Netflix Stranger Things - Anyone watching

JayC

I started watching this series yesterday, got through all but the last 3 episodes so far. Got to say its pretty good. The setting takes place in the 80's and it has a very 80's movie vibe to it. Anyone else watching or watched it?

post-925-0-88987400-1471015392_thumb.jpg

I've already watched the season 2x already...haha....great stuff...reminds me of Stephen King movies....great music, creepy story...I was referred by an old friend of mine......can't wait for an 2nd season

Finished it up last night. Was like a combo of Stand By Me, ET, Close Encounters and a dab of Aliens. Thought it was good but wish they filled us in a little bit more about certain things. I get wanting to keep us wanting more for season 2 but felt a little unsatisfied with how this season ended.

I think the police chief knew more than he was letting on. I think he probably came in contact with these govt folks after his kid died.

Finally got around to watching the first episode with the girlfriend last night.

Definitely has that 80s vibe to it, which probably does more for me than it does for her-- I'm invested, she's intrigued.

But we're both in.

Amusingly, I had no idea Winona Ryder was among the cast before we cued up the first episode.

What a great show!

I am also hoping for a second season of Stranger Things, though I kind of hope if they do it, it's with a new storyline and cast. I loved everything about the first season but I wasn't really left feeling like there was much more to tell. The stuff they left unexplained still felt like a natural mystery ending, and not at all out of place with the 80s motif. What I think I'd like to see is more 80s tropes explored under the Stranger Things name.

******Spoilers Galore Late Comers & Bloomers****Loved the showdown between the boys, the feds & "Other Sider"...the way Eleven gets even w/the older Black Widow Assassin....I would hope if I was apart of some Govt. Monster Squad I would definitely have an "Flamethrower Dude" somewhere in the mix....but then again those guys always blow up...kinda felt bad that Eleven's mom didn't get to at least see her baby is alive & maybe even fix her catatonic state....wonder how many of those slugs Will plans on coughing up & if he's been turned....can't believe the preppy pretty boy came w/it.....Monster Squad 2.0 feelish w/the 3 "teens"...don't think the love triangle is quite over yet...I wonder if the new Evil will be able to jump between dimensions? What will it's abilities be? The original Other Side Monster looked like it hatched from an egg?...did anyone see the giant egg shell...I don't quite remember everything at the end? I know the Feds hush everything up so I wonder what happens to the portal....

What a great show!

What I think I'd like to see is more 80s tropes explored under the Stranger Things name.

I've been thinking along these same lines, but I'd keep the cast intact, if for no other reason than there is still a lot of Eleven's story left to tell. I could definitely see them expanding the shows focus to exploring other genre conventions. I know a few people who'd be all over Barb's story developing into an Elm Street/Carrie type supernatural revenge story-line.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the whole first season this last weekend. Really awesome show. As other people mentioned, the 80s setting and vibe are what really make the show great. Can't wait for the second season.

Can't wait to see some more of the goodness. I actually started rewatching the series again to see if I missed anything....

Aaaand? How is it the 2nd go?

2nd time around you notice more obviously....but it makes my conspiracies more wild.....I'll just wait other wise I'll have theories that "Eleven" is Supreme Leader Snoke....

Just got netflix and I think I'm going to have to check this show out forsure after reading all these post. Not to mention hearing about it all the time from people at work.

Definitely do. If you're a sci-fi fan, you won't be disappointed.