Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harold Ramis has passed away

#1 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Sad news for fans of Ghostbusters and many of the most important comedies of the 70's and 80's.

http://www.comingsoo...s.php?id=115260

#2 User is online   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Oh no. Very sad news. Watching and rewatching Ghostbusters was one of my pastimes when I was a kid. I always liked Egon the best. He was the "glasses" guy...I had glasses. That's all it takes to have something resonate for a young kid sometimes, for one of the heroes on TV to have something in common with no matter how little.

This is pretty shocking, actually. RIP, Harold Ramis.

#3 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

What a loss...he is tied to some many great comedy movies!

#4 User is offline   Haffa007 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

Very Sad news. He was a classic. Now there will never be a Ghostbusters 3.

#5 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

I first it I thought somebody was pulling my leg

Last I heard he was working on trying to get Ghostbusters 3 going.He is my mothers age and it gets you thinking

#6 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

I was lucky to get to see him perform at a Second City reunion show about 6 years ago. He got planted in the crowd right next to me in a "Town Hall" sketch. I'll miss him most in my love of the realms of SCTV and Ghostbusters. :(

Posted Image

"See you on the other side, Egon."

#7 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostHaffa007, on 24 February 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

RELAUNCH!!! With a black/female Egon!!!

Sorry, :-( RIP

#8 User is offline   Haffa007 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

LOL...Well then he will be rolling over in his grave. Or better yet I hope he haunts the set as a real Ghost!

View PostJoeRhyno, on 24 February 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

#9 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Do or do not...there is no try."

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

When I heard about this today, it was like a kick in the gut. God bless him and his family. So very sad...

#10 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 24 February 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

yeah and maybe they'll get michael bay to direct it...

seriously though, this is sad news. i loved his characters in GB and Stripes. i even liked him in Orange County. i wish the best for his family. RIP

#11 User is offline   burtm 

• Andorian

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

and I thought, Spengler would be the last to kick the bucket from the group, he looked like it.

RIP though Harold Egon Ramis.

#12 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:23 AM

In the scope of the Universe & w/the troubles of today's world, movies like Ghostbusters or Stripes may not mean much to some but for me it was everything....its true that one of the worlds most effective weapons is laughter.........laughter sweet laughter who can't do w/out it.....Ramis played alot of straight men to some powerhouse comedians but for me he was never too overshadowed w/his effective nonchalant charm & comedic timing....the man wrote some great stuff & was apart of so many of my all time favorite comedies....my belly laughs from the 70's, 80's & 90's are prolly reaching the outer atmosphere today, hanging around space as I write this.....the movies he either wrote, directed, produced or starred in are etched in my go-to quotes when times are tough & I need some laughter in my life.....in my earlier years when the darkness was more prevalent & the sunshine rarely won its day, I can recall sitting in my easy chair losing myself in these flicks....one of my favorites was Groundhog Day...Murray goes from light to dark then back again, sappy ending or not its still one my favs....the scene in "knocked up" w/Seth Rogen, Ramis didn't seem to be acting at all....but I guess that was alot of his greatest characters.....him just being himself....& for that he will always have a place in my childhood & helping sculpt its awesomeness.....I saw the memoriam pic of his shadow holding hands w/slimer & it gave me the chills but also some comfort knowing that I was lucky to have some of that humor rub off on my soul....RIP HR

#13 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Well said GD...his passing has truly upset me. Any time I see him on-screen now or in interviews, I truly feel a sense of sadness and loss, as if a part of my childhood has literally died. I loved the man. I loved his work as both an actor and a director. When his image appeared on the tribute montage during the Oscars last night of those that had passed away, I was almost moved to tears when I saw him. It's really affected me in an unexpectedly profound way.

A few months ago I was so proud of finding the Egon/Ray 12-inch two-pack at Big Lots. Egon was just such a beloved character for me, and now I will proudly display it to remind me of the admiration I had for the man and the fun memories his films brought to me.

#14 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Padme Amidala

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

That's what you think. Even though they don't have Ramis,they're planning on starting filming in 2015.

#15 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

View Posthamsterboy, on 08 July 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

That's what you think. Even though they don't have Ramis,they're planning on starting filming in 2015.

We've been hearing "starting filming in______" since the early 90s.

#16 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Padme Amidala

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

I'm just saying what was on Yahoo yesterday. They said Sigourney Weaver told them it's to start in NYC then.

#17 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

View Posthamsterboy, on 08 July 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

I'm just saying what was on Yahoo yesterday. They said Sigourney Weaver told them it's to start in NYC then.

aaaaaaand here we go again!
http://globalnews.ca...-money-aykroyd/

#18 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Female-centric Ghostbusters reboot?
http://www.ign.com/a...tbusters-reboot

NO. THANKS.

#19 User is online   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 02 August 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Female-centric Ghostbusters reboot?
http://www.ign.com/a...tbusters-reboot

NO. THANKS.

I'm not even paying attention to Ghostbusters movie "news" any more. No offence, but I didn't even click on that link. I don't need to. Now they're mulling over a female GB team? Check. Got it. And next month it will be a different rumor.

I think at this point, after so many years and the passing of one of the main characters, they should probably let GB rest in peace, but they won't. It's an old franchise that's still waiting to be tapped by modern Hollywood execs who don't have an original idea in their head. The only thing you need to know is, come hell or high water, come old age or the passing away of all original cast members, they WILL crank this out eventually.

#20 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Ha ha...this reminds me of the stuff I read once about the fourth Rambo movie being about John Rambo hunting down a genetically engineered superhuman creature that the government wants back/captured/and/or killed. Any time a studio veers too far away from what made a given franchise great, it's creative suicide. They'll never learn...

Oh yeah, I just told my wife what we were talking about, and she said, "That sucks!!" She's a male chauvinistic pig.(lol)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us