Hasbro Rogue One U-Wing - Looks like all Star Wars vehicles will have Nerf parts now

JayC

yeah noticed that at sdcc

A lot of people's reason for not buying the 6" figures is that you're going to see almost no vehicles and part of Star Wars' appeal is, of course, the awesome vehicles that have been a part of the mythos since A New Hope.

If I were trying to steer buyers towards 6", I guess I'd make the vehicles as crappy and price them as high as possible. (And maybe make everything 5 poa too).

Anyone remember "The Vintage Collection"? What a great line.

Do you know what would have made this awesome? Make the nerf part removable so the collectors could take it off and be happy... still looks kinda cool, I really like the Y-wing looking cockpit, wonder if there is a backstory that explains that.

A lot of people's reason for not buying the 6" figures is that you're going to see almost no vehicles and part of Star Wars' appeal is, of course, the awesome vehicles that have been a part of the mythos since A New Hope.

If I were trying to steer buyers towards 6", I guess I'd make the vehicles as crappy and price them as high as possible. (And maybe make everything 5 poa too).

Anyone remember "The Vintage Collection"? What a great line.

this is the same argument against 6 inch G.I. Joe Deryl Depriest has

Do you know what would have made this awesome? Make the nerf part removable so the collectors could take it off and be happy... still looks kinda cool, I really like the Y-wing looking cockpit, wonder if there is a backstory that explains that.

^^^ this

Preach it brother....an quick fix like this would pull in more "adult collectors".....I can't stand the "BAFG gimmick".....adds more to the cost & it just stuff that gets lost or thrown away 1/2 the time....

Honestly adding the Nerf stuff doesn't bother me because as a Joe collector I'm used to spring loaded crap being added onto vechiles. Plus it's funny to think that some collector (if it's still around) in twenty years will complain because it's not complete because someone removed the Nerf parts.

So can this be considered our Rogue One thread? I'm just curious on what all people are planning to pick up from this line.

Personally I'm going to *try* to cool it with SW starting here. One: Because I bought all of the 3.75" TFA figures, I don't regret it, but I also have no real place to display them all. I have a spot for my OT figures, a spot for 6" figures, and that's it. Two: I'm not liking the scale/articulation/availability war that seems to be going on with the line (at least with the TFA figures, which I don't see changing much with RO). I kind of want Hasbro to pick ONE style of figure to do and stick with that. Preferably 3.75" figures that you can pose. Three: Because next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, there will be a new movie with 40+ new figures to buy. It's gotta stop somewhere.

Of course Rogue One and any other future SW movie has some very visually cool characters that are designed to make neat action figures. That's where my self control will have to come in, I guess.

I'll buy 5 PoA if it looks cool and will fit in with my small vintage figures. I'll get some for my son, characters we don't think they'll make in the 4" black series, some I'll make customs for him... and then the 4" black series we'll cherry pick.

I'll probably pass on all the vehicles, may pick them up on clearance and I cherry pick the 6" black series... so I'll probably just get a handful of them.

For Rogue One, I'll do the same thing I did with The Force Awakens and that's buy what I feel like buying once I have them in hand. Haven't bought a SW vehicle since the ROTS line and nothing that I have seen so far makes me think that will change, Nerf parts or not. I spent most of my SW collecting days buying characters I already had because improved versions were released so that makes me pass on the 5 poa figures. I don't know about the 4" Black series, some of the previous one looked cool but by the time I found them in stores I had already lost interest plus I never saw the one I would have bought which was Kylo Ren. As for the 6" Black Series I haven't been blown away by this line; I have gotten a few here and there that I liked but it's not a line I actively collect, for the Rogue One characters I'll wait to have them in hand to see if I get them because the pictures I saw of the first wave didn't really convinced me. I'll probably pick up one or two of the Disney Elite ones if they turn out good.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't buy a single TFA product, and I've been collecting 3.75" Star Wars as long as it's been around. Granted, the figures from the 70's were basically thrown around by my toddler self, and I didn't care about the authenticity of Hammerhead's outfit, but I digress.

When the switch to 5-POA happened, I quit cold-turkey. And I agree with the earlier statement about movies coming out with no end in sight. That's why I'm just scaling my collection down to the OT era. If there are eventually some well-articulated 3.75" Rogue One figures, I'll gladly pick them up, because they fit in that era. But the idea of trying to track down 40-50 First Order stormtroopers just seems damned exhausting at this point.

When the switch to 5-POA happened, I quit cold-turkey. And I agree with the earlier statement about movies coming out with no end in sight. That's why I'm just scaling my collection down to the OT era. If there are eventually some well-articulated 3.75" Rogue One figures, I'll gladly pick them up, because they fit in that era. But the idea of trying to track down 40-50 First Order stormtroopers just seems damned exhausting at this point.

This ^

I could go to Target or Walmart after work today but I'd honestly rather nap.