TNI Forums: Masters of the Universe Classics Plundor Figure Video Review & Images - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Masters of the Universe Classics Plundor Figure Video Review & Images

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Monkey
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Masters of the Universe Classics Plundor Figure Video Review & Images

View the full article

#2 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Such a ridiculous figure, but the Horsemen did a great job. He looks pretty sharp.

And I didn't realize he comes with Skeletor's Filmation axe. Nice inclusion.

#3 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostEric, on 02 October 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

Such a ridiculous figure, but the Horsemen did a great job. He looks pretty sharp.

And I didn't realize he comes with Skeletor's Filmation axe. Nice inclusion.

I love this figure mainly cause I loved the Ep the character appeared in. One of my favorite episodes of the original cartoon.

#4 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

can't wait for this guy. kinda looks like toyguru.

#5 User is offline   fettman 

• Andorian

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Ugh. And one of the reasons a lot of people had trouble deciding to sub for 2013. There are more well known characters that should been made for this slot. Ugh x(

#6 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

He's a Filmation figure that should have been in the Filmation sub... and somehow I'm sure was originally planned to be in it, but Nepthu clearly took priority.

#7 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

i love this figure!!! this was a great episode :) i believe plundor deserves a spot in the line-up.

#8 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Oh he finally put it up.Dan was posting the pictures all over his FB page

#9 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

I hate that TG trolled us by switching Strong Arm and Plundor about in the subs. Fing troll.

#10 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

You know I really don't get the hate many of these Filmation figures get. Maybe because to me growing up my main exposure to He-Man was the cartoon but I would think the fandom would welcome these kind of obscure characters, and honestly I don't even consider this one obscure. He was created by Paul Dini and I know many Star Wars fans would love to see Hasbro do a Jaxxon figure. I just don't get the attitude I see from many MOTU collectors that seems to be if it wasn't a figure in the Vintage line they don't want it for this line.

#11 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

I don't think it's so much the figures themselves, rather than they are Scott Neitlich's wants. He pretends to make the figures fans want, when in reality he just makes the stuff he wants. If people complain, he says they are a "vocal minority".

#12 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I love how some fans like certain FIlmation figures, but hate others like Plundor... while also saying that he's a waste of a slot... that's selfish. If you hate one Filmation figure, you may as well hate them all and say Filmation has no part in the line. That would be less selfish.

#13 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm pretty excited for the Energizer Bunny of Evil. I'm also going to have oodles of fun head-swapping the bunny head onto various other figures.

Glad he turned out so well.

#14 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Not one I would have asked for but since I'm getting my Filmation choice(Strong-Arm), I happy someone else is getting theirs!

Now all I need is a Lizard Man and I'll be happy.

#15 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

That's pretty much my biggest disappointment about Club Filmation. We're getting a doofy guy like Nepthu instead of a quintessential Filmation Master like Lizard-Man.

A crying shame.

#16 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Wolverine

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostMonkey_Shuttle, on 03 October 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

That's pretty much my biggest disappointment about Club Filmation. We're getting a doofy guy like Nepthu instead of a quintessential Filmation Master like Lizard-Man.

A crying shame.

Was anyone excited for that guy beside Scott?...

#17 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Scott claims that Nepthu was fan demanded, but even the loyal orgers denied such a statement. Then at some point he openly admitted that Nepthu was his personal want and didn't care if fans liked him or not.

#18 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

View Postmegachickmagnet, on 03 October 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Scott claims that Nepthu was fan demanded, but even the loyal orgers denied such a statement. Then at some point he openly admitted that Nepthu was his personal want and didn't care if fans liked him or not.

LOL, I find it hard to believe Scott would have said that even if that is what he thought. Never-the-less every line is gonna have some duds. But I totally agree the Lizard Men should have or should get some plastic love.

#19 User is offline   Dark Horse 

• Born to be the man...

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I find it amazing in this day and age that someone like Scott Neitlich can keep his job after so many outbursts insulting fans (though always quickly deleted by Org mods)
Not only should Mattel fire him, but he should be banned from every MotUC board for the worst trolling in history.

