The Rogue One Toys Thread

Wheeljack35

Anyone have a link to some good pics of the 3.75" stuff? As someone who's not paying too close attention to all of the who's- who information, so far these are all just weird names to me . Besides, aren't we all just buying them for their LOOKS at this point anyway?

Anyone have a link to some good pics of the 3.75" stuff? As someone who's not paying too close attention to all of the who's- who information, so far these are all just weird names to me . Besides, aren't we all just buying them for their LOOKS at this point anyway?

Here's some...

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=17717

I'll try to start one for all the general R1 toy talk and hopefully keep everything nice and tidy on the SW forum :)

All I have to say at this point is that I may be trying to seer as far away from R1 toys conversation as possible. Judging by the amount of early chatter on other boards (not here), this line is on pace to receive as much/if not more complaints than the TFA line did. More of the same belly aching about 5 poa and crappy vehicles. I will say some is justified, particularly where the vehicles are concerned, I just can't take another year of the same thing.

Now that my complaining about complaining is over, is there anything anyone is particularly on the look out for? Who's going to celebrate Force Friday with an early morning toy hunt?

Personally, I think I'll take it easy with the figure buying until after I see the movie. I know I'm going to try to steer clear of Black Series and try to limit myself to 3.75", 5 poa or no. I will probably pick up Jyn right away to add to my "strong female lead" display along with Rey, Supergirl, and Buffy (JK, that was an A-hole comment, sorry). I do think she looks interesting based on the trailer, though. I may grab the R1 version of C-3PO, the big black droid. I'm not really sure who the main villain is in this movie so I could get the coolest looking bad guy and cross my fingers that he isn't another Boba Fatt/Captain Phasma "cool-costume-no-personality" dude or worse yet...this movie's Zuvio. It's a real mine field buying toys of characters that you don't really know! I guess if the big bad is Darth Vader, I'm set already.

Death Troooooooper!!.....I'm only in it for the Death Troopers & maybe the giant Robot & Jyn........if they make an Forrest Whitaker....I'm all over that too.....oh & the Blind Master too....but only 6" & maybe the 18" Death Trooper from Jakks.....

Even though I'm more "excited" about this movie that I ever was for Force Awakens(by excited I mean I don't have the same indifference that I had for Force Awakens); I'm not planning to get any of the toys yet. I'm would say I'm done with 4" inch SW figures so I don't care enough if they keep pumping out the 5 poa crap or the exclusive black series although I find it weird that Black series 4" didn't appear on the Force Friday checklist. As for the 6" Black Series they look good enough but it's not a line I actively collect save for the odd figure here and there and judging by the fact that Jyn Erso is up for preorder on amazon.com for $14.99 means that these will probably be plentiful after the initial hype dies down. Figures I'll probably get are: Jyn Erso(she has a nice outfit/design) might get 2 one for my daughter if she likes the movie, Death Trooper looks pretty cool, Chirrut Îmwe because you know it's Donnie freaking Yen, Cassian Andor looks pretty cool and it seems like he might be actually an important character and the tall C3PO/HK-47 analog looks cool but I fear he's been overhyped.

So in short, I will most probably get the main characters but I'm definitely not going to Force Friday, why go to a store and deal with a bunch of fat middle aged guys wearing Jedi Robes when I can stay at home and watch Luke Cage on Netflix.

I won't be buying any of the toys. I've always considered myself a pretty loyal Star Wars fan, but for some reason I don't really care about this movie. I'll probably still go see it in theaters, but it just doesn't have the same hype that every other Star Wars movie has had for me.

I'm with Belmont on being excited for the movie....I really hope it's not "tamed" because I was hearing early on that it would be more of an "War" movie than kid friendly....I feel like the original Star Wars generation is ready for some "Grown Up" action....there's room for the "tot set"....Force Awakes was cool w/me but once again selling toys seems to outweigh common sense when it comes to Fantasy & Sci-Fi....not every damn movie needs toys ( can't believe I said that especially when "The Bridges of Madison County" came out & we didn't even get an Clint...bummer) I personally would like to see another Darth Vader throw down....we all know he's an badas$, killing younglings aside I wanted to at least see him take on a some rebels by himself....we all get he's walking death but I would actually like to see it....I know we'll never get an SW's movie that's along the lines of "Saving Private Ryan" but some extra effort would really get some more people buzzing about the film....I can't site an actual references but sometimes I wish some of the properties we grew up with would grow up as well? We all know the Warm & Fuzzy side of the force but I need some grit & actual darkside.....I hope we get to see flashbacks of Kylo & the Knights who say NI tearas$ing across the galaxy...crushing their enemies & seeing them driven before the Empire....but only just a small amount of lamentation of the women...

I have been hearing things about this being more a war movie than the previous ones in the franchise, I have also heard they are gonna do things different than other SW like not having the letters crawl at the beginning. Regardless of what they do to distance themselves from other SW movies I agree with GuitarDevil that a more adult tone wouldn't hurt. I mean I'm not one to think that making everything dark and gritty is the right move but this can be like ROTS where the third act was kind of a downer. I'm hoping that the final act is something like the strike team dying one by one preferably killed by Vader and Jyn Erso handing the plans to Leia right before she dies or something as a way to explain why these guys aren't around in A New Hope.

it just doesn't have the same hype that every other Star Wars movie has had for me.

And with there being a new Star Wars movie every year from now until forever, you can probably say that about every movie from here on out.

Episode I had a mountain of hype for understandable reasons. Episode VII also because of the amount of time since the sequels, a continuation (of sorts) for the saga of the original cast, and especially for the uncertainty of how SW would look/feel without George at the helm. There were just so many questions, the anticipation couldn't be helped.

Now we're entering into a different territory. A new SW movie is no longer going to be a special event. It will be common place. So the hype, even for that of the "saga" installments, is going to die down. I think I will miss that, in a way.

(I guess we'll have to kill time talking about toys until we have the toys to talk about.)

I'm hoping that the final act is something like the strike team dying one by one preferably killed by Vader and Jyn Erso handing the plans to Leia right before she dies or something as a way to explain why these guys aren't around in A New Hope.

That may actually be a good idea.

I have not been paying too close attention to news of this movie but I was kind of hoping they wouldn't try the crawl at the beginning. Set this apart from the others. I'm also assuming there's no John Williams score.....? In that case, an opening crawl would have no point!

Well stores are not paying any attention to street date with these figures. My local Dillons (Kroger super grocery store, which has a toy aisle) had Lego and 4 inch figures. Only saw a couple regular Storm Troopers, Kylo Ren and that big hulking droid (K whatever it is). Went to a Walmart later and they had the new 4 inck Black figures (Imerial Guard was all they had left) and the 6 inch Black Figures for Rogue One (which were nice looking, but I'm out of that game). Have to go check out TRU on friday to see what they'll have.