Where are all my old school brothers at?

Toiletmonkey1

I dont get over here hardly at all anymore. :( going thru some stuff the other day and i found all my printed off dio stories i did from back in 2003 and it really made me miss the early 2000's and all my ADC/TNI brothers. I do deals and talk gi joe on facebook quite a bit but...man it really aint the same as those days here. and i just wanted to say "hey" to all my old friends

TM

Toiletmonkey Theater closed up back in 2006. but i have been thinking about opening up shop again if there is any interest in that at all? lmk

tmawardsshow04_zpsifrmzaby.jpg

Hey TM! I'm still around...my interest in all things Joe have perked-up as of late after being somewhat dormant for awhile. And I'm always up for dios...

• Like 1

I been so disappointed with Hasbro new Joes that I been just getting back to get those figures that I never had from the original RAH collection and exploring some of the other collections that Mattel been releasing like MOTUC and Thundercats.

Good to see you here Toyletmonkey1.

I'm like you Roadpig in that I'm so far behind in my collection that even if Hasbro never made another Joe I'd have more than plenty to seek out from past lines.

MEEEEEEMORIES.....like the corners of my mind.

Still alive and kickin'. Just waiting for Joes to have another rebirth of mass popularity.

whoah, just noticed after all these years, I still have 5 warning points.

• Like 1

I still lurk around from time to time. I don't think I've posted anything here in well over two years.

My whole little world has changed so much in such a short amount of time. I was just thinking about the good old days when I first joined here 12 years ago. Where has the time gone?

Not rubbing it in or anything, but for the record, I have 0 warning points VH.

• Like 1

Toiletmonkey Theater closed up back in 2006. but i have been thinking about opening up shop again if there is any interest in that at all? lmk

tmawardsshow04_zpsifrmzaby.jpg

Are you kidding? Its bad enough G.I. Joe is all but gone, but most of the old dio-story sites have long since dried up to.

I'd love see some of you guys get back into it.

Still alive and kickin'. Just waiting for Joes to have another rebirth of mass popularity.

:blink:

VH??!! Is that you??!! Holy crap man!! Where ya been in so long??

I still lurk around from time to time. I don't think I've posted anything here in well over two years.

My whole little world has changed so much in such a short amount of time. I was just thinking about the good old days when I first joined here 12 years ago. Where has the time gone?

Glad you're still hanging around CT!! Did you hang onto your stuff, or did you get rid of it all?

:blink:

VH??!! Is that you??!! Holy crap man!! Where ya been in so long??

Caught up in the facebook craze, while the Joes have been in a slump. :)

Glad you're still hanging around CT!! Did you hang onto your stuff, or did you get rid of it all?

Well, I hung onto most of it. Sadly, once I retired from the Army, we had to move into a smaller apartment. No man cave, no extra room, not even an extra closet for my stuff to be displayed. So now it sits in various boxes and containers in closets and under beds. Waiting. Waiting for the day when it can be proudly displayed again.

Unfortunately, with everything boxed up, most of my desire for the hobby feels boxed up with it. Know what I mean? It's hard to get excited for a toy hunt knowing that whatever you do end up with is just going in a box when you get home.

Unfortunately, with everything boxed up, most of my desire for the hobby feels boxed up with it. Know what I mean? It's hard to get excited for a toy hunt knowing that whatever you do end up with is just going in a box when you get home.

Brother, I know EXACTLY what you mean. During my move, what I was told was a minor SNAFU with my new place turned out to be a big-time FUBAR. Now I'm dead-heading with relatives until I can find a NEW new place, and literally living out of cardboard boxes. As for 30+ years of accumulated action figures, comics, and movies? All nestled into a dark corner of a storage room almost completely out of reach.

So yeah, my enthusiasm for "The Hobby" is a little diminished at the moment. How do I justify buying new stuff when I barely have room for myself?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey TM,

It's been awhile ... would love to see some TM Theater again! It's hard to believe it's been a decade. As for Joes, I haven't bought anything it quite some time but they are still on display in my home. It seems with the dawn of social media the forum has dried up. I miss the good ol' days of daily G.I. Joe conversation we used to have on here.

Brother Shane! how are you my friend? it has been a super long time. i really miss those days here. i think that was the most fun collecting gi joes that i have ever had, i would love to have TNI back, facebook is cool and it has alot of good groups...but man it just aint the same! back in 2006 i kind of faded away my son was born and i got super busy with life and stuff . but now that he's older (9) i'm less busy and i really want to start something up again. since the toiletmonkey theater was the most fun i ever had in gi joe i thought i could start there/here at TNI. btw- if you know where i can find that threat of cobra dio trailer that would be cool cause i would love to see it again.

TM

• 1 month later...

MAAAANNNNN, I'm up late and happened to check out the forums and saw this topic and decided to jump on. Back in 2002 when the JvC line was JUST starting up I found this cool little forum called "American Dream Comics" and I totally owe my early Joe collecting years (buying back my childhood) to this forum and the guys that were around here back then. Seriously, I LEARNED so much from this forum...now 14 years later what started as "Aw man GI Joe is back!" is now a whole room dedicated in my house to the franchise. I've mostly moved on to Facebook and Twitter in the last 4 years or so....slowly moving away from the forums. I still check TNI everyday for toy news......but the fact that there hasn't been much news over the last couple years hasn't helped either. Those days were great though....this forum was bumping back then.

How'd I miss this thread... let's get the band back together! We're trying to get the forums going again, seems like everyone has either been bitten by the Facebook bug or like CT said, stuff got boxed up and so did their interest.

I kinda feel that's what happened to me too. Though, I have more toys than all the 3rd world countries combined, I have 2 toy rooms, lol... I think a lot gets boxed up, and not enjoyed... and then I started a new job, ugh. Anyway, let's get things going again guys! I mean... VH came back fer cryin' out loud!!!

I always still check the main page for toy news, but I don't get into the forums as often as I use to. I miss how it was back in the ADC days. Like RD said this place was bumping back then.

I'd love to see some pics of people's toy rooms and how they have their collections displayed.

I have something like that planned as I tear apart my toy room. It looks like a bomb went off in a toy aisle, lol... so Im thinking of doing something to help keep me motivated and keep at it. We'll see.

• 1 month later...

I don't think there is saving the forums here at TNI, i think we have all just scattered to the winds. but if any you guys are on facebook hit me up, it's (i think?) facebook.com/johndavidperry or at twitter @toiletmonkey1 and we can chat about gi joes and old times or some other nonsense just don't fight about politics with VH on facebook cause he hands me my ass every time!!!

Its sad that so many forums have gone by the weigh side over the past few years. I hope that doesn't happen here. It's up to us though to keep this place jumping. We all need to post a little more instead of just lurking.