#20 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Umm, yes! Scott doesn't have a filter when he gets flared up over negative fan response. I don't remember where I read it, prolly in one of the Q&As... but he snarkly said in so many words that he chose Nepthu because he likes him, and doesn't care if the fans want him or not. Then contradicted himself by saying that Nepthu was fan demanded. Basically, the ego makes him say stupid things... and the compulsive lying habit makes him contradict what he says. At any rate, not a very proffesional way to interact with fans.

To climb the corporate ladder, you have to step on toes, throw people under the bus, and be "cutthroat" ... Which is why Neitlich will NEVER lose his job.

#21 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostJayC, on 03 October 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

You know I really don't get the hate many of these Filmation figures get. Maybe because to me growing up my main exposure to He-Man was the cartoon but I would think the fandom would welcome these kind of obscure characters, and honestly I don't even consider this one obscure. He was created by Paul Dini and I know many Star Wars fans would love to see Hasbro do a Jaxxon figure. I just don't get the attitude I see from many MOTU collectors that seems to be if it wasn't a figure in the Vintage line they don't want it for this line.

I think it mostly has to do with what we haven't seen and may never see in MOTUC.

An obscure character that appeared in one episode of a cartoon getting released while a character that fans have loved for decades and played with as a kid doesn't get released doesn't sit well with collectors.

I want as many figures as possible. Even if I've never heard of them or don't like them as characters, I still want to see them released. I just want other figures first, or at least an assurance that we'll get those other figures eventually. I don't want those obscure characters/figures at the expense of "better" ones.

I'm fine with the Star Sisters being made. But if MOTUC ends and I have the option of buying the Star Sisters but not Rio Blast and Dragstor, I think MOTUC has been mishandled.

And I would much rather have Filmation He-Man and Filmation Hordak than Nepthu or even Plundor for the reasons you mentioned if it can only be one or the other. I watched a ton of episodes with Filmation He-Man and Hordak featured, but only one with Nepthu or Plundor.

#22 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostEric, on 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

I think it mostly has to do with what we haven't seen and may never see in MOTUC.

An obscure character that appeared in one episode of a cartoon getting released while a character that fans have loved for decades and played with as a kid doesn't get released doesn't sit well with collectors.

I want as many figures as possible. Even if I've never heard of them or don't like them as characters, I still want to see them released. I just want other figures first, or at least an assurance that we'll get those other figures eventually. I don't want those obscure characters/figures at the expense of "better" ones.

I'm fine with the Star Sisters being made. But if MOTUC ends and I have the option of buying the Star Sisters but not Rio Blast and Dragstor, I think MOTUC has been mishandled.

And I would much rather have Filmation He-Man and Filmation Hordak than Nepthu or even Plundor for the reasons you mentioned if it can only be one or the other. I watched a ton of episodes with Filmation He-Man and Hordak featured, but only one with Nepthu or Plundor.

Those are all good points, the only problem is and it doesn't matter whether its MOTU, GIJoe, Star Wars, Marvel or what have you, no matter how obscure a character is there will always be fan(s) that insist its in huge demand and if the company makes it people will snap it up in droves. They will swear by it because its what they want and maybe even two of their friends want it to, and even though the reality is those people may be small in numbers overall, they tend to be very vocal by nature. Thats why I just enjoy what comes and try not to worry to much about what doesn't.

#23 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostJayC, on 05 October 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

View PostEric, on 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Those are all good points, the only problem is and it doesn't matter whether its MOTU, GIJoe, Star Wars, Marvel or what have you, no matter how obscure a character is there will always be fan(s) that insist its in huge demand and if the company makes it people will snap it up in droves. They will swear by it because its what they want and maybe even two of their friends want it to, and even though the reality is those people may be small in numbers overall, they tend to be very vocal by nature. Thats why I just enjoy what comes and try not to worry to much about what doesn't.

Reminds me of Yarna, lol. Fans demanded her, and then she sat on the pegs for a few years. Cause, you know every little kid wants a fat 6 boobied dancing girl for their birthday.

Attached File  Yarna.jpg (26.65K)
Number of downloads: 2

#24 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Nobody should really complain about anything in the filmation sub...its an extra sub that should cater to the niche collectors out there.

If these characters were all put in the main sub, then there would be a lot more to justify the negative comments.

#25 User is offline   megachickmagnet 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Agreed, Complaining about a 6 figure Filmation sub is ridiculous. Nepthu is a Filmation character after all... not really the best choice for a figure, but... it is what it is.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us