New Fantastic Four movie

featofstrength

African American Johnny Storm was just the beginning...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65887

http://www.acting-auditions.org/2013/12/20th-century-fox-feature-film-the-fantastic-four-casting-lead-actors-and-hiring-crew-members.html

“The Fantastic Four’ will tell the story of two very young friends, Reed Richards and Ben Grimm. After an event transforms the boys, they find themselves empowered with bizarre new abilities. Reed becomes a scientific genius who can stretch, twist and re-shape his body to inhuman proportions. Ben becomes a monstrous, craggy humanoid with orange, rock-like skin and super strength. However, the two end up being owned by the government and used as weapons. But after they mature, two others with powers come into the picture – Sue Storm “The Invisible Girl” and Johnny Storm “The Human Torch.”

It never fails to amaze me how Hollyweird will make a movie about a huge fan-favored comic property, hoping to catch some of that fan base, only to change everything about the project so it bares absolutely no resemblance to the source material. Thus they alienate the very fan base who's interest they're attempting to capture.

Amen Mako....everytime some bassackward script writer/director/producer tries to re-imagine their version of things it seems to turn to "Soup Sandwich"....at first we get excited about the fact their gonna bring a treasure to the big screen but in the mire of hollywood it becomes a farce...for me the G.I. Joe franchise was a big mess & the fact they're making a 3rd one w/the same inept director shows they don't care & their target audience doesn't either....just keep pumping out the visual feculence & people will come....Green Lantern, Xmen, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spiderman...the list will continue, if this storyline is true its a shame they would stray from the storylines that made Marvel a clubhouse name.....is Fox undertaking this too like they did Un-amazing Spiderman? so they don't lose the rights to Disney?

the Thing...

Josh%20Gad_big.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65933

Maybe im out of the loop, but who the #$## is Josh Gad? First they give him the greenlight with a Gilligan's Island movie, and now this...read a lot of feedback on him with the words "poor man's Jonah Hill"

I don't care how talented he is...he's got one of those faces that you just wanna punch. Especially when they pose like that for photos...wipe that smug, Phillip Seymor Hoffman smirk off your face, boy!

the Thing...

Josh%20Gad_big.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65933

Maybe im out of the loop, but who the #$## is Josh Gad? First they give him the greenlight with a Gilligan's Island movie, and now this...read a lot of feedback on him with the words "poor man's Jonah Hill"

I don't care how talented he is...he's got one of those faces that you just wanna punch. Especially when they pose like that for photos...wipe that smug, Phillip Seymor Hoffman smirk off your face, boy!

Bless his little heart...he looks like the lovechild of Pat from SNL and Seinfeld's George Costanza. (lol)

and that is saying alot since FOX hasn't done a good one yet

A good FF or good comic book movie?

If FF, True. Why does a do-over have to be so radical in change? Could they not identify the problems with the previous movies? (hint one: Doctor D___)

a good Comic book movie. period.

If FF, True. Why does a do-over have to be so radical in change? Could they not identify the problems with the previous movies? (hint one: Doctor D___)

really? someone is seeing those X-men movies. X-2 is one of the tops for me

really? someone is seeing those X-men movies. X-2 is one of the tops for me

yup. including all the X-films. they all suck.

err.. actually, THE WOLVERINE was kinda good (aside from the stupid Silver Samurai junk). but that's it.

Not everything from Fox was a dud. The first X-Men wasn't perfect but it was a decent effort. X2 was good and despite what you might think about Singer, I think his leaving might have derailed things a bit because then Ratner came in for X3 and suddenly you have a ton of things that need to be "fixed".

First Class was really good except for the extremely frustrating inclusion of Havok. Something that could have easily been avoided if only someone in charge would have stepped in and said, "you can't use him, he's Cyclops' brother!" He was not necessary for the plot at all, it could have been almost any other mutant. Aside from that, the whole chemistry with Magneto and Xavier and the backdrop of the Cuban Missile Crisis was very interesting and well made.

Yeah, Fantastic Four was not so good. But Alba Invisible Woman was easy on the eyes, definitely.

yup. including all the X-films. they all suck.

disagree.

Not everything from Fox was a dud. The first X-Men wasn't perfect but it was a decent effort. X2 was good and despite what you might think about Singer, I think his leaving might have derailed things a bit because then Ratner came in for X3 and suddenly you have a ton of things that need to be "fixed".

First Class was really good except for the extremely frustrating inclusion of Havok. Something that could have easily been avoided if only someone in charge would have stepped in and said, "you can't use him, he's Cyclops' brother!" He was not necessary for the plot at all, it could have been almost any other mutant. Aside from that, the whole chemistry with Magneto and Xavier and the backdrop of the Cuban Missile Crisis was very interesting and well made.

