Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WWE Network

#1 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

so with news of the WWE network launching 2/21/14, who will get it?

i'm not huge into wrestling, but $9.99 per month is quite a bargain for what you get. you get all the payperview programs for free and (my favorite part) you get to watch thousands of hours of the old classic matches. i'm so excited to see all the old wrestlemania's, royal rumbles, summerslams, and saturday night's main events from when i was a kid. getting to see all the greats in their prime will be so cool!

#2 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

I've thought about signing up.

#3 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Sounds great!

#4 User is offline   jedicrippler 

• We've got movie sign!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Oh yeah, definitely signing up. Heck, I subscribed to Classics on Demand as well. For $8 a month it was worth it. All the various shows (AWA, WCCW, ECW, NWA, Mid-Atlantic, Stampede), rotating sets of matches in various themed categories, various "big" shows (PPVs, Clash shows, etc.) & a couple classic house shows a month. Typically it was well over 40 hours each month & a ton of it stuff I'd never seen.

$2 more for the Network & I get each month's PPV plus access to all the CoD stuff & more whenever I want? Oh he'll yeah!

#5 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

I take it the TV version didn't do so well?

#6 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

• Two are better than one

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

I will be signing up for it as well. Keep in mind though that you have to sign up for 6 months at a time. But there just seems to be no down side considering you get all the PPVs for free.

#7 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

i dont have an xbox 360 or ps3/4, so i'll have to get a roku so i can streem it on my tv. the roku's run from $45-100.

#8 User is offline   SKYWARP 

• Decepticon Forever!

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

I just wonder what the price is going to be after the first 6 months?

#9 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

• Two are better than one

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

There are no scheduled price raises right now. They are shooting for 1,000,000 subscribers within that first 6 months so they can break even. I think it is quite doable. I have signed up, and while I enjoy the insane amount of old PPV's available, I do wish there was more original programming. I'm sure that will come soon.

#10 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

I signed up, although I'm kind of bummed that you can't login on the 360 right now, so I'm reduced to watching on my laptop.

Tonight I was watching the iconic '96 Bash At The Beach PPV where Hogan turned heel. I'm glad they didn't cut out Benoit's matches. It is rather strange that they don't note his matches on the video timeline like they do for all of the other matches though.

For those of you who don't have it, it has a little dot on the timeline for the video, that if you hover over it, it tells you where each match starts, and who is in the match. Then it also has another dot for where the match ends, and who won it and how, so you know how far to skip ahead if you want. For Benoit's matches, this isn't there...

#11 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

Do they have all of the old TV programming on the site as well? I'd love to see Nitro back when cruiserweights dominated the early hours of the show.

#12 User is offline   jedicrippler 

• We've got movie sign!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Not at the moment, but they'll be adding more programming each month. Right now it's almost all PPVs from WWF/E, WCW & ECW (there's about a dozen missing, mostly WCW foreign shows: When Worlds Collide, Collision in Korea, the Japan Supershows & some German one I don't even remember). They also have the last year or so of Raw & SD, a few ECWs from their verrrrrrry early days, a WCCW show, a few house shows, recent eps of the other current shows (NXT, Main Event & Superstars) & the first couple exclusive shows.

#13 User is offline   PanamaZartan 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

View Postjedicrippler, on 28 February 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Not at the moment, but they'll be adding more programming each month. Right now it's almost all PPVs from WWF/E, WCW & ECW (there's about a dozen missing, mostly WCW foreign shows: When Worlds Collide, Collision in Korea, the Japan Supershows & some German one I don't even remember). They also have the last year or so of Raw & SD, a few ECWs from their verrrrrrry early days, a WCCW show, a few house shows, recent eps of the other current shows (NXT, Main Event & Superstars) & the first couple exclusive shows.

Other WCW shows missing which I was really looking forward to watch in HD are the Clash of the Champions. But I thing those not being PPVs, they're out of the equation. Hopefully they'll add those somewhere down the line.

I'm also hoping they put some NWA/WCW TV shows like Nitro, WCW Saturday Night, NWA World Wide Wrestling, etc.

#14 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 28 February 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Do they have all of the old TV programming on the site as well? I'd love to see Nitro back when cruiserweights dominated the early hours of the show.

Many of the WCW PPV's are great to watch for this very reason. Rey Mysterio, Malenko, Ultimo Dragon, Juventud Guerrera...they were all a blast to watch. I really think the current state of the WWE could be improved greatly if they could get some mid-card wrestlers that could put on entertaining matches like these guys did.

#15 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

It's also what make ECW fun to watch.

#16 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

To those who have signed up do they have the In Your House available? That would be a big incentive for me to join since I missed out on a lot of those.

#17 User is offline   Orlock182 

• Romulan

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostBelmont13, on 31 March 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

To those who have signed up do they have the In Your House available? That would be a big incentive for me to join since I missed out on a lot of those.

From what I can see they have EVERY WWE/WWF ppv available to watch. All of the In your house ppv's as well.

As for what I watch on there? Just NXT and The Legends of Wrestling. NXT because it's incredible wrestling with solid characters, and The legends of wrestling because it's awesome to watch and listen to all these wrestling greats tell stories about certain subjects.

#18 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostOrlock182, on 31 March 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

View PostBelmont13, on 31 March 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

From what I can see they have EVERY WWE/WWF ppv available to watch. All of the In your house ppv's as well.

As for what I watch on there? Just NXT and The Legends of Wrestling. NXT because it's incredible wrestling with solid characters, and The legends of wrestling because it's awesome to watch and listen to all these wrestling greats tell stories about certain subjects.

Cool, thanks! considering how disappointed I am in WWE's current state of affairs I think I'll give this chance and remember better times.

#19 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Honestly, watching all of the old PPV's on the network have rekindled my interest in wrestling. I'm even enjoying the current WWE roster...and it's been quite awhile since I've been able to say that.

#20 User is offline   Orlock182 

• Romulan

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

The only reason I have it is for wrestlemania and random Undertaker/ Mick Foley match binges. Finding out how great nxt was, and getting to watch Legends of wrestling is a bonus for me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us