man obsessed sometimes but I flip a coin now for some purchases, & if there's any doubt in my mind at all unless its really frickin kewl and the price is right......I'm scoping out the local frys for a 30th ann Gen Hawk. Wally worlds and Target just didn't seem to get that guy in my part of the valley. Man I hear the DC line is hard to collect at they screw around with waves as well, maybe its just every line that has problems and we just don't see it. I snagged up a DC Demon for 6 bux at a closeout awhile back it is awesome, I have alot of my stuff still MOC but some things do make it out of the packaging, my collection is half of my stuff when I move so I start to wonder about myself sometimes haha. When I moved here I gave all my Gundams to a friend of mine, his kids loved em sooo it was kewl....I like the new star wars (I picked up Bane & Kit Fisto)line as well but its just a lil more expensive than the Joe line so I have to draw the line sometimes, I also dig the reissues of TF's Generations they have wheeljack and warpath (I was salivating on em at Walmart the other day), but 12 bux is steep, I did see a Wreckgar at Ross one time I shoulda jumped but oh wellll.....anewayyys Good luck on future hunts if there's anything your looking for let me know I'm out and about alot looking for jobs and such & I wander into alot of box stores....

Hey thanks for the offer bro, I can't say no when someone keeps an eye out for new figures lol.

Yeah, I used to buy Star Wars religiously, but it got to be too much....I still have bags and bags of Clones and Stormtroopers (I was a big army builder), so I just quit cold turkey. It was rough at first but I managed to stop.

Now I just get the occasional 12" figure, like today I got Commander Cody, and man, he is sweet!

The new Transformers I actually never got into, I dug when they did the Transformers classics I think they were called? When they did Starscream, Prime, Megatron, those are the last TFs I bought. Oh and the Transformers Masterpieces too, those things are amazing, but expensive, but there's nothing better than a 12" Megatron that transforms into the classic gun.

Good luck on your hunts to you as well!

This may be moot but Fry's was running a special on Action Figs buy 2 get 1 free, on MU, TF's SWars, GI Joe( its hit or miss weather its 30th, or POC or ROC soooo good luck with allll that) Power Rangers, DCUC, and whatever else passes for toyz these days, it all varies on price I picked up 3 dudes, after the deal $5 & some change each, I snagged up 30th Cobra reg, Stalker mon, & POC Jungle Bat (he's a camo enthusiast, just blends right into the jungle, why I even heard Lady Jaye tell Flint "it was like the jungle came alive and took Barbecue", poor BBQ) sooo that's that at the grocers. Also all you Star Wars collectors or(the loose joes and Star wars were buy one get one freeeeee) Army builders I stopped by the comic shop in Tempe just a literal beer bottles throw from the ASU campus ( I didn't see Tosh anywhere) its called Pop Culture Paradise, they had some loose joes out in ziploc bags buy one get one free, they guys there were very cool in helping me find figs (digging through I scored a POC Alley Viper, 25th Crimson Vip/fredhead, Skyduster(love the jump pack) & Joe Reg Yellow Scuba gear), they have tons of Marv. Legends there and DC figs as well, even some of the GI joe 25th battle packs that were at Ross for abit, its a small place and you may have to circle the block to find parking but it was very cool for hunting, just a heads up all you madmen in the valley of oven.....@firedevil@

Pop Culture Paradise....I've been meaning to go there, but that place is waaaay too far from my neck of the woods (I live in Avondale).

I think it's the same place that used to be in downtown Glendale, back when it was called Pop Culture Classics. I used to go all the time, and I got most of my vintage MOTU figures there.

