Now that Super7 will be taking over MOTU

SKYWARP

So now that Super7 is going to be taking over the MOTU classics line after this year. Are you excited, and glad the line is going to continue, or have you had enough and are done with it?

I am excited for what I'm hoping they can bring in the future of this line, especially with them working with the 4horsemen. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I hope they are somehow able to give us Snake Mountain in the future.

Since they will have access to all of the Mattel molds, I'm hoping they will try to get their money out of the line by re-releasing figures that I missed and are expensive to get ahold of on the secondary market like Whiplash and Roboto.

I also hope they continue the filmation line. Still a lot of great toys to be made there.

• Like 4

Since they will have access to all of the Mattel molds, I'm hoping they will try to get their money out of the line by re-releasing figures that I missed and are expensive to get ahold of on the secondary market like Whiplash and Roboto.

I also hope they continue the filmation line. Still a lot of great toys to be made there.

Crom I hope so....I missed out on Ram Man & Roboto...& maybe an decent Teela....wishes, wishes & Fisto would be nice too

Yes, that's exactly what I hope they attempt... bring out a new adventures guy here and a background new comic character there, maybe that b-lister guy in that one episode where Orko messes Man-at-arms something-something up... and then rerelease some of those jems that are hard to get on the secondary market, heck, I don't even care if they retool or modify or use a different part so it's not exactly the same and hurt the value of the original... but man, do I really want a Fisto, Trap Jaw and Beast Man in my little collection, lol.

I'm excited by the possibilities here. I do think it's a great chance to get some of the old figures reissued as well as keeping new ones coming through with never done before or even brand new characters (I'm open to it anyway). Would love to see more of the 'concept' figures like the Horde Mummy and hopefully SUper 7 will make things a lot easier to order rather than dealing with Digital River and it's long history of issues...

Would love to see more of the 'concept' figures like the Horde Mummy and hopefully SUper 7 will make things a lot easier to order rather than dealing with Digital River and it's long history of issues...

Yes I'd like to see some more of those too. I's love to see some more of those create-a-figure designs come to life too. I really hope Super7 can do a lot better than DR did on a lot of levels.

Has there been any confirmation on subscriptions, or how they are planning on selling these?

I think they might shoot themselves in the foot if they try to do subs. I know I'm not down for tying up a bunch of my money with another sub, especially since it's a new company, and you don't know what you're getting into. Then we don't get unwanted figures shoved down our throats, and they don't have to worry about sitting on product that won't sell. Win-win.

I would love if they would announce a figure, and then take pre-orders for just that one figure, and if there isn't enough demand, scrap it, and move onto something different.

• Like 1

i Hope if they are going to continue with the subs, they will at least let us know the who the figures are before hand. Or at least most of them, I'd be okay with a couple of surprise figures in sub

After a lot of money given to Mattel for figures I didn't want, and taking a loss on ebay, I'm not really wanting any surprises. Lol

i Hope if they are going to continue with the subs, they will at least let us know the who the figures are before hand. Or at least most of them, I'd be okay with a couple of surprise figures in sub

After a lot of money given to Mattel for figures I didn't want, and taking a loss on ebay, I'm not really wanting any surprises. Lol

I can understand that. So yeah maybe no surprises then. I wonder when they start if they will do a 6 month sub or a full yr.

Sometimes I wonder why certain companies don't like my money?.....It took Hasslbro awhile to figure it out but they've gotten it somewhat(in a few of the past Marvel Legends waves they included Aim, Hydra & Sheild Troopers, even Star Wars has their troops)....I notice that Matty still has Royal Palace Guards in stock? Seriously, did they make enough to stack them to the Sun? Which Bean-counter thought that making enough for every child on Earth prime was a good idea?...I was able to secure one 2 pack of Horde Troopers but I really wanted at least 4.....were they readily available at the time I would have bought 5 packs....that's a fair chunk of change for myself...I know people are still going on about getting more as well......I just went to Matty's page & saw all the "digital peg warmers" & shook my head....I guess Flogg & General Sundar are "must haves" in some circles but I still tilt my head at this windmill....anyone feel the same way......#hordefeels #henchmenarepeopletoo #theydontwantmymoney #palacetroopersareforever #noshameinbeingatrooper.......

