Multiverse King Shark Wave

yojoebro82

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=27741

These figures aren't looking too bad, particularly CW Hawkman and Burnside Batgirl (who looks a lot better than what I initially remember). Too bad the articulation looks to be the same old-same old. I can tell that ab crunch on Batgirl is going to give about a 1 degree bend. Hawkman's looks like it MIGHT afford a degree of crunch that will actually matter but remains to be seen.

My biggest question is whether I'll get this Batgirl or the DCD Icons which is also awesome but ridiculously priced.

If I may do a little bit of fan-boyish gushing here, I remember when the fandom thought it was a major accomplishment getting Superman in the pre-DCSH 6" Batman line. Now, we're discussing a toyline wave with Jay Garrick/Flash (sort of), King Shark, and Hawkman . . . all based on their appearances on hit LIVE ACTION television series.

I'd still rather have a King Shark based on his comic appearance, Calafiore Secret Six, preferably. Ahhh, dreams.

Not me. I remember back when my only exposure to Superman was the Superfriends cartoon and comic books. Then Mom introduced me to reruns of the George Reeves series and it was like my head exploded. It was Superman, but he was REAL!

Since then, provided the figures are decent, I'll always go for the live action interpretation . . . especially since special effects technology has advanced far enough past the days of green make-up and yak-hair wigs that we can GET live action versions of wiggy characters like King Shark.

This entire wave is looking more and more attractive to me.

I asked the family for the DCC Batgirl for Christmas but then called it off after seeing the $60 price tag. Felt a bit guilty even asking for that as a gift. I think this BG would fit my needs just fine. The rest of this line is looking pretty sharp too though if King Shark's paint apps look that good for the final product, I'll be very surprised.

This wave looks to be a vast improvement over the recent ones, I'm a little bit impressed despite the fact I don't love the characters that much to get it. That said I agree with Satam, I'll always prefer comic looks over movie and TV series ones. I guess if I want a King Shark based on the GL No Fear storyline which I liked, I can always get the DC Direct Green Lantern series version, not much articulation but awesome sculpt nonetheless.

I really hate that Batgirl design, but I'd probably get it even if I didn't have to to complete K-Shark (it IS Batgirl... even if she does look like a twelve-year-old from a bad 80's music video).

On the other hand, I'll have to do some REAL soul-searching before I pull the trigger on that God-awful Joker or the Bat-Gordon. Then again, I bought not one, but two versions of Eisenberg Luthor, so who knows.

This wave looks to be a vast improvement over the recent ones, I'm a little bit impressed despite the fact I don't love the characters that much to get it. That said I agree with Satam, I'll always prefer comic looks over movie and TV series ones. I guess if I want a King Shark based on the GL No Fear storyline which I liked, I can always get the DC Direct Green Lantern series version, not much articulation but awesome sculpt nonetheless.

Wrong shark villain, Dude. The GL bad guy from "No Fear" is simply known as "The Shark" and is a mutated Tiger Shark. King Shark, Nanaue, son of the shark god known as "King of all Sharks," is essentially a humanoid shark demigod.

Wrong shark villain, Dude. The GL bad guy from "No Fear" is simply known as "The Shark" and is a mutated Tiger Shark. King Shark, Nanaue, son of the shark god known as "King of all Sharks," is essentially a humanoid shark demigod.

Oops, my bad, work has me so sleep deprived it's screwing up my limited DC universe knowledge. lol

I'm strictly a DCUC comic version character guy, but I would definitely like to get my hands on that King Shark figure because that figure will be the only 6 inch scale version of that character any company has ever made.

I'll probably just buy a complete build a figure on Ebay.

It would be nice if Mattel made an effort to squeeze in more comic book versions of Arrowverse characters like Speedy, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave, Vixen and Vandal Savage (pre Nu 52 of course).

Also, I don't like that cut bicep on Hawkman. Completely ruins the figure. They should have done it the way they did the DCUC biceps.

Personally, I'm not going to try to touch the CW show figures even though they are improving. I just feel like its a slippery slope. I wonder where mattel has the batwing figure planned? He was probably one of the more unique showings from SDCC. I do still really want the King Shark CnC though. He looks great!

I'm currently struggling with which CW figures to keep sticking with, Mattel or DCC.

Mattel is in the scale of my DC movie figures. DCC's figures are better overall but bigger than the rest of my stuff and will be going up to $28 which I don't want to pay.

But I don't want to keep buying both.

Man I tells ya...those DC CW figs look tasty....I keep seeing SuperGirl & I saw Flash once but they look awesome.....King Shark looks badarse by the way.....I just don't have the extra fundage or space for them....I saw Barry Allen on sale on Amazon a few days back but he's back to regular markup....I haven't bought an Movie Batman yet as I'm just not impressed w/his fig...I did buy some Man of Steel figs when Supes 1 came out.....I still want at the least an Flash & Zoom CW fig...that Zoom is also awesome sauce as well....

Amazon currently has some awesome prices on a bunch of the Doomsday, Justice Buster and Suicide Squad figures. Check them out!

Yeah, to bad the few I still need are listed as "Add-On Items."

I love this concept.

"We'll give it to you for this great price... we just won't allow you to buy it unless you spend 25 dollars more."

They want me to do them the favor of spending money on their site, before they'll do ME the favor of letting me... spend money on their site. @bs@

Amazon currently has some awesome prices on a bunch of the Doomsday, Justice Buster and Suicide Squad figures. Check them out!

I love this concept.

"We'll give it to you for this great price... we just won't allow you to buy it unless you spend 25 dollars more."

They want me to do them the favor of spending money on their site, before they'll do ME the favor of letting me... spend money on their site. @bs@

It's gotta be cost effective for them to ship it. I understand why they do it. I was watching to see how low I could get Go-Go girl Harley and I held off a few cents too long and suddenly she was an add-on. Oh well.

They do deep, deep discounts for a lot of retail figures anyway. I don't expect they're making a ton of money off of them.

I love this concept.

It's gotta be cost effective for them to ship it.

How can it NOT be cost effective? The customer pays shipping.

I love this concept.

It's gotta be cost effective for them to ship it.

How can it NOT be cost effective? The customer pays shipping.

Oh, I was speaking from the standpoint of a Prime member. If someone pays $6 for the figure then they ship it for free they effectively give it away.

As cool as the Teddy Sears Earth-2 Bogus-Flash is, I'm really hoping this means a JWS Earth-3 Flash is n the works.

I mean, there has to be a reason the ole Hunter's hat is removable... right?

Anyway, given how I feel about the '90's series, that would probably be my go-to Flash from then on.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Though I have heard rumors of ONE Target having them, I have personally seen no trace of this wave in MN yet.

However, I was just able to snag a Joker off of amazon at retail price. He is my main want from this wave besides the King Shark BAF (which I'm still not sure I will be completing). I'll get Gordon Batman when I see him for retail, Batgirl is a "maybe" as I already have the ICONS one, and the other three...while they may look cool...are all from TV shows that I have stopped watching.

I know with patience I'll see them all at retail or lower. It's just tough for fanboys.

I know with patience I'll see them all at retail or lower. It's just tough for fanboys.

I can't speak for the rest of the fanboys, but as much as I want this wave, I'm in the middle of building and furnishing my new art studio. So as long as it DOES eventually appear, it can take as long as it wants to get here.