Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Linda Carter's Wonder Woman

#1 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Well for those that have this network the will start to air Wonder Woman the Linda Carter 70's show.Starting tomorrow night at 8

Check it out here

http://metvnetwork.c...ing-december-28

#2 User is online   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

yeahyuhhhh I was in love w/Linda Carter back in the day.....mmm Loves me some Wonder Woman......I will check this out.....thanx man

#3 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 27 December 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

yeahyuhhhh I was in love w/Linda Carter back in the day.....

lol, who wasnt in love with linda carter/jwonder woman back in the day?!

#4 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 28 December 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I know I hit puberty watching her run across the tv back in the day...

#5 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

I dvr'ed it and watched it this morning.Still to this day I don't know why they shifted from WW2 in the first season to 1977 in the second

#6 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Baxter Stockman

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

#7 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 29 December 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

People say the 50's were the Golden Age of TV.Since I wasn't around then too me it was the late 70's early 80's.You knew the stars you knew everybody.Now id this show was to be done it would be like who cares? We don't know most of the people on TV nowadays anyways

Linda Carter was on Two and a half men a few weeks back and she had a lesbian three way insinuated at the end of the show as she came out of Alan's Nieces room.Yep she played herself on that episode and she is still hot

#8 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 29 December 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Still to this day I don't know why they shifted from WW2 in the first season to 1977 in the second

CBS felt the show would be a better fit with their own programming if they went a little less "campy" than the 5th Columnists, Nazi Aces, saboteurs, evil baroness', and feminist pontifications of the ABC version. I personally thought it was a nice move as such '70's main-stays as the tweed mafia, James Bondian super spies and alien invasions gave a lot more variety to Wonder Woman's adventures than just fighting Nazi's.

It also helped side-step the big question: If Diana had an invisible plane that could carry her deep into enemy territory (and frequently did), why not just take an early coffee-break shuttle over to Berlin and kick the $#!+ out of Hitler so they could call off the war and go home?

#9 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postmako, on 30 December 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Still to this day I don't know why they shifted from WW2 in the first season to 1977 in the second

CBS felt the show would be a better fit with their own programming if they went a little less "campy" than the 5th Columnists, Nazi Aces, saboteurs, evil baroness', and feminist pontifications of the ABC version. I personally thought it was a nice move as such '70's main-stays as the tweed mafia, James Bondian super spies and alien invasions gave a lot more variety to Wonder Woman's adventures than just fighting Nazi's.

It also helped side-step the big question: If Diana had an invisible plane that could carry her deep into enemy territory (and frequently did), why not just take an early coffee-break shuttle over to Berlin and kick the $#!+ out of Hitler so they could call off the war and go home?

How was this explained in season 2? Steve and her never aged

#10 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 30 December 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 30 December 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

How was this explained in season 2? Steve and her never aged

They moved the show to modern times for the second season because it cost less to produce.

Steve is the originals son but Diana is over a thousand years old...

#11 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Baxter Stockman

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 29 December 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

People say the 50's were the Golden Age of TV.Since I wasn't around then too me it was the late 70's early 80's.You knew the stars you knew everybody.Now id this show was to be done it would be like who cares? We don't know most of the people on TV nowadays anyways

50s TV got the ball rollin, but was more or less radio shows with moving pictures. I'd argue that the real golden age was the 60s thru early 70s...so many new ideas. After that everything is derivative or simply playing with or deconstructing conventions established the era before, usually with some pretention or icky message. There are shining exceptions, but the motherload of gold still came from the 60s

I wasn't around then, but was raised on local uhf programming... and better for it. If only reruns of say Beverly hillbillies were as plentiful as reruns of 2 1/2 men for the young minds of today... sigh...

#12 User is online   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 28 December 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

my current Gf that's who....haha I was chattering on about Linda Carter the other day about how's she's older now but still hawwwt to me & she got just a lil bit jealous haha I don't berate my Gf when were watching football & she talks avidly about Larry Fitzgerald's buttt & how she could bounce a half dollar or her face off that bad-boy....jeez the hypocrazy......I actually checked out the first episode on my DVR the other day.....whew that writing wasn't the best.....& she went into the locker-room a few times but dammit she prefers twirling her way into Wonder Womans outfit......bummer....well back in my day we had this thing called undressing & it wasn't cool or hep but we that's just what we did at the time....course my underoos were always underneath my play clothes just in case any alien invasions or falling airplanes needed the might of superman...hell I even had the tiny curl of hair on my forehead just like Chris Reeves....we need a WonderWoman series now more than ever, I've been milling around the Cast & just off hand I'm thinking Kat Dennings but my judgment maybe DDubious @Smoke2@

#13 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

A classic episode tonight boys and girls!

Not only were we treated to the truly terrible musical stylings of Dick Van Patten and a blink and you miss it appearance by the future ex-Mrs. Michael Crichton, Anne-Marie Martin (in her Eddie Benton days), but we also saw the first use of Wonder Woman's classic ballet inspired spin-transformation.

Tune in next week for Debra Wingers first appearance as a strangely butch TV version of Wonder Girl.

#14 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

lol omg Bobby Van was the bad guy in this episode..He guest starred on most shows in the 70's.Plus I was wondering when we would see her famous spin with the explosion from what they had been showing.

#15 User is online   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

View Postmako, on 12 January 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

A classic episode tonight boys and girls!

