• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mattel 4" movie figures

#1 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...tart=0&sl=21195

Why, why, why, why, why, why, WHY ARE THESE NOT 6", MATTEL????

These are the ONLY super hero figures that I still care about being made! In SIX INCH form! Not FOUR!

#2 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

That was my whinny fanboy reaction. On the plus side, the Kenner Batman movie fan (me) can finally have a movie accurate Penguin, at least. The Kenner "movie" Penguin was a Superpowers repaint. Looked nothing like DeVito. Of course, the Kenner stuff would still be an inch taller than this new Mattel stuff but Penguin is a squat dude anyway so it may work out. And I guess they DO look pretty good for 4 ". We'll have to see.

#3 User is offline   MrImpossible 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Mattel: "Ah, at last! We've obtained the rights to this glorious opportunity!"

*chunks it out the window*

#4 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Mer-Man

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 10 October 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

http://toynewsi.com/...tart=0&sl=21195

Why, why, why, why, why, why, WHY ARE THESE NOT 6", MATTEL????

These are the ONLY super hero figures that I still care about being made! In SIX INCH form! Not FOUR!

because they're cutting costs by cutting size, and passing the savings on to the consumer: NOT! Bet they are at least $12.99 each

#5 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 10 October 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Bet they are at least $12.99 each

On the bright side, at this scale, and with that soft-goods cape, our chances of getting a Keaton-era Batmobile down the road look good. It'll probably be made of recycled cardboard and SRP for about 80 bucks, but at least there's a chance.

#6 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

because they're cutting costs by cutting size, and passing the savings on to the consumer: NOT! Bet they are at least $12.99 each

So what? Price them at $20 a pop. The sad fact is I'd probably still be down for them.

If I had a 6" Reeve Superman done right, I'd likely sell off all my other Superman figs because I just wouldn't need them.

#7 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

lol, YoJoe, you were just ranting about $20 ML Spidey figs in the other thread... I for one am glad they're 4" or 3.75" because I mainly collect 1:18 stuff. Here's hoping though with today's technology, they sell well and they can bring them out for 6" collectors too(and better articulate them, like MM figs).

#8 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 11 October 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

lol, YoJoe, you were just ranting about $20 ML Spidey figs in the other thread... I for one am glad they're 4" or 3.75" because I mainly collect 1:18 stuff. Here's hoping though with today's technology, they sell well and they can bring them out for 6" collectors too(and better articulate them, like MM figs).

:) I know. Also note my love for those 6" Star Wars. But I'm good on superhero figures.

I'll bite for Keaton Batman, Reeve Superman, and a 90s Jubilee. Aside from those, I'm wrapping it up.

#9 User is offline   RoddyDrama 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

4Inch scale is my Favorite scale so I`m happy with these figures. I'm sure they'll see the 6inch form down the line if these sell well first. Maybe Matty Collecters or when the next Superman movie comes out since Batman will be in that one.

Question, are the other Batman figures (not the Multiverse or Total Heroes, but the more cartoony ones with the Joker and Deathstroke) 4inch scale as well? I'm referring to the these guys:

Posted Image

I've seen them in both 6 and 4 inch scale in the stores but was wondering what scale these new ones will be in.

#10 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yes those batman figures are 4" scale. They will be just like the current 6" ones, meaning the new 4" figures will have more articulation (I believe knee's and elbows at least).

#11 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

• Andorian

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I know it's a big draw to get everyone on board with the smaller figures.
Like, FINALLY, here's your Keaton Bats, your Reeve Supes! C'mon over!!

BAH! Of no use to me and my exclusively 6-inch collection.
I'd buy them in 6-inch in a New York minute.
I'm with Major Bludd on this one.

#12 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

They are way better than the Arkham Origins figures!
Plus yojoebro you must KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! :D

#13 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Giving us these figures in 4-inch form is like a Twilight Zone episode where you get your greatest wish granted but there's some cruel twist to it because you didn't ask for it word for word down to every last detail.

"Ah ah ah! You said you wanted movie versions of Superman and Batman from the '80s to go with your Movie Masters, but you didn't specify 6-inch!" @hmmm@

#14 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

OMG these are awesome!

4 or 6 inch right now I don't care.It will be great to have these figures no matter the size

#15 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I can't get over how great that Penguin looks even for a five poa 4" pos.

#16 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'm mildly interested in these.

#17 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

I can see why Mattel made these 4". They're trying to jumpstart a new 4" line and making some of the most demanded figures in that scale may get people to switch scales. I'll just stick to the 1/4 NECA Keaton Batman coming out.

#18 User is offline   Snowman81 

• Trypticon

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

I've been wanting a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman forever now, but I have no interest in getting a 4" scale version. @grumpy@

#19 User is offline   carrowsboy 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostSnowman81, on 13 October 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I've been wanting a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman forever now, but I have no interest in getting a 4" scale version. @grumpy@

I feel your pain. This one is barely bigger than the 1992 Kenner one.

Mattel jumping on, yet again, another wasted opportunity.

