Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MC Selling Castle Grayskull On Early Access

#1 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

MC is selling Castle Grayskull for the early access and they are selling them at $300.00 a piece. The most you can buy is 99 so anyone want to throw me $34,356 so I can order with overnight shipping?

#2 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

And sure enough... it's still there. I guess people are realizing that although it's a great looking playset... it's not worth $300 and change.

#3 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 12 December 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

And sure enough... it's still there. I guess people are realizing that although it's a great looking playset... it's not worth $300 and change.

I'm waiting till next year's Cyber Munday sale so I can try to not buy it.......@orko@

#4 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

$50 more then what we payed? Wow

#5 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

They said from the beginning that those that pre-ordered it would be getting it cheaper than those that bought it on the day it was released. I don't see why this is a surprise to you guys.

#6 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Yep, they said it would be $300 DoS at around SDCC I believe, if not before.

#7 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 13 December 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

They said from the beginning that those that pre-ordered it would be getting it cheaper than those that bought it on the day it was released. I don't see why this is a surprise to you guys.

Because I forgot

#8 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Scare tactic backfire... Tell people there will be a massive price hike, so buy it while it's cheaper. Now, they will prolly be stuck with hundreds of them. Can we say Wind Raider.

Maybe they will release Point Dread and the Talon Fighter to boost sales of the Castle. LOL!

#9 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

I guess we'll find out when they're going for $200 or less on Black Friday. Or you can walk into a Big Lots and find them for $49.00.

#10 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

$50 for Castle Grayskull at retail would be amazing. They certainly wouldn't last long. But then you'd see a sudden emergence of Castles on ebay at a substantial mark up. LOL!

#11 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostBigBot84, on 13 December 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

I guess we'll find out when they're going for $200 or less on Black Friday. Or you can walk into a Big Lots and find them for $49.00.

Imagine how much bitching there will be if this actually happened...

#12 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

What? Black friday 2014? Thats the next time it hits

#13 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 13 December 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

What? Black friday 2014? Thats the next time it hits

I'm willing to wait that long.....$300 + tax & shipping is an commitment.....my niece gotta Barbie Dream Mansion? I dunno that thing has 3 stories, a working elevator, a working dumbwaiter, noise box w/multiple sounds of rich dolls at play & I'm not sure but I think it came w/a working staff but it cost her dad $150 + tax sooooo I'm waiting for a lower price for CG if not that's fine I still have my old one that He-man can pose his mighty muscles in front of......jeez for $300 you'd think Hasbro could re-issue a USS Flag for us regular Joes...cool castle though maybe my deadbeat Heman can come through and sleep on the couch of one of you who purchased this prized behemoth....

#14 User is offline   voltronforce 

• Andorian

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

Yeah $300 is a bit steep

#15 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Seeing something like this just makes you love MC's selling points even more... MC is selling Castle Grayskull for 50 dollars over cost and the maximum is 99 per customer. But wasn't it maybe 2 months ago that MC had some big scare going on saying that they needed so many orders just to get the castle built or it would be cancelled and that order limited was made with like minutes to spare?

Gotta love how the castle would get cancelled cause of lack of orders but now you can order 99 of them at once shot... ;)

#16 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostOutsiders, on 14 December 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Seeing something like this just makes you love MC's selling points even more... MC is selling Castle Grayskull for 50 dollars over cost and the maximum is 99 per customer. But wasn't it maybe 2 months ago that MC had some big scare going on saying that they needed so many orders just to get the castle built or it would be cancelled and that order limited was made with like minutes to spare?

Gotta love how the castle would get cancelled cause of lack of orders but now you can order 99 of them at once shot... ;)

I wonder if the factory required a minimum of castles to be made, just like the figures. Perhaps the larger the item, the more they need to make to satisfy the factory requirements. That would also explain why they still have so many Wind Raiders. I'm sure Mattel made their projected profits and then some, otherwise they never would have made this castle to begin with. In other words, I believe if they didn't get enough pre-orders, they wouldn't of made it. The scare tactics come into play to maximize profits, but they always get their numbers early IMO. Any extras they will get rid of in time, whether it be through the Big Lots or Mattel outlet stores. In the end, rule of thumb would be to NEVER believe anything Neitlich says.

#17 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

I want to know something...If they make Snake Mountain would anybody here get it? I would love too but to justify close to paying nearly $300 for another toy is out there and I really have no more room for something this big unless I put it in our laundry room

#18 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

Even though I have the CoP and it is superior to TG's mini castle in every way, I'll still buy an official CG on clearance hahaha

#19 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

The only way I'd buy a MOTUC Snake Mountain, is if looked more like the Icon Heroes statue. Naturally, Snake Mountain would need to be bigger than Castle Grayskull... and I simply don't see Mattel doing it. The trick would be to make Snake Mountain modular. If it were designed properly, it could fit in a reasonably sized box for shipping. Then each module could be stacked, making it taller than Grayskull.

This time it would really need to be like the Sectaurs Hyve. One big mountain facade, on the other side it would be nothing but levels and the playability factor would be insane.

#20 User is offline   Romadon 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

300 is too much, i can see them dropping it back to 250$ next black friday, maybe $200 and even then , that might not sell.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us