Not only were we treated to the truly terrible musical stylings of Dick Van Patten and a blink and you miss it appearance by the future ex-Mrs. Michael Crichton, Anne-Marie Martin (in her Eddie Benton days), but we also saw the first use of Wonder Woman's classic ballet inspired spin-transformation.

Tune in next week for Debra Wingers first appearance as a strangely butch TV version of Wonder Girl.

DVP DVP DVP! No one can play King Roland Like DVP.....would I Lie?? great celebrity appearance, kinda miss those Fantasy Island/Love Boat Celebrity Moments.....

#16 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

This past week we seen Debra Winger as Wonder Girl and she was also Diana;s sister Drewcilla.Hypolita was played by Carolyn Jones aka Mortisha Adams.It is a two parter

#17 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

Hey, let's not forget one of my all-time favorite actors, John Saxon as Captain Radl. Of course he'd probably be better recognized as Det. Thompson, the father of Heather Langenkamp's character in the Nightmare on Elm Street movies (also appearing as himself in Wes Craven's New Nightmare) or my personal favorite, the Han Soloesque Roper from Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon. If you're a true TV geek, you'll also recognize him as Dr. Dolenz' first evil robot, and a precursor to the Fembots, on the Six Million Dollar Man.

Not quite as obvious, but still interesting is Paul Shenar as Lieutenant Wertz, who might be recognized as Alejondo Sosa from Scarface.

Also, according to legend, Debra Winger so hated her role as Wonder Girl that she spent all the money she made from the gig buying her way out of a contract she signed that would've made her the lead in a Wonder Woman spin-off. Of course, the fact Wonder Woman was cancelled after only a handful of episodes makes it seem unlikely ABC would've planned any such spin-off making it more than likely the rumor was just another Hollywood fish story.

In any case, another attempt at an ersatz Wonder Girl would be made in Season 2's backdoor pilot for "The Girl from Ilandia."

#18 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Handful?? It was on two seasons and for some reason I think the second season was on CBS

#19 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 22 January 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Handful?? It was on two seasons and for some reason I think the second season was on CBS

ABC ran the first Season of 13 episodes, then when they neglected to pick it up for a full season order (to this day ABC has never formally cancelled Wonder Woman), CBS snatched it up for another two Seasons.

#20 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Here is the pilot episode of the 2011 Wonder Woman that was cancelled before it ever began

https://www.youtube....h?v=pP2s9QvQVZA

#21 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 26 January 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Here is the pilot episode of the 2011 Wonder Woman that was cancelled before it ever began

https://www.youtube....h?v=pP2s9QvQVZA

I'm kind of sorry this never made it to series. Their were some interesting ideas in play. I especially liked the multiple secret identities thing (an idea used in the old "The Shadow" stories).

I would've loved to see how the show played out, but a series focusing on a female action hero won't be catching any breaks in today's Hollywood.

#22 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Oh dear god...

Last night they started to air that second season which they are in the 70's instead of the 40's WW2 era

No explanantion of why they are gov't agaents and Diana was more bitter then she was as a yoeman and it was inder the title as "The New Adventures of Wonder Woman".They have a talking computer that reminds me of Twiki from Buck Rogers

#23 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 30 March 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Oh dear god...

Last night they started to air that second season which they are in the 70's instead of the 40's WW2 era

No explanantion of why they are gov't agaents and Diana was more bitter then she was as a yoeman and it was inder the title as "The New Adventures of Wonder Woman".They have a talking computer that reminds me of Twiki from Buck Rogers

For whatever reason they skipped the two-parter (originally a TV movie) that explained the transition to modern times.

Short version: 30+ years after Diana returns to Paradise Island, she meets I.A.D.C. Agent Steve Trevor Jr. (identical son of Steve Trevor from the ABC season). Realizing mankind is still in danger Diana uses a combination of forged documents, Amazon brainwashing, and some late-seventies computer hacking to establish a new identity as an I.A.D.C. agent in order to protect man (and stay close to Steve).

Sure it may sound a little contrived, but it makes about as much since as Oliver's origin from Arrow.

Plus it gave Wonder Woman a chance to fight threats slightly more befitting of a super heroine including: cold-war era spies, domestic terrorists, aliens, mutated scientists, telekinetic samurai, and Martin Mull as a mind control-flute playing 70's pop muscician (who needs Deathstroke when you have an evil Kenny G.?).

#24 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

View Postmako, on 30 March 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostWheeljack35, on 30 March 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Oh dear god...

For whatever reason they skipped the two-parter (originally a TV movie) that explained the transition to modern times.

Short version: 30+ years after Diana returns to Paradise Island, she meets I.A.D.C. Agent Steve Trevor Jr. (identical son of Steve Trevor from the ABC season). Realizing mankind is still in danger Diana uses a combination of forged documents, Amazon brainwashing, and some late-seventies computer hacking to establish a new identity as an I.A.D.C. agent in order to protect man (and stay close to Steve).

Sure it may sound a little contrived, but it makes about as much since as Oliver's origin from Arrow.

Plus it gave Wonder Woman a chance to fight threats slightly more befitting of a super heroine including: cold-war era spies, domestic terrorists, aliens, mutated scientists, telekinetic samurai, and Martin Mull as a mind control-flute playing 70's pop muscician (who needs Deathstroke when you have an evil Kenny G.?).

Thank you for that info I never knew this..Hopefully ME TV will air it on their friday night movies.They sometimes show the two parters as movies .Last week the the Menegerie from Star Trek as a movie.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us