Are you going to buy any of the New BAF waves in 2016?

GuitarDevil

Seems like the new waves are starting to hit for pre-sales (BAF Absorbing Man) & I'm torn once again. I would like "to collect them all" but I'm not getting any richer this year & have many other things to pay for....I do like the work Hasslebro has been churning out but I'm not pleased w/all of it....some of the choices for spots leave me scratching my head especially after I thought I had bought my "last" Spiderman & Capt. America......I mean we need a wider release for Crossbones & some of other tasty box-sets heroes/villains but we get Misty Knight & a bunch of other subpar villains....Boomerang?..TigerShark....even the Vision for the BAF HB is very lacking...& of course we get our umpteenth version of IM....I'm heavy into Star Wars Black right now & my wallet is finally crying enough....so I may skip the Absorbing man line altogether & try to buy it online complete......I notice that "gas prices" have gone down but not our figure prices?....$20 bucks a pop is a lot to ask for considering the times.....I put together my BAF Hulkbuster & Rhino....I should've waited on purchasing the BAF Ultron wave as well....Target clearanced Wasp & Bulldozer down to $10 at my local stores....granted I paid $14 & some change w/a sale it still money I could've saved.....I realize I can't get my cake and eat it too....but these are some expensive pieces to collect so some price reduction would be great or at least some sound character choices.....

I notice that "gas prices" have gone down but not our figure prices?....

Which is why I always laugh at people who are absolutely convinced that figure prices have to do with the cost of gas...

Anyway, on topic, there are a few figures that are catching my eye but I can't buy them all and I have no problem passing on stuff I don't need. Spider-Gwen, for example, looks pretty sweet and I'll pick her up if I see her. I have no interest in the whole Absorbing Man wave, however (and I'd have to do some research, but I think there may be a couple of perfectly adequate Absorbing Man figures already out there if I decide I really need one).

BAFs are always tricky. What if the BAF looks completely bad @$$ but you don't want the whole wave? That's been a problem ever since the Toy Biz Sentinel series and I usually cross those bridges when I come to them. With the Hulkbuster I was able to score a complete on at a comic con for the lowest price that I've ever seen anywhere (I needed zero figures from the actual HB wave so I lucked out there), with Rhino I bit the bullet and bought a couple figures I didn't really want and sold them for cheep.

Still, Hasbro gave us some sweet stuff in 2015 and I'm interested to see what's in 2016.

Yeah, I probably will, although I've forgotten who's coming out this year. I'm finding myself experiencing Star Wars fatigue/burn-out/overload, and conversely I'm really enjoying collecting ML figures for the moment, so I'm sure I'll be all-in. I'm usually a big-time Star Wars collector, but...I don't know. I guess I just grow weary of all of the hype, endless debating/speculation/discussion and controvery associated with Star Wars right now, that and the inundation of product and info. I still love Star Wars, but good grief...I think I'm done for the foreseeable future. I'm having much more fun with the Legends stuff right now.

I'm pretty sure I will, but probably not as religiously as I did in '15. I've started getting into Transformers again, and the Batman v Superman stuff is starting to hit. Those are gonna take a big bite outta the ol' toy budget.

Plus, the stuff I've seen from ML just hasn't appealed to me like last year's stuff did (Cap-Wolf, really?). Now if they do a lot more with the actual movie figures, I'll change my mind. Until then, they get a heart-felt . . . meh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like a strong lineup...

If you say so. All I see are second stringers and retools. Certainly nothing worthy of the X-Men's return to toy shelves.

Have to disagree about that. Rogue? Kitty? Phoenix? Deadpool? These are all big guns and most are characters that people have been calling for for a long time. I don't know how many of these I personally need but I think that lineup is strong and the figures look great.

It looks like a strong lineup...

If you say so. All I see are second stringers and retools. Certainly nothing worthy of the X-Men's return to toy shelves.

These are all big guns and most are characters that people have been calling for for a long time.

I'll grudgingly give you Rogue, Phoenix and Kitty (though Rogue hasn't been relevant since the '90's), but by no stretch of the imagination can Deadpool be considered a "Big Gun."

Sure, you can put his butt in an "R" rated movie for all the frat-boy wanna-bes and over-grown adolescents to perv to, but in the end all you've got is a puerile knock-off of another companies property.

by no stretch of the imagination can Deadpool be considered a "Big Gun."

Sure, you can put his butt in an "R" rated movie for all the frat-boy wanna-bes and over-grown adolescents to perv to, but in the end all you've got is a puerile knock-off of another companies property.

I know, I know you hate Deadpool. But he has a movie out and his popularity has exploded. Even if you put aside the movie, his fan base is huge, has been far a while. I'm surprised he doesn't have more figures than he does. I'm sure the Fox deal is the only thing keeping the flood gates from opening. And said figure looks pretty cool too.

