Who's finding the new GI Joes at TRU?

yojoebro82

I set out to my only remaining TRU yesterday for no other reason than to find some new Joes. Well, I should say the new Gung-Ho because that is the only figure I want from the entire wave of new stuff.

I did find all of the three packs but no two packs yet. I got the HTF MASS Device set with Alpine back in the day so I have no use for the rereleases. Glad that those who missed out are getting another crack at it after all this time (would have been even nicer for Hasbro to add the MASS piece as well...) I have absolutely no desire to own a bright blue Bazooka or Dusty. The Hit n Run, Torpedo, and Zartan set was the only one that was tempting but I decided I didn't need any more of those guys. It looked cool enough though.

Anyone else seeing these yet?

If anyone sees the Gung-Ho 2 pack and is thinking of 'ol yojoebro82, I will happily pay cost plus shipping.

I was thinking about ya YBJ....sorry I couldn't secure one this weekend....I did however get myself one....My TRU isn't giving Joe much love...they have the Joes stuck in this little side wall shelving next to the Radio Controlled Cars...they had only 2 pegs....1 peg had the old 2 pack Lady J & Baroness.....the other peg had the New 2 packs......the new Playsets...repainted SkyStriker & other vehicles were on a endcap w/only 3 of the skystriker pack & 2 of the repainted Snowcat packs....the Skystriker pack was $60 ouch?? 60 for repaints & rehashes?....they really want this line to end.....

..they really want this line to end.....

They're going about it the right way.

Why would they make Gung Ho one per case? They know this is the one the fans will want....

I just got back from a TRU run and I came up empty. Not giving up hope yet, though.

Did they ever even show up as on sale at TRU's website?? I had been checking, nothing to sold out on everything. I did find everything in the wild minus Gung Ho yesterday though.

Draven

My TRU has no place for Joes and no place I can really see them getting put (last year they just kind put them where they could).So far it's only had the two large box items, no two or three packs, I hope when they get done with moving everything around (they just moved all the Marvel stuff to make room for the new SW stuff)

• 1 month later...

Finally got a Gung Ho pack thanks to Hastings a few weeks ago. Had a rewards at TRU so I decided to buy the Shipwreck pack. I ended up really like Shipwreck after not caring about the figure. Blowtorch was the same way. I miss G I JOE I think :/ Wish we could get more stuff that.

Draven

I signed up for that when they first went up and then again after the first stock sold out and I missed it. Never once did I get an email Had it signed up for my gf's email too and neither did she get any. It went up a few times that I know of and missed. I'd look for other outlets like did, ie Hastings. Which is selling them from Entertainment Earth.

Draven

Another bust at my local TRU. The got lots of Steel Brigade/ IGs. I signed up on TRU.com to have them automatically email me when Gung Ho is in stock. Expecting that email in 2000-never.

They always seem to notify when its already sold out again or not at all......buying toys shouldn't be this much of a hassle.....at least you guys have restocks...all we have is Lady J's & Baroness 2 packs galore....

• 2 weeks later...

Another bust at my local TRU. The got lots of Steel Brigade/ IGs. I signed up on TRU.com to have them automatically email me when Gung Ho is in stock. Expecting that email in 2000-never.

Hey YJB been trying to get ahold of ya....I got you a Gung Ho- 2 pack.....let me know if you want cause if you don't I'm sure someone on here needs some help as well.....

Hey YJB been trying to get ahold of ya....I got you a Gung Ho- 2 pack.....let me know if you want cause if you don't I'm sure someone on here needs some help as well.....

Message received, sir! Thanks for thinking of me!

Awesome looking out there for others! :) I saw the 3 packs again and looked at them closely cause I thought id get the Firefly one.... wow.... wtf?!?! They painted the lower legs light grey. Looks horrible... :/ Oh well, $20 saved.

Draven

• 4 weeks later...

Ging Ho is awesome! Sculpt, articulation, and weapon variety are all there.

Lately Hasbro has been giving us figures with wobbly legs and/or gummy body parts. There's none of that on this figure. He's solid as a rock, the way action figures should be. Also, he's got multiple points of articulation and ....lo and behold.....he DOESN'T cost $15 (on his own) like a Star Wars figure with the same articulation would. If this is the last new GI Joe I get for a while (which it very well could be) I am going out on top with this one. Great figure!