New Ghostbuster movie happening

Belmont13

An all female Ghostbusters cast sounds very gimmicky to me. It is like the time when Hollywood was remaking old American TV shows and movies and purposely recasting the whole cast as a differently ethnicity from the original just to put in racially offensive stereotypes and jokes. It is one thing to cast an actor of a different ethnic group for the lead role like Will Smith in "I am Legend", but it is another thing when casting the cast of The Honeymooners with an African American cast just to further straighten the negative stereotypes of African Americans. I can see that the Ghostbusters remake would go with this approach, but with female negative stereotypes and jokes. It is cool to have a movie with an all-women cast, but to go with a "thinking out loud" idea from Bill Murray and running with it seems rather brash.

An all female Ghostbusters cast sounds very gimmicky to me.

I agree, but any dissenting feeling/reservation toward an all-women cast has been met with instant cries of misogyny, dividing the Ghostbusters fans community. You should check out the forums on gbfans...madness.

in case you didnt see it, Feig's first unfunny and pithy response to the then rumors:

"Interesting how making a movie with men in lead roles is normal but making a movie with women in lead roles is a "gimmick." #it's2014

#$## you right up your hashtag, Paul.

When you have to defend your angle for making a reboot, then you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. They're about to make a huge mistake, and it has nothing to do with political correctness...or then again, maybe it does. Bah...

When you have to defend your angle for making a reboot, then you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. They're about to make a huge mistake, and it has nothing to do with political correctness...or then again, maybe it does. Bah...

Agreed, plus I'd rather be labeled politically incorrect and a misogynist than back up this turd of a project.

Agreed, plus I'd rather be labeled politically incorrect and a misogynist than back up this turd of a project.

Haha...agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I hate to say this but I'm reserving judgment on this one. At least until there's more information...official movie images, a trailer...then I'll decide if I want to see it.

The truth is, beyond the original cast getting back together (which wouldn't be the same anyway without Ramis and in all honesty I wouldn't want to see them try it) I don't really care who they get for the movie. Male or female. I am far from a "politically correct" guy. Is the all female cast a gimmick? Eh, maybe. But if the final product is good, who cares?

I'm really not interested in seeing a Ghostbusters movie with Melissa Mccarthy or Kristen Wiig. I hate most sequels that come out 20 something years after the originals anyways.

Psycho II, in my opinion, is the only one worth a damn. It knew it could never match Hitchcock's cinematic style, but turned out a pretty decent psychological thriller in line with the slasher horror genre of the time.

Psycho-2-shovel-hit.gif

Man, I hate to say this but I'm reserving judgment on this one. At least until there's more information...official movie images, a trailer...then I'll decide if I want to see it.

The truth is, beyond the original cast getting back together (which wouldn't be the same anyway without Ramis and in all honesty I wouldn't want to see them try it) I don't really care who they get for the movie. Male or female. I am far from a "politically correct" guy. Is the all female cast a gimmick? Eh, maybe. But if the final product is good, who cares?

Yup after Ramis past away any light from this sequel project sputtered out....I give my thumbs up on the reboot & I don't care if it has women, kids or centaurs....just as long as its good....if it sux it sux & its another failed attempt on the backburner....GB2 was horrible love letter to the fans anyway....so GB3 would have to work even harder to overcome that feculence....we will always have the original the only....Ghostbusters....

I'm really not interested in seeing a Ghostbusters movie with Melissa Mccarthy or Kristen Wiig. I hate most sequels that come out 20 something years after the originals anyways.

Psycho II, in my opinion, is the only one worth a damn. It knew it could never match Hitchcock's cinematic style, but turned out a pretty decent psychological thriller in line with the slasher horror genre of the time.

Psycho-2-shovel-hit.gif

I found Jessica Biel's Texas Chainsaw Massacre to be very good for a remake, obviously not as great in the psychologically terrifying sense as the original but it was still pretty good. I'm just sick and tired of Hollywood looking at an old property and instead of analyzing why that particular movie was successful in terms of human struggle, story etc. they just see the dollar signs they are gonna make by taking the movie and making it cool, edgy, gritty, dark, heavy on the side effects and whatever else they can come up with while stripping said property of the heart and soul which made it popular in the same place. Now if people want to see it or get excited the yeah let them I'm not here to change their minds or tell them what they should like but I'm not gonna conform to whatever crap they shell out just because it happens to be based on something I loved as a child.

It's a nice picture but it exacerbates how tragic Harold Ramis passing is, would have been nice if one of them was holding a picture of him or something.

Yeah. I also wonder if they tried at all to get Rick Moranis in on this.

Yeah I wonder what happened there with Moranis being absent from the picture.

Aww man...those new pics of the original cast members makes me want to see them come back even more. I even wouldn't mind a new team so much if these guys were still involved on some level.