#20 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 10 October 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

So what? Price them at $20 a pop. The sad fact is I'd probably still be down for them.

If I had a 6" Reeve Superman done right, I'd likely sell off all my other Superman figs because I just wouldn't need them.

LOL, you say $20 like that would be some kind of stretch, if these were 6" they would easily be $20 a pop and hence why you are likely seeing Mattel go the 4" route because they see you all #@$#@ and complain about the prices. Here is the thing, I know you said you would probably pay $20 for these but when you complain that ML are $20, companies see that and the message you send is give us lower prices. Now I know you want same quality/scale at lower prices, but in today's market that is less and less feasible and not likely to happen no matter how much you all #@$#@ an scream, so companies are going to go other routes, like give you less articulation or smaller scales.

You guys get mad when you can't have your cake and eat it to but that is the reality of today's market. I personally could care less about these movie figures in either scale but if it were me and I did want these in either scale, then I would spend less time going around the Internet complaining about the size or price and support what your getting, and if Mattel sees the demand then perhaps they will do a larger scale but if they do I can tell you they will easily cost $20 if not more.

#21 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Man, I never thought what I wrote in that Marvel thread would get so much attention. I had to go back and reread what I wrote because I honestly forgot.

The thing is, I never complained about the $20 Marvel price! So I guess I don't know where people are getting that. What I was stating there was I'm good on superheroes, I'm happy with were my super hero collection is at. I passed on almost all of the last three waves of ML even at $15 because I just don't need most of them. If Hasbro raises their prices $5 per figure, FINE! Yes it sucks, but it is what it is.

Yes, I DO still want 6" Reeve and Keaton and I'd pay $20 a pop.

So far, I love the 6" Star Wars, the quality is there and they come out at a manageable pace for me, so I pay $20 a pop, I can swing it.

I wasn't complaining about the Marvel price. Personally, I'm nearly done with superheroes so let them price it at whatever. That's all I was saying.

#22 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostBelmont13, on 12 October 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Yes, but here's the question no one wants to ask. "Will they still look so great come release time?"

Anybody remember the Batman '66 Joker figure? His convention pics were cool to.

#23 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

View Postmako, on 14 October 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostBelmont13, on 12 October 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Yes, but here's the question no one wants to ask. "Will they still look so great come release time?"

Anybody remember the Batman '66 Joker figure? His convention pics were cool to.

You bring a valid point, I remember how great the GL series Sodam Yat prototype looked and then it came out and looked like a Saiyan on drugs.

#24 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 14 October 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Man, I never thought what I wrote in that Marvel thread would get so much attention. I had to go back and reread what I wrote because I honestly forgot.

The thing is, I never complained about the $20 Marvel price! So I guess I don't know where people are getting that. What I was stating there was I'm good on superheroes, I'm happy with were my super hero collection is at. I passed on almost all of the last three waves of ML even at $15 because I just don't need most of them. If Hasbro raises their prices $5 per figure, FINE! Yes it sucks, but it is what it is.

Yes, I DO still want 6" Reeve and Keaton and I'd pay $20 a pop.

So far, I love the 6" Star Wars, the quality is there and they come out at a manageable pace for me, so I pay $20 a pop, I can swing it.

I wasn't complaining about the Marvel price. Personally, I'm nearly done with superheroes so let them price it at whatever. That's all I was saying.

Oh well I didn't see your post in Marvel just the thread here, but my point wasn't really about you specifically. I have seen a lot of collectors complain about prices and I am sure companies like Hasbro and Mattel have to. Some people seem to be under this impression these companies are just trying to gouge you all with these high prices ans that if you complain enough they might lower their prices and still give you the high level of quality and scale, and I am afraid that's just not going to happen. When people complain about prices and the sales don't happen that just gives companies more incentives to cut back to try and lower price. Yes $10 for a 3.75" figure is a lot but its cheaper than $20+ which is what 6" figures are costing more and more these days. The 3.75" 5 POA figures are a result of companies trying to come up with product they can still sell at old action figure prices with the hopes that will be more appealing to folks (Mostly parents) than a high quality figure at larger scale with a larger price point.

To put it simply you guys can complain till the cows come home and you can quit buying the figures but in the end all thats going to result in is companies moving on to something else. Mattel even said at their panel this weekend at NYCC that the day action figures cost $40 (and they seem to think that day will come) they know most people aren't going to pay that and at that point these lines will just be done because they've become to expensive to make.

I think collectors either need to quit being so picky about their demands or be prepared to start paying the big bucks to get the high quality they demand from companies like Hot Toys and such which are geared for that as opposed to companies like Hasbro and Mattel which really are in the business of making toys for kids.

#25 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostJayC, on 14 October 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

I think collectors either need to quit being so picky about their demands or be prepared to start paying the big bucks to get the high quality they demand from companies like Hot Toys and such which are geared for that as opposed to companies like Hasbro and Mattel which really are in the business of making toys for kids.

I think collectors should go on doing what their doing. If they support a product, or even want to support a product, they have the right to state an opinion, unfavorable or not.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us