Anyone Else Watching ABC's The Goldbergs?

DarthJoe

I love this show. Every episode is like a jumble of 80's goodness. It's based on the creator's real life growing up in the 80's. One of the more recent episodes called "You're Under Foot" featured a whole bunch of 80's toys, and even dedicated the episode to Megatron at the end.

Here's some screen captures:

13.jpg

62.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

This episode had pretty much every major toy line from the 80's...Thundercats, Transformers, GI Joe, MOTU...and even mentioned quite a few things by name like Skeletor, Castle Grayskull, The USS Flagg, Lion-O and Cheetara.

If you haven't been watching, I would suggest it to anyone who is on these boards. I'm sure you'll love it just for all of the 80's nostalgia if nothing else.

It killed me to see his mom destroy the Flagg as she was trying to lift it up

Ya, I cringed a bit at that part too. @lol@

I did happen to catch the part pictured up top when he has his lil girlfriend & was immediately Jealous of his toys haha......missed the rest of the show, I'm kinda glad I didn't see any harm come to the Flag that woulda hurt my inner 7 year old.....I never owned that prize when I was kid....maybe someday

i love this show. it totally reminds me of my life growing up in the 80's. searching/catching all the little toy/pop culture easter eggs.

My friend phoned me while this episode was on and told me I had to tune in. It was pretty good.

One unforgivable mistake, however: Take a look at the last picture with the kid and the USS Flag, towards the top behind the railing, that's Star Brigade Roadblock...A 90's FIGURE! @smilepunch@

I noticed in the video rental episode a few weeks ago, they tried to pass off a Clone Wars stand-up as a Star Wars/Droids display; I didn't catch it at first, lol.

It's a pretty funny show, like a 1980's Wonder Years

I noticed in the video rental episode a few weeks ago, they tried to pass off a Clone Wars stand-up as a Star Wars/Droids display; I didn't catch it at first, lol.

I noticed that too.I was like"Why am I seeing the Clone Wars version of 3PO and R2?"

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that too.I was like"Why am I seeing the Clone Wars version of 3PO and R2?"

i'm sure it's hard to find interns/staffers who really know their 80's stuff, so they make due with what they can get their hands on.

verizon fios has the series on demand, so you can still catch older episodes.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the adults are portrayed that way on purpose...almost as caricatures of their real life counterparts. After all, these are supposed to be the memories of the writer from his childhood...so I would imagine it's how he perceived them when he was young.

i'm sure it's hard to find interns/staffers who really know their 80's stuff, so they make due with what they can get their hands on.

verizon fios has the series on demand, so you can still catch older episodes.

That 70's Show did the same thing, The Power FX X-Wing and Vader's TIE became Eric's 'models', modern figures became 70's era figures, and the POTF2 Falcon carry case became Eric's Falcon, lol

• 1 month later...

Sometimes during the closing credits they do show videos of the real family from back then.

yeah, those are awesome. i really need to get back into watching this show again. i dont watch too much tv so i've kinda forgotten about it. i missed the last 3 or 4 shows :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...