• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ML Walgreens?...

#1 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Wolverine
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...23&itemid=22759

I didn't realize they were in the business of attracting collectors...

#2 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

They've done it before with other companies so why not Hasbro. The big plus side here is if they'll do a ML exclusive they might do other Hasbro toyline exclusives.

#3 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Mer-Man

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

Wonder what CVS has in store...

#4 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Trypticon

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

This is funny seeing as how I'm just returning from my honeymoon in Puerto Rico where there is literally one Wallgreens for every mile of road you drive down. No comic book or collectibles stores, but all the Wallgreens' you could possibly want.

#5 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 23 June 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

They've done it before with other companies so why not Hasbro. The big plus side here is if they'll do a ML exclusive they might do other Hasbro toyline exclusives.

Walgreens Exclusive 6" Black Series Boba Fett Figure Coming?!?

#6 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

Terrific. Walgreens can't even fill a prescription properly, yet someone, somehow decided they would make a viable toy outlet.

#7 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hmmm...Walgreens huh?

I never go there.

#8 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Just a heads up the pre-order for Walgreens Venom is up as well as the White Boba Fett....

http://www.walgreens...6257703-product

#9 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Thanks. Preordered

#10 User is offline   supreme-d 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Very upset these Venom figures are already sold out. I was actually a fan of the Agent Venom series, and really wanted this figure. How many actual fans of Flash Thompson Venom were there, because I thought I was alone in this...

#11 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

I got mine for $35 shipped both him and Boba thanks to rewards! Really can't wait to get mine :)
Draven

#12 User is offline   supreme-d 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

Picked this figure up last night. It's pretty nifty, and I'm very glad I got lucky and found it. There were 6 left at that store, and there's another Walgreen's literally 45 seconds down the road, so there are probably a decent amount in my area. PM me for location or if you really want me to try to get one for you.

#13 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

got um
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Professor 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

View Postmako, on 25 June 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

Terrific. Walgreens can't even fill a prescription properly, yet someone, somehow decided they would make a viable toy outlet.

They handled the pre-orders better than TRU has ever handled any pre-orders... At least in my experience. Maybe they'll be a better toy store than drug store!

#15 User is offline   supreme-d 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostProfessor, on 29 August 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

They handled the pre-orders better than TRU has ever handled any pre-orders... At least in my experience. Maybe they'll be a better toy store than drug store!

I agree, the whole Walgreens experience has been the least stressful toy buying instance I can recall in a long time. By contrast, my local Toys'r'us just got Winter Soldier legends within the last 2 weeks.

#16 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

Sadly, I wouldn't know. I've got a Walgreens literally less than a block from my house, but they have squat. I read somewhere these are only hitting the non-24 hour stores, and you guessed it, mine is 24-7.

#17 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

View Postmako, on 02 September 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Sadly, I wouldn't know. I've got a Walgreens literally less than a block from my house, but they have squat. I read somewhere these are only hitting the non-24 hour stores, and you guessed it, mine is 24-7.

Mine was a 24hr store and they had the display box, I did talk to a manager that said some won't be getting them if it's not on the plano gram.

#18 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

I have yet to see the Agent Venom at all in my area. We got the Game Of Thrones figures however. I really trying to find one for a someone I know.

#19 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

jedimaster-c said:

1409698705[/url]' post='16814615']
I have yet to see the Agent Venom at all in my area. We got the Game Of Thrones figures however. I really trying to find one for a someone I know.

Yeah, I have not found any either. Star Wars are MIA too. I will let you know if I see them

#20 User is offline   Haffa007 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

I have to say that even though I havent found any of these in my area yet, the 2 walgreens that I have called are very helpful. Both stores managers that I spoke to took down my name and Phone # and said they would put them aside for me and call me when they come in. One Manager was in the middle of unloading a delivery as we spoke so I gave her the skew # and she said that it was on the truck and she would call me when the truck is unloaded. They even took down my info for when they get in the Boba Fetts as well. When was the last time you got this type of service at Target, Walmart or TRU???

#21 User is offline   Haffa007 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

So as a continuation of yesterday's post, the manger called me when she got venom and held it for me till I picked it up today. They didn't have boba in yet but she will be calling me when he comes in!!! This has been a great experience. I suggest you guys try this all well. I live on Long Island and the Farmingdale store is who helped me out as well as east meadow store. I only picked up 2, one to keep sealed and one to customize as thunderbolts. The display looks like it holds 12. Good luck!!

#22 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

I have read reports/stories where either the employees are very helpful or very rude and dismissive, although I can understand after the 20th call from either collectors and scalpers how they can be dismissive.

#23 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Wolverine

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Found Agent Venom at Walgreens today... The price is $14.99 if you have a Walgreens card...

#24 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

Great Deal ND.....I stopped off at 6 WG's yesterday & only 2 stores had the Venom & one other had em but sold out already as some dude came in a picked the whole case off....One of the stores had an ML Carnage....this is the second time I've seen him since they started selling....all the places I stopped the employee's were very helpful lookin for stuff...I even spotted an GOThrones White Walker & Ned Stark....I was hunting for SW Black so I left all these cool finds on the shelves...

#25 User is offline   supreme-d 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

There were a lot of these on sale from vendors at the Baltimore Comic-con this weekend. They were all being sold at a dramatic mark-up. I didn't know we had so many scalper toyshops in the nearby area.

Off-topic: Did anyone else go to the Baltimore comic-con? This was my first con, and it was pretty fun. I got to attend a panel from the Miracleman creative team (minus Gary Leech, Nail Gaiman, and of course Alan Moore), picked up collected editions of Valiant books for super cheap at the Valiant booth, and got to meet one of my favorite artist of all time (Tom Raney) and peruse his original Stormwatch and Mutant X covers. Barry Kitson signed something for me. Also, Jerry Lawler was there, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him, because someone asked to interview him right before I walked over (I hope their file got corrupted).

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us