It's a very strong wave. Phoenix, Kitty Pride,the Rogue that we've all been dying for, even Cable, all pretty big deal characters.

And Deadpool? All I know is it's impossible to keep him on the shelves. I don't have nor want one, but every time one gets made it flies off the shelf like they're giving it away. And that's before the movie.

At this point, I'm not even worried about the X-Wave. We're already two waves into the new year, and I've only seen the Red Onslaught wave at one Toys R Us. I haven't seen the Absorbing Man wave ANYWHERE.

• 2 months later...

So if the X-Men are getting two waves this year, then how many waves are we going to get?

2 or 3 Cap/Avengers, 2 Spider-Man, 2 X-Men, 1 Doctor Strange, possibly something else!?!

Thats a lot of figures!!!

So if the X-Men are getting two waves this year, then how many waves are we going to get?

2 or 3 Cap/Avengers, 2 Spider-Man, 2 X-Men, 1 Doctor Strange, possibly something else!?!

Thats a lot of figures!!!

Even worse, things are pretty quiet now, but that just means when they DO hit, it'll seem like they all hit at once.

• 2 weeks later...

My interest has been kicked into high gear since I finally got to see Civil War, so in scurrying around trying to find ML figures, I've kinda been overwhelmed at just how far behind I am. I got some of the Odin wave figures for Christmas, but my budget hasn't exactly allowed me to keep up very well since. I did score a CW Cap and Iron Man online today, along with a Hulkbuster wave War Machine and Marvel NOW Iron Man. Then I found a Rhino wave Ghost Rider at a Walgreen's near me earlier this evening. (I had a little vacation money saved up...) Incidentally, in my state of renewed interest, I've been researching online all of the figures that have come out in the last couple of years, and I was stunned at the sheer volume of figures that have been released. I don't know that I'll ever catch up at this rate, but I'm sure gonna have fun trying. (lol)

My interest has been kicked into high gear since I finally got to see Civil War, so in scurrying around trying to find ML figures, I've kinda been overwhelmed at just how far behind I am. I got some of the Odin wave figures for Christmas, but my budget hasn't exactly allowed me to keep up very well since. I did score a CW Cap and Iron Man online today, along with a Hulkbuster wave War Machine and Marvel NOW Iron Man. Then I found a Rhino wave Ghost Rider at a Walgreen's near me earlier this evening. (I had a little vacation money saved up...) Incidentally, in my state of renewed interest, I've been researching online all of the figures that have come out in the last couple of years, and I was stunned at the sheer volume of figures that have been released. I don't know that I'll ever catch up at this rate, but I'm sure gonna have fun trying. (lol)

If it makes you feel any better, todays market is extremely friendly to the "back-log" collector. I don't know how far back you're going, but since The Mandroid series there hasn't been a figure I haven't been able to find complete in one way or another. Of course that means the occasional "BS" mark-up on Amazon or Ebay, but even those aren't as bad as they used to be.

The hunt is on.

(lol) Thanks for the words of encouragement, mako. I actually missed the Mandroid wave, so I guess I've got quite a ways to go. I'm in Florida on vacation right now, and I'm planning on checking-out a new comic book store that opened-up since we were down here last year, so we'll see what they have...

Heh...I'd even like to have "Cap Wolf" that I've been making fun of ever since I first saw it in stores a few weeks ago.

I'm behind now as well...I've been broke lately but still buying figs sparsely. The good thing about the last waves i.e. Odin & Ultron is that you can actually find those whole waves or individually on discount....I spotted an Wasp at Walmart clearanced to $6 bux....the Jubilee BAF is still an wash though...good luck on that one...I'm waiting & hoping these new waves will go on sale or at least by Xmas time I can afford to buy the next coming waves....I've already decided I'm not going to complete the BAF Onslaught, I did snag Taskmaster w/an TRU coupon.....so far.....I haven't seen any new waves yet...our Targets here are still swimming in BAF Rhino & Odin if you can believe that.....I haven't even seen the BAF Giant Man waves so far...good luck DB

People are going ga-ga over the Juggernaut wave. Some folks are thinking themselves into a panic coming up with "What-fi" scenarios for their pre orders being canceled. Gotta worry about something, I guess.

That is a very awesome wave, however. I don't think there's a dud in the bunch. This has been the norm for Hasbro lately, though. They're really killing it lately.

People are going ga-ga over the Juggernaut wave. Some folks are thinking themselves into a panic coming up with "What-fi" scenarios for their pre orders being canceled. Gotta worry about something, I guess.

That is a very awesome wave, however. I don't think there's a dud in the bunch. This has been the norm for Hasbro lately, though. They're really killing it lately.

Yup that BAF wave is solid...one of the best lineups I've seen in a bit......I plan on buying that whole wave but I' m going to save up for it....hopefully its not too small of a run...Hasbro has been doing some great work lately....wish they wouldn't cram line after line down our spend-holes.....