There's also 2 other places I go to as well, one's my local comic shop Greg's Comics(hours vary so call ahead), its wayyyy over here off of Alma School & Guadalupe. He's really reasonable on prices, he even gives discounts after abit, I've bought quite a few things there over the months, I picked up the 25th ann Cobra Nightwatch for 20bux, a MP Skywarp for 12Bux (still boxed), and numerous 25th Ann joes for 5bux, that I missed out on, he's got a healthy collection of Toybiz Marvel and early 2000's Star Wars figs, Spawn & lots other cool stuff, plus they get quite abit of vintage stuff, I've seen lotsa SWars & playsets, Joes, Thundercats, MOTU & vehicles, TF's.......and there's the AZ collectors Marketplace off of 7th ave and Camelback its only Saturdays from 10-6pm, I snagged up my 25th Ann. Doc for 10bux( I missed out on the mail in offer, I wuz late by a month I'm just amaazing sometimes when it comes to procrastination) & an extra 25th stinger for 8bux, an 80's Joe Wolverine w/covergirl for 20bux, couple of Crimson vipers loose in bags.......

Heyyy the ToY GoDs Musta heard me I was outttt today in force, unstoppable and unrelenting but man I spent some gas scooting around the bend. After 2 am a friend of mine was bored, so I talked her into driving my bad eyesight around in the early morning hours reserved for vampires and emo' s still dazed on Mt Dew benders. We went to 5 Walllmahhts & nada on the Joe Renegades & very few 30th to go round mostly just Stalker (new MVP warmer? who's to say) a few IG's & SB's as well, plenty of kewl stuff in the clearance aisles but not down enough to bite, I saw a few Halo 2 packs going for 10bux/ one place even had the old Giant man/Faux Thor for 17$ (still to spensive for mah blood) buttt I spotted at least 3 Hydra soldiers (even though I bitched about not seeing them anywhere I didn't buy em go figures) and 2 Red Skulls, none of the new Marvel Uni-waves coming out (a week ago I spotted them but their long gone now, oddly enough some guy here on CL is scalping them for outrageousness for five figs he wanted 90bux) anewayyys lotsa those REX figs?(looks like for the tot set) were 2bux not bad, even the How to train your dragon stuff playsets are 4 a piece. DCUC is still 10 dollars but just various figs. Didn't find anything to jump at...................but I rented Paul so it wasn't all bad, it was nice to bask in the predawn silence of the walmahht............fast forward to later on after 8 am the Terrgets open up I figured they would have something going on, nope nadda zilch, okay I'm a man obsessed & unemployed so I had time today, I don't go out often like I used to so I make use of the gas, I went to 4 Targets, 3 more walmarts, a TJ maxx, 2 Ross's, a Marshalls, 2 Tuesday Mornings (what no Kmarts?), and one box closeout store and came up empty handed, At the one super Targ I went to an employee took pity on me to look for the the Ren. Wave but nada, he even checked to see when a next shipment of Joes would come in (I gave him my puppy dog face which is alot like my constipation face).....and he didn't even know when they would get anything? that's a lot of commitment to your collectors Terget (yes I know they don't make squat off of toyz but isn't a manchilds joy enough to motivate them?) TJ & Marshalls-still had plenty of ROC/25th ann but no Clear Wraith or Kamakura, Walmarts hit and miss w/the 30th 1st wave (Stalker is seriously running a campaign to become this season's MVP), Ross- still had the POC Mechs in small numbers plus a few old TFs that looked kewl, Tuesdays still had the multi-cultural carded Wolfhound & Black Hiss and few of the smaller POC vehicle new Ferret w/Leatherneck, one I went to even had a strange wave of Iron Man I had never seen a War Machine w/ a removable faceplate with Rhodes underneath? Musta been from oohhh Canada but I let it go cause I already snagged up a War Mahhcheeen wayy back.............well no Renegades today maybe Friday......good luck hunters