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder why certain companies don't like my money?.....It took Hasslbro awhile to figure it out but they've gotten it somewhat(in a few of the past Marvel Legends waves they included Aim, Hydra & Sheild Troopers, even Star Wars has their troops)....I notice that Matty still has Royal Palace Guards in stock? Seriously, did they make enough to stack them to the Sun? Which Bean-counter thought that making enough for every child on Earth prime was a good idea?...I was able to secure one 2 pack of Horde Troopers but I really wanted at least 4.....were they readily available at the time I would have bought 5 packs....that's a fair chunk of change for myself...I know people are still going on about getting more as well......I just went to Matty's page & saw all the "digital peg warmers" & shook my head....I guess Flogg & General Sundar are "must haves" in some circles but I still tilt my head at this windmill....anyone feel the same way......#hordefeels #henchmenarepeopletoo #theydontwantmymoney #palacetroopersareforever #noshameinbeingatrooper.......

I got today General Sundar from the Matty store...

I hope Super 7 gets the license to continue the Thundercats line...

I'm subscribed to both MOTU Filmation and Thundercats and love so far the figure Mattel is been releasing.

RPM ^ wouldn't your General look better if he was flanked by 4 Horde Troopers on each side of him?....In 2017, we're going to need more Horde troopers to defend against the outside rebel interests of She-Ra & her wild band of agitators.....Super 7, I ask you to hear the people's cries (at least one of them anyway) I ask you to hear the people's concerns....I ask you to hear the people & make Etheria whole again!...While the Horde army is strong in its heroes & champions, we are lacking the basic army to bring Etheria & her sister planet Eternia back to the folds of Freedom & Brotherhood. Super 7 we call upon your good intentions & ask you to release the Horde!....the Snakemen Clan has had their time & it has passed....the so called Masters of the Universe hide in the shadows behind a veil of obscurity.....we need a new stronger leader & Hordak is that chosen one!.....so basically please Super 7 make more Horde Troopers....pretty please & I promise to buy more.....this message was approved by the Etherian Citizens Council,The Supporters of Hordak Instilling Tyranny & The local Red Hat Society of Etheria....

I'm curious if they can get the contract for Thundercats and when will subs start for MOTU?

I don't think it's even been confirmed that they're gonna do subs.

I'm curious if they can get the contract for Thundercats and when will subs start for MOTU?

Yeah I think it's up in the air right now about a MOTU sub or not. Also I think they said they were going to try to get the T-cats, but that was going to be very hard to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Classics line a lot but had waaaayyyy too many negative issues with Digital River to maintain a subscription. I very rarely buy MOTUC but know Super 7 will do a better job with the line from a customer service standpoint. As others have said I really hope we see them put out some of the figures that got away, never to return again (Filmation He-Man/Skeletor, Anti-Eternia He-Man, etc.)

Yeah I think it's up in the air right now about a MOTU sub or not. Also I think they said they were going to try to get the T-cats, but that was going to be very hard to do.

Pixel Dan at the SDCC interviewed a Super 7 rep.They want to do that line but right now its the contract they have to deal with

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hey....the recent news that Super 7 is re-releasing "newer" versions of past figures is reassuring to say the least.....I can't wait to see if they go w/Pre-orders or not...I'm down for Teela & Ram Man 1st thing...then we can work from there...Its funny how many other forums are buzzing about this....some seem content while others are "nerd-raging" already that they're wasting spots for characters who had 30 seconds of screen time....I'm also surprised at how many people who are down for buying more versions of figs they already have....I'm keeping my fingers crossed well get a few more of the Evilbay Stars such as Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, ect......I would really hope they would print some more Horde Troopers as well.....can't wait to see what they have in store....

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=27392