I agree, except for nerd nitpicking Havok with First Class. :) The worst part about that was Emma Frost...I thought she turned into a crystal/diamond like substance instead of oak/cherry? Sure character/storylines in comics have to be tweaked for simplicity, budget, whatever...if not good comic book movies, there are several x-men entries that are good films: well acted, well-paced, and cinematically feasible.

I don't understand X-2 backlash...at the time, seeing Wolverine stab a guy against a fridge was every geeks wetdream come true. Every nerdy aspect fit well within the story they wanted to tell without being too geek-catering...good movie.

I thought The Wolverine was great...up to the "big dumb ending"....where he fought Iron Monger...

I agree, except for nerd nitpicking Havok with First Class. :) The worst part about that was Emma Frost...I thought she turned into a crystal/diamond like substance instead of oak/cherry? Sure character/storylines in comics have to be tweaked for simplicity, budget, whatever...if not good comic book movies, there are several x-men entries that are good films: well acted, well-paced, and cinematically feasible.

I don't think I nit pick a lot but I stand by that one. Cyclops and Havok have a cool origin. Would have been nice to see in the movies.

Yeah, as a stand alone film, First Class gets an A. Hard to fit it in with later continuity because of the Havok thing and Xavier being wheelchair bound at such a young age (he was up and walking as "old" Xavier in Origins Wolverine and X3). But oh well.

The fiance has been watching all the X-movies and that one's next on deck. Looking forward to seeing it again. Except I let her friend borrow it.....

It's really a shame that the Fantastic Four are still with Fox. Had they been built up under Marvel's own studio, having an Avengers/F4 crossover would be very cool.

As far as X-Men films go, I think X1 was really good for its time. There hadn't been a serious Marvel comic book film besides Blade before it. X2 delivered what featsofstrength said. X3 was the one that you knew something was wrong with this franchise, but First Class tried to right the ship and hopefuly DoFP will build upon that. The Wolverine was also a step in the right direction besides the aforementioned Iron Monger battle at the end.

Cyclops and Havok have a cool origin. Would have been nice to see in the movies.

Corsair_Summers.jpg

HELL YEAH!

You're probably saying that as sarcasm but I like Corseair. The Dave Cockrum design, the crazy "push my sons out of the plane and get abducted by aliens" origin, the whole thing. So "hell yeah!" indeed.

Cyclops and Havok have a cool origin. Would have been nice to see in the movies.

Corsair_Summers.jpg

HELL YEAH!

You're probably saying that as sarcasm but I like Corseair. The Dave Cockrum design, the crazy "push my sons out of the plane and get abducted by aliens" origin, the whole thing. So "hell yeah!" indeed.

I like the Starjammers. Wish they could get the push that Guardians of the Galaxy is getting.

• 2 weeks later...

Corsair_Summers.jpg

HELL YEAH!

I like the Starjammers. Wish they could get the push that Guardians of the Galaxy is getting.

I'm sure if Guardians is a hit, Fox will announce and Starjammers movie ASAP.I mean it has a good hook. You start the movie with the couple and two kids in a plane (you don't even have to tie it directly to the X-men), show the plane getting abducted, the two kids getting pushed out with a parachute. Then the screen goes black. Then have Christopher wake up and the rest of the movie is about him trying to find his wife and get back to his kids. That's a great set up.

No doubt she was Reed's scorned lover from college and she's vowed revenge against him, his new blonde wife, and her somehow-African-American brother.

What a mess! I'm not much of an FF fan but I feel bad for those that are.

oh now they start to change males into females? no wonder i don't check these in theaters anymore. a 5usd bluray buy down the road is enough. iron man 3 gave it a rest for me. marvel, fox, sony everything is the same. they change everything just to sell different types of toys and thats it. maybe hasbro should tell them that they shouldn't change the designs so much because there is more profit in the reuse of sculpts @loll@

Why on earth does Hollywood feel the need to consistently bastardize the origins of comic based movies?! Haven’t they learned that those franchises have been successful over a span of many years for a reason? I would think that they want to make hit movies that people want to see and will praise about later, but no, they'd rather make some bastardized version that they got to put "their touch" on and screw over the fan base who made the franchise successful to begin with. it makes no sense! Make the film the way it is suppose to be made and reap all of the rewards!!!

I don’t mind having a black Johnny Storm. But if they do that, they need to cast sue (HIS SISTER!!!) black as well. I don’t care that the character is not white, but I do care that they would change their relationship. And as far as a female Doom...not diggin it. it feels like a politically correct move to say "hey look what we did! We casted a woman in a major villain roll when it should have been a male role!".