Still no Joe Renegades iss okay I'll get by on online reviews and bask in the joy & glory of others more fortunate (cmon' Wallyworld & Target wouldn't you love to sell those toyz to someone like me?). I did what any reasonably depressed and antsy collector does, I went garage saleing....I went with mah GF, we started out late, took my lil niece too, we were trying to teach her how to count change and bargain with the best and worst of em. We were nearing the end of our line as it was getting skin cancer blistering hot out by 11 am soo my GF as if by some unknown force pulled into a strange neighborhood to check out one last sale (after telling her that if we didn't get to a restroom soon I may have to find a new bladder at walmart), so while I was dancing and wincing in pain as we pulled up to the sale which was dead as grunge, I spied toyz sprawled over a large table, I pushed my gf outta the way as she unbuckled my niece from her kiddie seat.....for 2 bucks I scored a reissue Jabba the Hut, Vintage MOTU Prince Adam, & I'm not sure but reissue Star Wars Hammerhead, Jawa, R5, & half a yoda, half a clone trooper, now the Hammerhead and Jawa have the dates (1979?) stamped on the legs but just look too new to be vintage? it brings pain when I hafta think about it, but also I snagged up quite a few little Transformers planes (newer generation cause even I have no idea who they are) and Mego blocks Master Chief/Wraith figs, a whole lotta Lego's......I paid 50 cents for Jabba & a quaata a piece for Hammerhead and Prince Adam, buttt when my GF asked her how much for the lego's and random toyz she just said "oh all that stuff is free take what you want", I almost evacuated right there, I was sweating and dancing so much my niece was laughing at me, she's such a sweety pie she helped me dig through the pile and sort out the lego's and star wars stuff, she even scored a couple of randoms ROC joes and spongebob toys for herself.........so we gave the lady a buck for all the free swag as we felt a lil guilty at scoring a lot kewl stuff, I insisted but she even said I was just going to throw that stuff out anyways, wow soo all you hunters and madmen out there keep watching the driveways, they're more treasure & trophies out there....

• 3 weeks later...

Well, blessed are the small time charlies, I went oooooot to the west valley over the hallladay. My intentions were to spend my lil moneys on anything kewl I could find at the boxstore circuses there. But I spied a lone garage sale and decided to detour......(trust your hunter instincts people) and to my suprise I found the Triple T! (but nary a Sgt Slaughter in sight) its okay it was still intact but missing the cover over the motor, but just as I remembered it in all its marauder glory. The lovely silver haired cougar splained to me that her son was down on toys and up on a real life. I told her well I've been down that road so I'm back to toys and the hell with reality (or the matrix, whatevs). She had some kewler Joe vehicles mainly near the end of 80s era soo I couldn't really remember the names (sacrilege I know) all were 5 (kinda spensive for a g-sale but when would I ever see it for cheeper I ask yous?) bux a piece. I splained my endless wanderlust for deals and 80s toys(in mah Sid the Sloth voice) and she said she had other items that weren't Joes buttt maybe they would hit home. M.A.S.K. toys aplenty mah gaaahd!!! I had never seen so many in one place, (I could never afford any of those toyz when I was wee lad, I got the Condor thru a trade deal once & inherited a Stinger missing all its parts) nothing MOB butttt I used up my grocery cash & the money I still owed Fat Tony (he's gonna get my kneecaps for an early xmas prez) to secure those beauties. I was speechless and ready to evacuate, I suppressed (for the 1st time this year) my atomic happy dance, kept mah sweaty fat guy kool and started deliberations on the whole lot of em for a decent price as I know those toyz are frickin expensive on Ebay. So we passed the paper back and forth & came up with an acceptable number. I left smiling big with a box full of MASK and some random MOTU dudes + 3 old Go-bots Rock/Transformers (really? kids in the 80s? we were so gullible we played with robots that turned into rocks? dass alot of dimp). All in all I snagged up at least 14 mask figs, and the Buzzard, Raven, Piranha Cycle, Manta, Hurricane, Stinger, Rhino!!, Bulldog, Condor, Razorback, Bullet, Switchblade & the Iguana........& one lone Chuck Norris Karate Commandos Super Ninja & a partridge in a pear tree......soooo my Xmas has come and gone whew.....@merryxmas@

• 10 months later...

