DC Multiverse Ares wave (Wonder Woman movie figures)

yojoebro82

We saw pics of this wave at toyfair and I thought they all looked great except for one glaring omission, a standard WW figure. Well it looks like that is no longer the case. Someone on another board found this pic, looks great!

895323a_zpswkq7vgqy.png

Same as the BvS WW except for new shield, seemingly better lasso, and a head sculpt that's about 100 times better. Sign me up!

The wave (minus the figure above) is on ebay now through TRU. I think regular WW may be an exclusive of some store.....anyone know for sure?

No clue, but Mattel does love their Multiverse Movie-Line exclusives, so it's more than likely. Plus, didn't Walmart already announce a bus-load of WW exclusives (YJ Wonder Girl, DKR WW, New 52 WW, etc.)? Then again, this may be a separate figure to be released through the regular Multiverse line ala Jail-Bird Lex.

Picked up the set of four standard movie figures today at TRU. I am on Easter break next week so I think I'll wait to open them then. I like having opening parties on days off.

As far as looks go, I think these may be Mattel's best live action effort yet. I think they've got DOJ, Suicide Squad, and CW Arrow and Flash all beat. Chris Pine was the one I was most skeptical about and even he turned out great.

Still no solid word on where standard WW will be exclusive to.

I actually picked up the 12" version today. I like her for the most part, but you can definitely see where they cut corners to make the figure cost out. The legs seem really cheap compared to the rest of the figure. The articulation isn't that good and the knee joints are strange looking, almost to the point of being distracting. I can sort of forgive these things considering the price they're going for, but they're also really cheaply painted. One foot looks like the paint was quickly sprayed on. The other has a couple boot straps that were just left unpainted. Other than that, I also think they could've used a wash (which you can actually see on the figure pictured on the back of the box). It would've made a lot of difference. It's just weird because the top half was painted very well. It looks fantastic. But the legs almost look like they belong to a completely different figure.

Menalippe is available for preorder. I don't know who she is, but I bought her :)

https://www.amazon.com/Comics-Multiverse-Wonder-Menalippe-Figure/dp/B01MTKZQNI/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1493209497&sr=8-13&keywords=DC+Multiverse+Wonder+Woman

I opened up my wave from TRU and I'm really digging this line so far. I really hope getting that standard WW isn't too tough.

Only Mattel would make a standard WW a store exclusive. Hopefully there's plenty to go around when Toys R Us releases it.

Sort of makes sense I guess. There's bound to be some overlap with the Justice League line, which you just KNOW will have a Wonder Woman figure.

Maybe they wanted to minimize any conflict of interest.

Only Mattel would make a standard WW a store exclusive. Hopefully there's plenty to go around when Toys R Us releases it.

No...not ONLY Mattel. Off the top of my head, Iron Man 2 and Avengers Marvel Legends were Walmart exclusives. I'm sure I could think of more if I had to. It's kind of a bummer but not unheard of.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far all I'm finding are the 12" figures at Wally-World. I might've even pulled the trigger, but I HATE action features.

Amen, brother...I wasn't aware the twelve-inchers sport action features. Easy pass...and that's too bad, because Wonder Woman looks pretty good, and I almost bought one the other day. Oh well, the money I save can go towards more Multiverse figures...

Is this the 12" Multiverse WW? What are the action features? The one I got didn't have any. Much better figure now that I added a wash to the legs, by the way.

Not all the dolls have them, but a couple do: Bow-Wielding WW has an arrow shooting feature, Shield-Block WW springs forward when you push her downward on a hard surface (so many jokes), etc.