Hookay last week at Garage Sales I snagged up a DC Justice League Unlimited (I'm DC illiterate so when they are a more obscure character I'm atta loss for a name) and Gobot Jeepers Creepers (sure I know most of my Gobots (jeez like 20 years later) I'm an idiot savant when it comes to useless info), Mr Creeper's only failing is his arms sag which makes the wheels sag outward but still koolio as I used to have him till my mom sold him at her garage sale (Great Toy Un-fair of 89'). Mom mom took the F (no pun intended sickos) outta fun when it came to weeding out my old now non-existent collection. Those 2 were fitee cents apeice (50 cents to norms). Let's see what else.....This week I scored very awesomely Marvel Legends BAF Beta Ray Bill (sans Modok Butt-jet pack butt with Comic still intact). I also scored Spidermin Origins Scorpion, Rhino, Mysterio, & Spidermin (another line? I'm not sure) Doc Ock & Demogoblin? w/were all 5$ apeice or 5figs for 20$!! Outstanding gentlemen seller (kudos to you and your garage sale, he had all kinds of kewl stuff Marvel, Star wars & WWF (wrestlers are animals too) figs galore all for the same price. Incidentally I went back to see if I had missed anything, most of his stuff had cleared out, I was onna roll that morning I stopped and dug around a small box of random broken toyz at another garage sale & I came up with a re-issue Constructicon Mixmaster? maybe related to Mixmaster Mike? distant couzins? and a Japanese Matchbox Passenger Stair Truck for Fitee cent a piece as well.....there's Pawtuckett Gold in them there hills, deserts, whathaveyou......much luck to the weary hunters and madmen......

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to share a cool story. I have a buddy of mine who randomly collects late 80s early 90s stuff, mostly toyz. I hunt around a lot for a guy who has limited access to a vehicle & time. I always manage to get lucky and run across items at Comic stores, Box Stores and G-sales, he likes craigslist but that can be more miss than hit IMO. The last time he was over at my place he purchased an Pirates of the Caribbean Ship and a few figs that I found at a G-sale for $5! I gave him the same deal I found it at. I don't have room for the ship so I sold it to him so his son could enjoy it. He asked me "how the H do you find this stuff?" I told him I get lucky from time to time at G'sales. So I convinced him to go G'saleing this past weekend. My girl and I get up at 530 and head out at 6am on the Saturdays that we want to go. He was late by 2 hours but decided to follow us in his car. After 3 sales an no luck he wasn't having fun. I felt bad but he did want to tag along. So literally at the last sale we stop at I find a medium sized box of Marvel Figs from the 90's lines. The lady wants $2 each and I'm not finding anything so I move on and my buddy takes over, he & his son are going crazy they just can't believe how many figs this lady is selling. I purchased the Bring on the Bad Guys graphic novel 1976', Marvel Origins 1975' & a random Hulk Graphic Novel all for $4, so I know she's reasonable. Now I head back to my buddy and he's struggling I can tell he want's em all but he's only got a few bucks. He's not one to wheel and deal so I just asked her...well I told her.....We'd like to buy them all if you want to give us a price, she says how much do you wanna give me...I usually say $1 if anyone ever says that to me...she laughs and I say well I'm not rich, she says I'll take $20 for all of it.......My buddy loses his mind, he nearly stumbles over his son and his own feet to give her the cash. He had that look of supreme joy on his face. My gf leaned over and said "see...that's how you look when you find kool shiii"......it was worth it to sweat it out, waste gas money & find absolutely nothing myself (my buddy did give me a Prowler fig. that has retractable fingers) just to see another fellow collector hit paydirt.....after all was said and done he had purchased over 60 figures, all in ziplock bags w/their accessories intact from that G-sale & he regained a few figs that he had lost as a child.....he's a true believer now Stan.....

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE